Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fans will lve "STAN & OLLIE!"

spence

It's been a week since seeing STAN & OLLIE, but immediately knew tcm fans & especially fans of the duo would enjoy this marvelous movie, betty hurry it's already being pulled for lack of $business$ or Oscar shot though

John C. Reilly especially is superb & deserved his 2nd nomination-(his 1st was 2002's Oscar sweeping *CHICAGO)  as Oliver Hardy here  (Strangely Steve Coogan was up for a Golden Globe though?)

The legendary bits are mostly lifted from 1937's WAY OUT WEST

Anyone else had the chance to see this yet ???

• Thanks 1

I saw Stan & Ollie recently and really enjoyed it.  I can't imagine anyone doing a better job portraying Laurel and Hardy than Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly did.  Both were quite good and, in my opinion, deserved Oscar nominations.  And the story that the movie tells -- Stan and Ollie's last hurrah as a team, touring British theaters in the 50s with mixed success -- is sweet without being corny.  It's really a story about their friendship and their artistry.

Although I'm not a particularly big L&H fan, I do enjoy their movies and think they deserve to be remembered as among the greats of film history.  I assume that Stan & Ollie is at least roughly accurate, but I'd be interested to hear what more knowledgeable L&H fans thought about the movie.

I'm sorry that Stan & Ollie hasn't done better at the box office.  It's a well-told story with outstanding performances.  It deserves to be seen.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings