Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question for TCMprogrammer about October scheduele

Hi, I was just curious, does TCM have any plans for debuing any more of Universal's classic horror films in October? Like any of the Mummy, Dracula,Invisible Man creature sequels, as well as Werewolf of London, the 1943 version of Phantom of the Opera, or any of the studios more obscure stuff, like Murders in the Rue Morgue (1932), or Paramounts Island of Lost Souls (1932)? Any more Hammer fims? like letterboxed versions of Curse of the Werewolf, and Phantom of the Opera(1963)? I would greatly appriciate any info. Thanks!

Not a TCM programmer, but I GUARANTEE you see one helluva lineup for OCTOBER.

Last year TCM did a month long tribute to BORIS KARLOFF & HAMMER FILMS

Saw unique Karloff from WALKING DEAD to DEVIL'S ISLAND & MASK OF FU MANCHU

Hammer gems like: HORROR OF DRACULA, REPTILE & DEVIL'S BRIDE....something-i don't what- happened on the last film the had scheduled: LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES was subed with DEVIL'S OWN.....which was tragic

• 2 weeks later...

It sure would be great to finally have October and November and December and January and so on with lots and lots of movies that TCM hardly ever shows!! I have requested lots of movies that they own but never show anymore. Movies such as THE SINGING KID, THE CAPTAIN'S KID , BELOVED BRAT, OBLIGING YOUNG LADY, PETTICOAT LARCENY, UNFINISHED DANCE, THE BIG CITY (1948) and many others but, all they do is show the same movies over and over, month after month, month after month after month and it is so BORING! When they finally put up their new month of listings, I get excited just to be let down as it just is the same movies once again!

Lets hope that TCM will start showing the other movies they own!

I sure do know what you mean leo, before last year, TCM would just show horror films it owned, even though TCM has some really good ones like the Lon Chaney silents, Freaks, Mad Love, King Kong etc, Id much rather have a variety and watch the classic horrors of Universal, and Paramount on Halloween, thats why I thought last year's Hammmer/Universal marathon in October was a just great!

This October there will be a bunch of horror, but it won't be a lot of new stuff, unfortunately. Like many of you, I was very happy to be able to do the Hammer festival last year. This year it's going to be the Universal horror titles (all of which have played already) combined with our library, and a few miscellaneous films in there. There will be the premiere of the Louis Feuillade serial "Judex" - not so much horror, but a great crime drama from 1916, the restoration of which we're very proud to have funded . I think it's a great schedule.

TCM Programmer: The vast majority of us here couldn't be more happy with your programming/scheduling, and we're very proud of your outstanding restorations of the wonderful Silents, like "Greed". You've thanked us for our support, and we also thank you for continuing to make TCM the best Classic Movie network we could ask for. Good job! :)ML

1 thing i'm glad about though is that TCM doesn't show commercial during their movies! the logo's i can stand that's no biggie cuz The Sci-Fi Channel does the same thing so my point is i'm use 2 it. but AMC ****'s NOW! they show movies THAT AREN'T CLASSIC'S at all! also at least TCM which does make a habit of repeating the SAME movis Over & over depening on which 1 of course! like Rear Window 4 example. but least they ALSO show different movies AMC shows basically the SAME movies EVERY MONTH! true TCM also has a habit of it but NOT as much as AMC! b4 i go i just have 2 say i can't wait till "The Horror Channel" comes in October i think it is?