Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That new film Scholar program

I saw that message on t.c.m.  about that scholar program for actors and filmmakers of ethnicity. I can't help to feel that since this is a big corporation who might be behind this that, they are actually exploiting these possible future talents for the color of their skin, for tax shelters, rather than helping them in their talent. This is the reason why Dave Chapell quit his own show. He discovered that the white producer hires him for the color of his skin and not for his talents, possibly for tax shelter reasons too. This is an insult.  .No decent ethnic person loves that.T hat is not equality. Equality is risking not being chosen due to lack of talent or not enough, just like the others as much as being chosen for being the best talent.   

I don't know about the TCM program you refer to --but in general, as applied to the state of things around us generally--these are sage insights. The sanctimonious tokenism and lip-service sweeping this land of ours, deserves a mount with the Four Horsemen.

22 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

I don't know about the TCM program you refer to --but in general, as applied to the state of things around us generally--these are sage insights. The sanctimonious tokenism and lip-service sweeping this land of ours, deserves a mount with the Four Horsemen.

Thanks for mentioning the famous Four Horsemen, Sarge.

I am a fan too of Notre Dame football and glad to see you appreciate their former gridiron stars under Knute also!

Indeed I am a fan of that legendary squad. The spirit of those four guys puts todays Americans to shame. However, I believe 'Hibi' or some other arch, eyebrow-raised poster round these parts was foist to mention that Glen Ford movie title in the Andre Previn thread. He was johnny-on-the-spot. Much praise goes to 'Hibi' for his film knowledge, and I say that sincerely. To direct our attention to Knut Rockne, now ...that is something else again. Truly an American icon. Even when the sports-loving Zucker Bros parody that Pat O'Brian movie in 'Airplane!' it makes me mist up. Is there a more powerful movie sequence in American cinema? Leslie Nielsen did a take-off of Pat O'Brian and it still makes one choke up! Zowie!