Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 6/12/2021 at 11:25 AM, Stallion said:

Dallas(shot to kill by Mary Crosby)

Next: Ward Bond

Uh uh uh......Dallas was a....sniff....tv show. This is about CINEMA!!!!!ūüėĀ¬†Lights! Camera! Action!

We are looking for A FILM where Larry Hagman bit the dust.

Ward Bond did not die in any episodes of WAGON TRAIN as I recall. ..but he died in several westerns....like RIO BRAVO (1959) and FORT APACHE (1948)

12 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

Uh uh uh......Dallas was a....sniff....tv show. This is about CINEMA!!!!!ūüėĀ¬†Lights! Camera! Action!

We are looking for A FILM where Larry Hagman bit the dust.

Ward Bond did not die in any episodes of WAGON TRAIN as I recall. ..but he died in several westerns....like RIO BRAVO (1959) and FORT APACHE (1948)

I know this is about movies, but I just threw that in there as J.R. being shot to kill is maybe the most memorable murder attempt in tv history.

I went back to the rules of Ward Bond as I know he was killed in a movie(Rio Bravo).

(I know the difference between tv shows and movies as I worked on hundreds of productions, including Dallas.)

8 hours ago, Stallion said:

I know this is about movies, but I just threw that in there as J.R. being shot to kill is maybe the most memorable murder attempt in tv history.

I went back to the rules of Ward Bond as I know he was killed in a movie(Rio Bravo).

(I know the difference between tv shows and movies as I worked on hundreds of productions, including Dallas.)

Relax...I was joking. At least Larry Hagman didn't die in I DREAM OF JEANNIE. 

We all get way too excited around here.

• Like 1
On 6/17/2021 at 1:07 PM, Terrence1 said:

The Bishop Murder Case

Next:   Jocelyn Brando

She played the wife of Glenn Ford in THE BIG HEAT (1953) and dies in a car bomb explosion.

Next: Ed Begley Sr.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:34 PM, MrMagoo said:

Next: Ed Begley Sr.

Committed suicide in Boomerang! (1947), Odds Against Tomorrow (1959), and Hang 'Em High (1968); drowned in Billion Dollar Brain (1968); killed offscreen in Tulsa (1949) and Dark City (1950)

Next:  Rex Ingram

50 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

Committed suicide in Boomerang! (1947), Odds Against Tomorrow (1959), and Hang 'Em High (1968); drowned in Billion Dollar Brain (1968); killed offscreen in Tulsa (1949) and Dark City (1950)

Next:  Rex Ingram

SAHARA (1943)

I recognized his picture but didn't know his name. 

Next: Luke Perry

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MrMagoo said:

Always interesting when an African-American actor was accorded a legitimate death scene in that era, which is one reason I chose it.  Ingram is probably most familiar from his larger-than-life roles as the genie in The Thief of Badgad (1940) and Lucifer Jr. in Cabin in the Sky (1943), as well as Jim in the Mickey Rooney version of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1939).  Ingram also died onscreen in Anna Lucasta (1959).

• Like 1
On 6/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, MrMagoo said:

SAHARA (1943)

Next: Luke Perry

Anybody willing to take a crack at a Luke Perry death scene? I think there were 3.

4 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

Anybody willing to take a crack at a Luke Perry death scene? I think there were 3.

8 Seconds (1994) dies of injuries after riding a bull 

next:  Alec Baldwin 

• Like 1

One of the many (who doesn't?) who gets shot in THE WILD BUNCH (1969). But I think his most memorable on screen death was in THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI (1957). Pivotal, climatic  scene.

Next: Pierce Brosnan

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Terrence1 said:

Magoo, can you give us a hint on this one?

Interestingly Brosnan has died in one form or another in several films.  The ones I recall for sure are a sci-fi spoof (the first movie we took my daughter to as a child) and another is a drama where he is shot from afar by a sniper. He dies in another where he plays the rare villain (I think he goes splat on the pavement). I don't really count the Bond flick where he dies (temporarily) and then revived (DIE ANOTHER DAY 2002).

The sci-fi spoof was Mars Attacks! (1996); the sniper was in Roman Polanski's The Ghost Writer (2010); the fall/splat was in Survivor (2015).

Next:  Jessica Tandy

• Like 1