Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

no tribute for julie adams?

NipkowDisc

figures.

this is why you need old school TV space cadets for that special perspective in programming that you'll never gonna get from crime noir schtootzes.

me, I can think of 2 great movies right off and not that beaten into the ground creature from the black lagoon either. supposedly better than it's sequel Revenge of the Creature which is bull. the 2nd movie has what the first one shoulda had. an exciting escape rampage story. the first was too bogged down with those seemingly endless underwater sequences which had the creature swimming up and down and all around the delectably leggy Julie Adams. I must admit the friction between Carlson and Denning is good drama but they shoulda moved on to the good stuff like with the 2nd film.

now while Julie Adams wasn't a major star imo she rates a tribute especially given the number of time slackers inc. tcm have shown the creature from the black lagoon and it is easy. any space cadet automatically knows what two films to show…

1. the private war of major benson

with a charming performance from miss Julie as a military school nurse and chuck heston to boot!

and...

and it is such an obvious choice...

as far as I know Julie Adams' last contribution to the horror sci-fi genre...

from 1975...

2. psychic killer

along with jim hutton, aldo ray and paul burke.

:)

Actually here Nip, I guess you haven't heard that in honor of the luscious Miss Adams' passing, TCM will start up another of their little clubs that one can join.

Here's a shot of their first commercial for this new club that you'll soon see running on your TV...

creature-from-the-black-lagoon-julie-ada

Word is they expect their new "Bathing Suit Club" to be as successful as their Wine Club as been for them.

(...especially during the summer season)

32 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

figures.

this is why you need old school TV space cadets for that special perspective in programming that you'll never gonna get from crime noir schtootzes.

me, I can think of 2 great movies right off and not that beaten into the ground creature from the black lagoon either. supposedly better than it's sequel Revenge of the Creature which is bull. the 2nd movie has what the first one shoulda had. an exciting escape rampage story. the first was too bogged down with those seemingly endless underwater sequences which had the creature swimming up and down and all around the delectably leggy Julie Adams. I must admit the friction between Carlson and Denning is good drama but they shoulda moved on to the good stuff like with the 2nd film.

now while Julie Adams wasn't a major star imo she rates a tribute especially given the number of time slackers inc. tcm have shown the creature from the black lagoon and it is easy. any space cadet automatically knows what two films to show…

1. the private war of major benson

with a charming performance from miss Julie as a military school nurse and chuck heston to boot!

:)

I'm a Julie Adams fan and I enjoyed the movie, but only because I went to a military college.  As I recall it was not that good of a movie.  Adams did not have a distinguishing role and Heston was mediocre.  Relating to little children is not what Heston does well.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I'm a Julie Adams fan and I enjoyed the movie, but only because I went to a military college.  As I recall it was not that good of a movie.  Adams did not have a distinguishing role and Heston was mediocre.  Relating to little children is not what Heston does well.  

I literally just finished watching this movie, and Heston's awkwardness with the kids was the selling point of the movie. I thought it was a mildly amusing bit of family fare. Not my typical sort of film, but I'm trying to watch all of Heston's movies. As for Julie Adams, I liked her better with her longer hair. Her role isn't much to write home about, either.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Yeah, isn't this the movie where while holding two wayward young cadets in his charge by the scruff of their necks, Chuck says something to Julie like: "Sure, you can have these damn kids anytime you want and without having to pry them from my cold dead hands! Just get 'em out of my sight!" ?

(...a variation of this line of course being one he'd come to use much later in life)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings