Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am such a skeptic when it comes to ghosts and monsters and gypsy spells. BUT!!! I worked as a receptionist in a film library when I was in high school to earn some extra credits. The master of the household warned me about a ghost in the house. As i was typing and answering the phone (got to talk to Dick Foran), the film projector fell. I was doubling as a baby sitter at the time. I went out of the office to take care of the kid. When I came back, all the file cabinet drawers were open, when I know they had been closed. I don't know. There was always a chill in that office as well. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TomJH said:

Richard Carlson: "A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes walking around blindly with dead eyes, following orders, not knowing what they do, not caring."

Over to you, Bob, err Dargo . . .

K5OfJwQ.png

"You mean like (us) Democrats?!"

(...thanks ol' buddy...I knew I could count on you!) ;)

LOL

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Dargo said:

"You mean like (us) Democrats?!"

(...thanks ol' buddy...I knew I could count on you!) ;)

LOL

Dargo, timing is crucial in comedy. Groucho had it. Benny had it. Hope had it.

But to deliver the punch line five hours after you've been set up for it by the straight man, hmmm, we might have to work on this timing business, buddy.

Anyway Hope was a life long Republican, I believe, so he probably enjoyed delivering that line more than most. And obviously you did, too, even if it was a swipe at your own preferred party. The comic wins out over politics here as you know a good line when you see it.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Dargo, timing is crucial in comedy. Groucho had it. Benny had it. Hope had it.

But to deliver the punch line five hours after you've been set up for it by the straight man, hmmm, we might have to work on this timing business, buddy.

Anyway Hope was a life long Republican, I believe, so he probably enjoyed delivering that line more than most. And obviously you did, too, even if it was a swipe at your own preferred party. You know a good line when you see it.

Yeah yeah, I know. Five hours to deliver the punchline WAS a long time, and would be about four hours, fifty-nine minutes and forty-five seconds longer than even Jack Benny and after that look and long pause he always gave, would have waited to deliver one back in the day.

BUT, you'll have to forgive me here. You see, when I set this whole thing up, I was pretty much on my way out the door to my regular Friday tennis matches down in Cottonwood Arizona. And so, THAT'S why it has taken me this long to deliver Hope's famous line in this flick. I've just now returned home.

(...tell ya what...NEXT time I promise my timing will be better...although of course, my tennis will ALWAYS come first...it's how I keep my endorphin levels up, ya know!) ;) 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

I am such a skeptic when it comes to ghosts and monsters and gypsy spells. BUT!!! I worked as a receptionist in a film library when I was in high school to earn some extra credits. The master of the household warned me about a ghost in the house. As i was typing and answering the phone (got to talk to Dick Foran), the film projector fell. I was doubling as a baby sitter at the time. I went out of the office to take care of the kid. When I came back, all the file cabinet drawers were open, when I know they had been closed. I don't know. There was always a chill in that office as well. 

Now that's scary!

Too bad you don't have a tape of it that you could submit to that new show on the Travel Channel called "Paranormal". Thanks, Janet!

17 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yeah yeah, I know. Five hours to deliver the punchline WAS a long time, and would be about four hours, fifty-nine minutes and forty-five seconds longer than even Jack Benny and after that look and long pause he always gave, would have waited to deliver one back in the day.

BUT, you'll have to forgive me here. You see, when I set this whole thing up, I was pretty much on my way out the door to my regular Friday tennis matches down in Cottonwood Arizona. And so, THAT'S why it has taken me this long to deliver Hope's famous line in this flick. I've just now returned home.

(...tell ya what...NEXT time I promise my timing will be better...although of course, my tennis will ALWAYS come first...it's how I keep my endorphin levels up, ya know!) ;) 

This is crapola, Dargo!

Not your post...or your inimitable humour [yes...that would be spelled with the essential second "u"] but the idea of you being a tennis addict.

For years, all we've heard is that you look like James Coburn, but now my image of you is of a youthful Humphrey Bogart, bounding into the TCM Lizard Lounge and shouting out the words "Tennis, anyone?" I just don't see Coburn looking right in his tennis togs.

Clean up this mess. Do you look more like Coburn or Bogie?

P.S. Did some research on if Bogart really said that line or something like it on stage, and the jury is still slightly out.

17 hours ago, Dargo said:

A little surprised here, Dargo. I always thought that if you had to choose between good physical health and a comedy punch line, you'd pick the latter.

It's like learning that Tony the Tiger would rather take in some sun and go swimming than eat a bowl of frosted flakes.