Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheCid

2020 Election

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

9ef9972c3aacfc1b85e6097ebec53c3f-500-0-70-8-PW7SBWQB34I6VA2BZQ644UXH3Y.jpg

His ad was pathetic at very best.  To call it anything other than sad, spineless and pathetic toadying is being blind.  If they zoomed out you probably would have seen him on his knees wearing pads.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

9ef9972c3aacfc1b85e6097ebec53c3f-500-0-70-8-PW7SBWQB34I6VA2BZQ644UXH3Y.jpg

Totally pathetic.....

This ad reminds me of what a black man in Alabama could have sounded like in the early 60s during Jim Crow when a Klansman confronted him face to face

-- knocking him off the sidewalk-- 

demanding to know if he intended to register to vote.

* By the way, you don't see Roy Moore making an advert like this one. LOL

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Totally pathetic.....

This ad reminds me of what a black man in Alabama could have sounded like in the early 60s during Jim Crow when a Klansman confronted him face to face

-- knocking him off the sidewalk-- 

demanding to know if he intended to register to vote.

Pathetic as well as practical.     Sessions will be the GOP's candidate and should easily be able to defeat Dem incumbent Doug Jones (who only won because he was facing Roy Moore).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Totally pathetic.....

Roy Moore doesn't need to; Jeff Sessions does.  It is Alabama Republican politics for the Republican primary.  You may not like it, but it is not "pathetic" unless you suffer from TDS.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheCid said:

Roy Moore doesn't need to; Jeff Sessions does.  It is Alabama Republican politics for the Republican primary.  You may not like it, but it is not "pathetic" unless you suffer from TDS.

Is TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) reserved for those Trump supporters who have lost their moral compass and look the other way when their leader sexually abuses women, insults them, puts kids in cages, mocks the disabled and gold star families, tosses paper towels to hurricane victims and declares victory, says some Nazis are very fine people, Africa is a ****-hole nation, betrays his allies in Syria, watches television incessantly, is vile, cruel, vindictive and narcissistic and lies to the people he is supposed to be serving more than 13,000 times whilst in office?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DEFEAT OF THE DEMOCRATS

here is what's happening. an expedited house kangaroo conviction to get that outta the way then they concentrate on an unattainable senate conviction...

but here's the thing. they're already beaten.

released transcripts from secret hearings which lack the power and drama of the american people hearing it for themselves. smart.:) but what trump has really succeeded in doing is getting the democrat party desperate enough to abandon their own standards of fairness and open democracy in order to get him!

:D

they lie beaten and doan even know it.

Image result for clint eastwood for a few dollars more

20 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Is TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) reserved for those Trump supporters who have lost their moral compass and look the other way when their leader sexually abuses women, insults them, puts kids in cages, mocks the disabled and gold star families, tosses paper towels to hurricane victims and declares victory, says some Nazis are very fine people, Africa is a ****-hole nation, betrays his allies in Syria, watches television incessantly, is vile, cruel, vindictive and narcissistic and lies to the people he is supposed to be serving more than 13,000 times whilst in office?

TDS has been defined here before, but one more time.  It is a "syndrome" suffered by anti-Trump people.  Those people are "deranged" about Trump and anything he or anyone who supports him does.  They see only bad things no matter what these people or Trump do.

They are so biased against Trump that they are incapable of understanding the realities of American politics and government.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheCid said:

TDS has been defined here before, but one more time.  It is a "syndrome" suffered by anti-Trump people.  Those people are "deranged" about Trump and anything he or anyone who supports him does.  They see only bad things no matter what these people or Trump do.

They are so biased against Trump that they are incapable of understanding the realities of American politics and government.

Start listing the good things this deranged, mean-spirited hole has done.

I stand by my statement.  Anyone backing this piece of **** has seriously lost any moral compass.

Furthermore you use that term to belittle anyone who dares post a critique of Trump and that is why I bothered to respond.  You can have your opinion but so can we.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I stand by my statement.  Anyone backing this piece of **** has seriously lost any moral compass.

Furthermore you use that term to belittle anyone who dares post a critique of Trump and that is why I bothered to respond.  You can have your opinion but so can we.

I have never seen a post by TheCid in any way supportive of trump but he knows that the dems just can't go at him simply on the basis of sheer hateful emotionalism.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I have never seen a post by TheCid in any way supportive of trump but he knows that the dems just can't go at him simply on the basis of sheer hateful emotionalism.

I never said that he had.  My criticisms of Trump are not based on emotionalism but very sadly on the facts of his own presidency and complete moral repugnancy.  You hang on to him like an Emperor no matter what he does.  What is that all about?

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

This is a waste of my time, but I'll try again.  I was replying to your use of TDS phrase incorrectly.  I rarely use the descriptor, but in the post I originally used it in, it fits.

You (bogie) said: "you use that term [TDS] to belittle anyone who dares post a critique of Trump.  I have clicked on like or thanks or laugh icons many, many, many, many times where somebody critiqued Trump or one of his supporters.

Yes, we can all have our opinions but you and a couple of others frequently attack those who do not agree with you.

You [Bogie] said:  "Anyone backing this piece of **** [Trump] has seriously lost any moral compass."  TDS defined.  You cannot accept that "anyone" can be well intentioned and still support Trump or the Republican Party for that matter.   You cannot accept that anyone can be objective about Trump or his supporters.

My intent was to point out that in American politics, especially in Republican politics in the South, politicians are going to do certain things or lose.  The ad by Sessions was not as bad as some portrayed it as far as his relationship with Trump.  It is political reality in the American South.

Would you rather see Roy Moore as senator from Alabama? There would be a very good chance of that even though he lost last time.

22 minutes ago, TheCid said:

You [Bogie] said:  "Anyone backing this piece of **** [Trump] has seriously lost any moral compass."  TDS defined.  You cannot accept that "anyone" can be well intentioned and still support Trump or the Republican Party for that matter.   You cannot accept that anyone can be objective about Trump or his supporters.

You are dead right here.  There are no "well intentioned" Nazis just as there cannot be any "well intentioned" Trump supporters (not the GOP as you say).   If Donald Trump were the leader of a fascist country and not America his personality disorders would lead him to become a Stalinesque ogre.  That is plain to see.  He sees the Constitution as standing in his way.  He has no desire to serve the people.  He is not fit to lead America and his supporters are enablers of someone who is truly dangerous, self-serving and evil.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can begrudgingly forgive someone for holding their nose and voting for Trump in '16 because they didn't know any better and they really loathed Clinton (although if I managed to have a sense of who Trump is and how his presidency would turn out, I don't see why others could not). But anyone that still supports Trump at this point is as contemptible as Trump himself. Diagnose me with TDS if you wish. I would argue that those who continue to support him or apologize for him are the deranged ones, and/or have lost any claim to integrity or character in exchange for political expediency, and thus deserve as much scorn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

I can begrudgingly forgive someone for holding their nose and voting for Trump in '16 because they didn't know any better and they really loathed Clinton (although if I managed to have a sense of who Trump is and how his presidency would turn out, I don't see why others could not). But anyone that still supports Trump at this point is as contemptible as Trump himself. Diagnose me with TDS if you wish. I would argue that those who continue to support him or apologize for him are the deranged ones, and/or have lost any claim to integrity or character in exchange for political expediency, and thus deserve as much scorn.

Truly sorry you feel that way.  I was merely trying to explain the realities of American politics in my first post before Bogie attacked me for having an opinion different than his.

So, you and Bogie are saying everyone in the Republican Party are deranged, have no integrity or character and are contemptible?  In Bogie's case, they are Nazi's at their worst?  There are no good Republicans?

3 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Truly sorry you feel that way.  I was merely trying to explain the realities of American politics in my first post before Bogie attacked me for having an opinion different than his.

So, you and Bogie are saying everyone in the Republican Party are deranged, have no integrity or character and are contemptible?  In Bogie's case, they are Nazi's at their worst?  There are no good Republicans?

That's not what I said at all.  For starters, not every Republican is a Trump follower.  Anyway, I don't really care to get into this with you if that's okay.  All the best.

3 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I never said anything about Republicans. I said Trump and "Trump supporters". Not all Republicans are Trump supporters. 

27 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I never said anything about Republicans. I said Trump and "Trump supporters". Not all Republicans are Trump supporters. 

While there are Republicans who are not Trump supporters, the vast majority in elective office are.  In fact, I don't know of any who have said Trump needs to be removed from office or not nominated to run again.  I know some of them at the local and state level.  They support Trump in that he is the Republican who is president, whether they like him or not. 

This is what I was trying to get across.  Trump is the leader of the Republican Party as president.  Many elected officials are elected from states that are very Republican, so they are Trump supporters by default.  It is the system we have with 50 "sovereign" states. 

My original post way back to Princess was that it is wrong to criticize all Republicans as being weak if they have to officially support Trump or at least to not attack him.  I did not find Sessions ad all that demeaning to him.  It would be hard as a life-long Republican who endorsed Trump early on and served as his AG to now say, I didn't mean it - Trump is evil.  Much of the reason why Sessions left Washington is because he did stand up to Trump on some issues.  We'll never know how many.

ADENDUM:  Sessions has to win the Republican Primary in Alabama before he can actually run for the Senate seat.  It's politics and it is dirty, but that is the way it is in America.

4 minutes ago, TheCid said:

My original post way back to Princess was that it is wrong to criticize all Republicans as being weak if they have to officially support Trump or at least to not attack him.  I did not find Sessions ad all that demeaning to him.  It would be hard as a life-long Republican who endorsed Trump early on and served as his AG to now say, I didn't mean it - Trump is evil.  Much of the reason why Sessions left Washington is because he did stand up to Trump on some issues.  We'll never know how many.

I think the issue that makes Sessions' political ad merit contempt by some is that Trump personally insulted Sessions on the public stage, either at his rallies or via tweets, multiple times, referring to him as dumb and a rube, in effect (I don't recall the exact wording and don't feel like looking it up).  To be insulted and humiliated by Trump and then turn around and sing his praises strikes many people as pathetic. Perhaps those people are not the Republicans of Alabama that Sessions is targeting, but everyone's entitled to an opinion. As you say, that's politics in America.

Peter King, the longtime GOP congressman from New York, will retire,

joining a growing Republican exodus from the House before the 2020 election.

-'seeking more time w/grandkids' 
:rolleyes:
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Peter King, the longtime GOP congressman from New York, will retire,

joining a growing Republican exodus from the House before the 2020 election.

-'seeking more time w/grandkids' 
:rolleyes:

He won in 2018 with his smallest margin ever (6%);    The Seat might go Dem if they can field a sound candidate (verses who the Dems did run in 2018,  a newbie with no experience).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I think the issue that makes Sessions' political ad merit contempt by some is that Trump personally insulted Sessions on the public stage, either at his rallies or via tweets, multiple times, referring to him as dumb and a rube, in effect (I don't recall the exact wording and don't feel like looking it up).  To be insulted and humiliated by Trump and then turn around and sing his praises strikes many people as pathetic. Perhaps those people are not the Republicans of Alabama that Sessions is targeting, but everyone's entitled to an opinion. As you say, that's politics in America.

Contempt is a strong word but it does show the kind of spineless, weak **** he is. Trump is certainly very lucky to have men who kiss his **** like that.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

That's not what I said at all.  For starters, not every Republican is a Trump follower.  Anyway, I don't really care to get into this with you if that's okay.  All the best.

he's the closest thing we've ever had to Dr. Smith as president.

it's fun!

:)

"step in line, boobies"

Image result for dr. smith lost in space

• Sad 1