Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Petition to Universal Pictures to release “Jungle Mystery” on DVD

4 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

You remind me of a man. A man with the power of hoodoo.

...David Bowie??

Anyway, I take it that ThePetitionSite is the new 10's version of Change.org, which was the 00's version of PetitionOnline, which was...hoo-boy, ask one of the old folks from the birth-of-DVD days, and be prepared for some belly laughs?  :D

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be an ongoing debate as to which format would ultimately win more households: disc-based media like DVD and Blu-Ray vs 'streaming'. I remember participating in it, but I can't remember why I even cared a hang.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:14 PM, MaryGH said:

I will keep this as brief as possible.

Basically this is a petition to Universal to finally (four years after its restoration in 2015) release "Jungle Mystery" on DVD this year, 2019. 

A huge thank you to everyone who signs, and please share this!

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/479/634/629/petition-to-universal-pictures-to-release-“jungle-mystery”-on-dvd/

It could happen. After a year and a half of nothing, last summer Universal released a bunch of older films via their Universal Vault Series. Universal does not advertise this, and the best way I can recommend to find out anything is to just search Amazon periodically for "Universal Vault Series DVD" and sort by recent releases. That is how I found the last batch.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, calvinnme said:

It could happen. After a year and a half of nothing, last summer Universal released a bunch of older films via their Universal Vault Series. Universal does not advertise this, and the best way I can recommend to find out anything is to just search Amazon periodically for "Universal Vault Series DVD" and sort by recent releases. That is how I found the last batch.

I am very hopeful. I have written to Universal about "Jungle Mystery" and since its restoration four years ago...you know, this was considered a "lost film" for many years even though rumors were that prints existed in other countries. Regardless, it is time this was on DVD.

And this serial was shown at Cinecon 52 in 2016 in Los Angeles. That should count for something.