Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who watched the entire Oscars?

spence

o I always watch them no matter how boring or crappy I may do-(actually I've always barely preferred forecasting the nominees vs actual winners, more difficult & proud to sat on Best Film noms this year I hit (8 for 😎 for 😎

Rating went up approx 3 or more Nielsen pts this time out, saw where some already noticed that. & at least they didn't have another staggering lousy production number!!!  Who fondly recalls Rob Lowe & Snow White around 1987/88?

Of course the newest Oscar winner, or among them *Lady GaGa-(you should see her real last name) & her A Star is Born  leading man may have stole the show with their superb rendition of the song SHALLOW.  But, of course *Spike Lee had to be obnoxious a wee bit again?  But fir a change think that was the most political anyone got this year, or was it?  Of course his main dilemma was that GREEN BOOK defeated his own Blackkklansman for "The Biggie"

A Best film contender I;m glad I stuck with over 3 months now, but ultra close race vs Roma still)  Always learned in over 36yrs if you alter a prediction, you blow it, usually anyway   My personal best ye4ar was 1997's the mammoth year of *TITANIC-(swept 11) have to look it up in Mr.0sborn's must have book, think I scored 21 for 24

Personally I've always felt that they should just show Best Song contenders the way they were used in the cinema, anyone agree?

Oscars of course weren't that political & or pc, kinda' started around early to mid 1990's

Anyhow, who saw entire or most of the show-(also seemed shorter?) I sound like an old guy, but fir decades they were presented end of March & on a Monday instead

& apparently it was too early, but in MEMORIAM left out Stanley Donen???

& your views on them? & how many of these contenders have you been able to check out?  I don't care what the AMPAS/Hollywood says or didn;t do  STAN & OLLIE was my own A #1 & not even up for either actors or it's amazing make-up??

One thing seemed an absolute this yrs commercials were not up to par, The Super Bowl & them are most expensive above all.

THANK YOU

• Like 1

I always watch them. There have been some years in which I didn't see any of the nominated films, but I still watch! Some years have held my interest more than others, and the next day I have forgotten who won or didn't.

I think you are correct; they didn't include Stanley Donan (probably missed the cutoff date.)

On 2/25/2019 at 9:33 PM, spence said:

o I always watch them no matter how boring or crappy I may do-(actually I've always barely preferred forecasting the nominees vs actual winners, more difficult & proud to sat on Best Film noms this year I hit (8 for 😎 for 😎

Rating went up approx 3 or more Nielsen pts this time out, saw where some already noticed that. & at least they didn't have another staggering lousy production number!!!  Who fondly recalls Rob Lowe & Snow White around 1987/88?

Of course the newest Oscar winner, or among them *Lady GaGa-(you should see her real last name) & her A Star is Born  leading man may have stole the show with their superb rendition of the song SHALLOW.  But, of course *Spike Lee had to be obnoxious a wee bit again?  But fir a change think that was the most political anyone got this year, or was it?  Of course his main dilemma was that GREEN BOOK defeated his own Blackkklansman for "The Biggie"

A Best film contender I;m glad I stuck with over 3 months now, but ultra close race vs Roma still)  Always learned in over 36yrs if you alter a prediction, you blow it, usually anyway   My personal best ye4ar was 1997's the mammoth year of *TITANIC-(swept 11) have to look it up in Mr.0sborn's must have book, think I scored 21 for 24

Personally I've always felt that they should just show Best Song contenders the way they were used in the cinema, anyone agree?

Oscars of course weren't that political & or pc, kinda' started around early to mid 1990's

Anyhow, who saw entire or most of the show-(also seemed shorter?) I sound like an old guy, but fir decades they were presented end of March & on a Monday instead

& your views on them? & how many of these contenders have you been able to check out?  I don't care what the AMPAS/Hollywood says or didn;t do  STAN & OLLIE was my own A #1 & not even up for either actors or it's amazing make-up??

One thing seemed an absolute this yrs commercials were not up to par, The Super Bowl & them are most expensive above all.

THANK YOU

Show was 3 hours 18 minutes instead of the usual 4+ hours.  Maybe not having a host shortened it?

On 2/25/2019 at 10:33 PM, spence said:

THANK YOU

I admire you for watching, Spence. I on the other hand, fell asleep and missed the whole shebang so thanks for keeping me up to date with your remarks!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings