Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Criticizing Israel Anti-Semitic.?

Unreal antisemitism from Rick Wiles at" TruNews"as

he calls the Trump impeachment process a "Jew Coup"

and says Jews will take over the country and "kill millions of Christians.".......

The groups that can make the biggest difference are those that have supported

Denounce antisemitic TruNews and

demand the@whitehouse.....

kick them out of the Press Corps!

https://twitter.com/elderofziyon/status/1199548034930991104

• 2 weeks later...

Trump Criticized by Jewish Groups Again for ‘Anti-Semitic Tropes’ in Speech

....... Trump told attendees at the summit in Hollywood, Florida, “A lot of you are in the real estate business, because I know you very well.

You’re brutal killers. Not nice people at all, but you have to vote for me you have no choice,” he said. ...

Jewish Democratic Council of America Executive Director Halie Soifer said in a statement on Sunday that Trump used “anti-Semitic stereotypes to characterize Jews as driven by money and insufficiently loyal to Israel.” Jewish advocacy group J Street tweeted that

the president is “incapable of addressing Jewish audiences without dipping into the deep well of anti-Semitic tropes that shape his worldview.” .........

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-criticized-by-jewish-groups-again-for-anti-semitic-tropes-in-speech-at-israeli-american-council-summit?via=twitter_page

<_<

• Confused 1

President Trump will sign an executive order defining Judaism as a nationality,
not just a religion,
thus bolstering the Education Department's efforts to stamp out "Boycott Israel" movements on college campuses

===================================

Wait, so...Jews who live in America are no longer American?

Or will they have dual citizenship?

Where will they live? Will they have a separate state? Will they be taken to this separate state by, I dunno, trains? Will they be living in, say, camps?

So many questions.

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

President Trump will sign an executive order defining Judaism as a nationality,
not just a religion,
thus bolstering the Education Department's efforts to stamp out "Boycott Israel" movements on college campuses

===================================

Wait, so...Jews who live in America are no longer American?

Or will they have dual citizenship?

Where will they live? Will they have a separate state? Will they be taken to this separate state by, I dunno, trains? Will they be living in, say, camps?

So many questions.

I'm stepping up my participation in the Boycott Israel movement.   

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hanukkah attack highlights disturbing rise of anti-Semitic violence

'.....Anti-Semitic attacks that have become more frequent, sinister and deadly are showing no signs of abating as the year closes.

The perpetrators of these violent acts, from murder to intimidation, span the spectrum of anti-Semitism and fail to fall into a predictable pattern of perpetrators.

Some are motivated by white nationalism, while others have been aggrieved black separatists, radicalized Islamists and conspiracy theorists...........

Nearly every day over the week of Hanukkah, members of the community have reported anti-Semitic verbal and physical assaults. Orthodox Jews, easily identified based on their appearance and dress, are some of the most vulnerable members of the community.

“We’ve been promised protection and security for a while,” Kornbluh said, “This is only the first day I can measure if there is any heightened police presence… people feel it’s only a [bandaid] on a large open wound.” ...........

The attack in Monsey comes almost three weeks since a targeted attack on Jews in a Kosher supermarket in Jersey City, where three people and a police officer were killed.

Jewish holidays in the U.S. are increasingly being marked by atrocities. the final day of Passover in April, a 19-year-old gunman entered a synagogue in Poway, Calif., killing one woman and injuring three others.

During Saturday morning prayers at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh in October 2018, 11 worshipers were murdered and six wounded by a gun-wielding assailant who reportedly spouted anti-Semitic insults during the attack and had earlier targeted Jews on social media.

Attacks have also taken place on other denominations.........

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/476301-hanukkah-attack-highlights-disturbing-rise-on-anti-semitic-violence

:(

On 1/1/2020 at 6:16 PM, mr6666 said:

More proof that Bibi lies just as much as Trump.

He said he would NOT ask for immunity prior to the last election.     He doesn't win said election and since he wishes to retain \regain power, at any cost,   wants to avoid a trial.

42 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

More proof that Bibi lies just as much as Trump.

He said he would NOT ask for immunity prior to the last election.     He doesn't win said election and since he wishes to retain \regain power, at any cost,   wants to avoid a trial.

James,

What do you think about the similarities between Boris Johnson, Netanyahu and trump?

53 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

James,

What do you think about the similarities between Boris Johnson, Netanyahu and trump?

Johnson has taken on some of Trump's "methods" of communication but it is my understanding  (which I admit is limited),  that Johnson was like that prior to Trump entering into politics.      As for believing they are the chosen-one and therefore how they get to be top-dog and stay there and the POV that any means-justify-this-end:    Bibi and Donald are very similar:   corruption,  lies,   illegal activity,,,,,    all done because I'm the only one that can ensure our country stays safe!   (trying to suppress gag reflex).

I don't know enough about Johnson to say that he follows that model as well.

• Thanks 1

https://thephilosophicalsalon.com/yes-anti-semitism-is-alive-and-well-but-where/

YES, ANTI-SEMITISM IS ALIVE AND WELL–BUT WHERE?

A strange thing happened to me over these past few days. On Friday, December 20 the website of Spectator USA published my comment on the thin line between Zionism and anti-Semitism. A couple of hours after the comment appeared on the web, it mysteriously disappeared. (It was still announced on the main page, but when one clicked on my text there, it was unavailable). I was told that this was just a matter of a technical glitch and that the text would re-appear very soon, which it did in late afternoon of December 21. However, it was now available in a shortened form, with two central passages missing, and I was told that the editor just decided to “tidy up” my text.

All this happened shortly after the furious reactions to my comment published on the website of Independent, to which I was not allowed to reply. (Russia Today reported on this incident). Since my text for Spectator deals with a similar topic, I cannot but suspect that I am again a victim of censorship. Let the readers decide! Here is my full text as it first appeared on Spectator’s website, and the main two passages that disappeared in its reappearance are between ((( and ))). I wasn’t consulted about this change, and readers should note, especially, the disappearance of the last paragraph which brings in Palestinians. This is where we stand today in our “permissive” liberal societies: it looks like I am now considered problematic in the last two digital (not printed, I was excluded from print media years ago) news outlets in the English-speaking part of the world that have been still open to me.

One of the main reasons for Labour’s defeat in the UK was the well-orchestrated campaign of character assassination of Corbyn who was even rated Top Anti-Semite of 2019 by Simon Wiesenthal Center (ahead of actual terrorists!). This was a case of foreign meddling in elections at least as strong as the Russian meddling in the last US elections. There is nothing new here: it’s just a small part of a global offensive, whose victims are also many Jews critical of Israeli politics like the “propagandist for Hamas” Gideon Levy who wrote in Haaretz on December 8:

“Laws labeling anti-Zionism as anti-Semitism and the anti-occupation movement as anti-Semitic, are passed with overwhelming majorities. Now they are playing into the hands of Israel and the Jewish establishment, but they are liable to ignite anti-Semitism when questions arise about the extent of their meddling.”

• 3 weeks later...

I met this morning at the White House with Jared Kushner and Ambassador Friedman.
I appreciate the meeting. I gave them my unvarnished opinion on their so-called "peace plan",
which in reality is a total abandonment of decades of U.S. Middle East policy.

Here's what I told them:.........

2/ Any claim that this plan envisions a Palestinian state is just false. The plan allows Israel to control all security matters inside the Palestinian "state", and thus it's not a state at all.

3/ The unilateral annexation of the Jordan River valley and existing settlements, deemed illegal under U.S. and international law, will set back the peace process decades. And it risks real violence and massive destabilization inside places like Jordan. .................

:unsure:

Trump and Netanyahu Dictate Terms of Palestinian Surrender to Israel and Call It Peace

January 28 2020, 6:06 p.m.

Flanked by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu but no Palestinian leader, President Donald Trump unveiled “a vision for peace” in the Middle East on Tuesday which permits Israel to annex much of the occupied West Bank immediately, offering the Palestinians only local control in isolated Bantustans surrounded by Israeli territory.

As many Israeli political observers noted, the timing of the announcement, just hours after Netanyahu was indicted on corruption charges in Jerusalem, looked like an effort to boost the prime minister’s bid to win reelection in March, his best hope for avoiding prison........

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said that the proposal was not “the deal of the century,” as Trump and the Israelis described it, but “the slap of the century.”

“Trump, Jerusalem is not for sale. Our rights are not for sale. Your conspiracy deal will not pass,” Abbas said, in comments reported........

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/28/trump-netanyahu-dictate-terms-palestinian-surrender-israel-call-peace/

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-icc-delays-israel-palestine-debate-because-prosecutor-exceeded-page-limit-1.8432655

ICC Delays Israel-Palestine Debate Because Prosecutor Exceeded Page Limit

Meanwhile, Netanyahu calls for sanctions on the international court for its 'full-frontal' attack on the Jewish people's right to live in Israel

The International Criminal Court will delay its debate into whether it has the jurisdiction to probe alleged Israeli war crimes in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem due to a procedural error related to the filing's page limit, the court announced Tuesday.

"The Chamber agrees with the Prosecutor that the nature, novelty and complexity of the issue, that is, the jurisdiction of the Court with respect to the situation in Palestine ... gives rise to 'exceptional circumstances,'" the court decision read, granting the prosecutor's request for an extension of the page limit but asking her to file a new request.

Earlier on Tuesday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the International Criminal Court is in a "full frontal attack" on democracy and the Jewish people's right to live in Israel.

"The U.S. government under President Trump has spoken forcefully against the ICC for this travesty," Netanyahu said, "and I urge all your viewers to do the same and ask for concrete actions, sanctions, against the international court. Its officials, its prosecutors, everyone."

Last month, ICC Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda stated that there is readonable basis to investigate Israel for its actions but has requested the court to decide over the question of its jurisdiction in the Palestinians territories. Israel's attorney general argued that the ICC, to which Israel is not a party, "lacks jurisdiction in relation to Israel and that any Palestinian actions with respect to the court are legally invalid," as the Palestinian Authority is not a sovereign states, although it has joined the ICC's Rome Statute.

The Prosecutor's Office specifically noted allegations that Israel has been involved in demolishing Palestinian property and evicting Palestinians from the West Bank and East Jerusalem. It also referenced 2014's Operation Protective Edge, the war in the Gaza Strip, as well as Israel's plan to evacuate residents of the Bedouin village Khan al-Ahmar, and Israeli construction of settlements in the West Bank.

Trump is not going to bring peace to Israel and Palestine portion of Middle East.   It may never be solved, especially by outsiders.

He doesn't even understand that his recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and saying the Palestinian capital would be East Jerusalem is a total contradiction.

Not to mention that the Palestinians and other Arab nations don't trust anything Trump says - and with good reason.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Israel's PM Netanyahu, unbeaten in elections, goes on trial

Netanyahu is charged with fraud, breach of trust, and accepting bribes in a series of cases expected to last years.

He is accused of accepting expensive gifts, such as cartons of champagne and cigars, from wealthy friends and offering favours to media moguls in exchange for favourable news coverage of him and his family.

In the most serious case, he is accused of promoting legislation that delivered hundreds of millions of dollars of profits to the owner of a major telecom company, while wielding behind-the-scenes editorial influence over the firm's popular news website.

Netanyahu has denied the charges, claiming he is the victim of an "attempted coup" by overly aggressive police, biased prosecutors and a hostile media..............

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/israel-pm-netanyahu-unbeaten-elections-trial-200523173221408.html?taid=5ec995d8c4c54c00017f170a&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

:unsure:

• 1 month later...

UN chief Antonio Guterres urges Israel to drop annexation plans

Secretary-general says such a move will be 'devastating' for hopes of fresh talks and an eventual two-state solution.

..........Trump's plan proposed the establishment of a demilitarised Palestinian state on the remaining patchwork of disjointed parts of the Palestinian territories without occupied East Jerusalem. The plan has been rejected in its entirety by the Palestinians.

The Security Council meeting, to be held by video conference, will be the last major international meeting on the issue before the July 1 deadline.

"Any decision on sovereignty will be made only by the Israeli government," Israel's UN envoy Danny Danon said in a statement on Tuesday.

Diplomats expect a vast majority of UN members to again oppose the Israeli plans on Wednesday...........

.........hundreds of international law professors and scholars signed an open letter condemning the Israeli plans to annex territory in the West Bank, calling it a "flagrant violation of bedrock rules of international law, and would also pose a serious threat to international stability in a volatile region".

Kevin Jon Heller, an international law professor, told Al Jazeera the Israeli-planned annexation is a "clear and fundamental violation of international law that prohibits annexation of territories taken by force"...................

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/chief-antonio-guterres-urges-israel-drop-annexation-plans-200623193943439.html?taid=5ef29b0a72927600019c76cf&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

<_<