Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sine Qua Non Films

CaveGirl

My old Latin teacher, Sister Mary Victorine used to say that the official meaning of this might be "Without Which Nothing" but saying it was about one of a kind things also worked. 

I like one of a kind films, whether bad or good, and one of the good ones I think is Sergei Parajanov's "The Color of Pomegranates",a truly different and unique movie.

Always looking for more though, so if you know any, please submit them here.

Thanks!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Wha? You mean titles like 'The Scent of Green Papaya'? There could easily be another movie about papaya somewhere. How to determine uniqueness here pray tell? :)

Bunkie, use your imagination to "determine uniqueness"!

For example, you could say a film is the only one with Tommy Manville in drag playing a chorine or the film was the sole one directed by Texas Guinan.

All such distinctions are valid in my book.

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Like these

Un Chien Andalou (1929) surreal

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? (1964) Sort of a monster movie musical

It goes without saying, though you thought of it first, that UCA is sine qua non among films. We can probably attribute many of its visuals as being inspiration for some of the early music videos on MTV.

TISCWSLABMUZ is one of my favorite Steckler films along with "Rat Pfink a Boo Boo". Love the fortune telling Madame Estrella in the former. Thanks!

Empire (1964) black-and-white silent film by Andy Warhol. eight hours and five minutes of slow motion footage of an unchanging view of the Empire State Building.

Pink Flamingos (1972) CG you mentioned this in another thread it should be here too. The filthiest people alive contest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings