Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE WILD PARTY no longer scheduled


Recommended Posts

Just to complete the picture, it looks like TCM moved the remaining Fredric March films earlier on the schedule and added another Constance Bennett film Outcast Lady (1934) as the first film for the daytime theme the following morning.

I too was looking forward to seeing The Wild Party — per MovieCollectorOH's data it hasn't been shown on TCM since 2001.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here we go again. Another rare film that TCM had on the schedule and now knocked off. It's very frustrating. I was really looking forward to this first talkie from Clara Bow. TCM has shown "Design For Living" several times already. Bummer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, midnight08 said:

Here we go again. Another rare film that TCM had on the schedule and now knocked off. It's very frustrating. I was really looking forward to this first talkie from Clara Bow. TCM has shown "Design For Living" several times already. Bummer.

From a historical perspective, it has importance.  As a movie, you aren't missing anything.  Outcast Lady is better, tho not much, with Ms. Bennett gamely taking on a heavier role than usual (watch instead the silent A Woman of Affairs, 1928, with Greta Garbo).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, the wild party's no longer scheduled you say?!

(...Well, I'm certainly glad you told me this NOW, and before I began wasting my time looking for that old toga I put somewhere in my closet years ago)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, slaytonf said:

From a historical perspective, it has importance.  As a movie, you aren't missing anything.  Outcast Lady is better, tho not much, with Ms. Bennett gamely taking on a heavier role than usual (watch instead the silent A Woman of Affairs, 1928, with Greta Garbo).

Maybe I'm different from most film lovers but I do look forward many times to seeing films if only for their historical perspective or their rarity. I've been a big fan of Jean Harlow and Clara Bow for years so when Film Forum was presenting a festival of Fox pre codes I went to NYC for a few days just to see "Goldie" and "Hoopla" which were playing as a double feature. "Goldie" is a lousy film but it starred Jean and Spencer Tracy and being a Fox film it's never shown anywhere other than a film festival. For Harlow fans this is the most elusive film. I wanted to see "Hoopla" as this was Clara's swan song on screen and another rarity which has never been televised. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, midnight08 said:

Maybe I'm different from most film lovers but I do look forward many times to seeing films if only for their historical perspective or their rarity. I've been a big fan of Jean Harlow and Clara Bow for years so when Film Forum was presenting a festival of Fox pre codes I went to NYC for a few days just to see "Goldie" and "Hoopla" which were playing as a double feature. "Goldie" is a lousy film but it starred Jean and Spencer Tracy and being a Fox film it's never shown anywhere other than a film festival. For Harlow fans this is the most elusive film. I wanted to see "Hoopla" as this was Clara's swan song on screen and another rarity which has never been televised. 

Good on ya, midnight08.  I have been known to slog my way through a movie because of who the director was, or who was in it.  I made my comment so that people would not feel bad about missing out on something good.  And if people feel compelled to see it, they can type The Wild Party 1929 into the search bar of their favorite browser.  They might be pleasantly surprised.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, SullivansTravels said:

THE WILD PARTY (1929) with Fredric March and Clara Bow, slated to kick off an evening of March films next Tuesday (5th), is no longer on the schedule.

TYPICAL!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2019 at 12:37 AM, midnight08 said:

Here we go again. Another rare film that TCM had on the schedule and now knocked off. It's very frustrating. I was really looking forward to this first talkie from Clara Bow. TCM has shown "Design For Living" several times already. Bummer.

Design for Living has been shown MANY times...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...