Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheCid

2020 Election

6 hours ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Is there a point to this post?

6 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Is there a point to this post?

Isn't Gabbard still a candidate?   Anyhow,  I watch this and Tulsi came off very well while Joy,,, well she looked like the Hillary-never-did-anything-wrong type of phony she is.

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Isn't Gabbard still a candidate?   Anyhow,  I watch this and Tulsi came off very well while Joy,,, well she looked like the Hillary-never-did-anything-wrong type of phony she is.

I dislike having to click on a film clip to find out about the point of it being posted.  The description was too brief in my opinion.

Sorry,you and others may not agree, but that is how I feel about all the clips that just posted.

29 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I dislike having to click on a film clip to find out about the point of it being posted.  The description was too brief in my opinion.

Sorry,you and others may not agree, but that is how I feel about all the clips that just posted.

No need to be sorry because I feel the same way and only opened this clip because of your post.

So yea,  I would like to see some type of description,  posted by the user, related to a clip that puts said clip in context related to the thread.     The "description" that comes along with the clip often don't do that (which clearly was the case here).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Probably a little early, but the GOP convention is in Aug. 2020 in Charlotte NC.  Plenty of time for Trump to rant and rave and then bow out and retire to Mar-a-Lago laughing.  Leaving room for a Pence-Haley team or maybe even a Haley-???? team.

This video contains subject matter pertaining to one of the 2020 Presidential Democratic contenders. 
The field of major Democratic presidential candidates in the 2020 election peaked at more than two dozen. As of November 24, 2019, 18 major candidates are seeking the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020. The October 15, 2019, Democratic presidential debate in Westerville, Ohio, featured 12 candidates, setting a record for the highest number of candidates in one presidential debate.

Breaking news: A federal judge declined a GOP request to

stop the creation of an independent redistricting commission in Michigan:
  • Thanks 1

What is the situation with Rep. Jim (shirt sleeves) Jordan's district in Ohio?  I understand it was very heavily gerrymandered to protect him.

3 minutes ago, TheCid said:

What is the situation with Rep. Jim (shirt sleeves) Jordan's district in Ohio?  I understand it was very heavily gerrymandered to protect him.

He got 65% of the vote in the last election.  But now a popular Republican is going to run against him as an independent so his vote may be diluted.  

But what do i know.  I'm not living in America at the moment.

21 minutes ago, TheCid said:

The below is an article about Jordan's and a Dem's districts in Ohio.  The gerrymandering secured Jordan's as a GOP district by taking the Dem voters and placing them in Kaptur's.  Apparently there is an ongoing court case over whether the gerrymandered districts are legal.

Ohio's worst gerrymanders

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2019/05/readers-say-marcy-kaptur-jim-jordan-have-ohios-worst-gerrymandered-congressional-districts.html

21 hours ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Why should I watch this video?  A brief explanation of who Alyssa M is and how her opinion really matters would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I do appreciate your posting on the thread that I created.

• Haha 1

She's an actress. She appears on Cuomo's show occasionally and is well-informed and

fairly articulate. Of course there's no contradiction between outlining your policy and

pointing out what a total dirtbag Donny is.

• Like 1

Apparently Biden is going to work harder for Iowa votes.  His team looks back at the 2004 John Kerry v. John Dean caucus battles.  Dean (a New Englander) had a lot of support from progressives, but then Kerry won Iowa and the Dem nomination.

Also, The GOPers are particularly targeting the Dem House districts that Trump won in 2016 and those with freshman Dem Reps.  Impeachment controversy may be enough to swing the independents back into the GOP column.  One district is Joe Cunningham's in coastal S.C.   The GOP ads feature Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Adam Schiff.  (I warned about this months ago).

It is probable that the Senate will remain at 53-47 with the Dems picking up Colorado (Cory Gardner) and losing Alabama (Doug Jones).

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

Also, The GOPers are particularly targeting the Dem House districts that Trump won in 2016 and those with freshman Dem Reps.  Impeachment controversy may be enough to swing the independents back into the GOP column.  One district is Joe Cunningham's in coastal S.C. 

I wonder how many districts are there like that (Trump won but so did a Dem newbie);   All the Dem newbies that beat GOP incumbents in CA were in districts that Trump lost, and currently are being projected to retain their seat (since anti-Trump feelings are much stronger here in CA,  today, than they were in 2016).

Even the Katie Hill seat is being projected to be retained by a Dem (the GOP candidate would have to go very-anti-Trump which of course is a double-edged sword).

17 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I wonder how many districts are there like that (Trump won but so did a Dem newbie);   All the Dem newbies that beat GOP incumbents in CA were in districts that Trump lost, and currently are being projected to retain their seat (since anti-Trump feelings are much stronger here in CA,  today, than they were in 2016).

Even the Katie Hill seat is being projected to be retained by a Dem (the GOP candidate would have to go very-anti-Trump which of course is a double-edged sword).

There appear to be 31 districts that Trump won and a Dem holds the House seat.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/434113-the-31-trump-districts-that-will-determine-the-next-house-majority

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheCid said:

There appear to be 31 districts that Trump won and a Dem holds the House seat.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/434113-the-31-trump-districts-that-will-determine-the-next-house-majority

None in CA like I suspected.       It would be interesting to know what Trump's approval rating is in each of these 31 districts.     While approval rating is NOT a very sound predictor,  it might be the only gauge there is at this time.  (since a Dem House candidate versus GOP House candidate in a head-to-head poll can't be done until after the primaries).

S.C.'s Nikki Haley and Gov McMaster are the co-leaders of Trump's S.C. re-election campaign.  Most other elected GOPers have signed on in some manner.  

While this is not really significant in deep red S.C. (Clinton got only 41% of the vote in '16), it primarily shows another move by Haley to project herself to the top of the GOPer candidates for 2024.  Afters resigning from UN, she was going to stay in NYC until kids finished school.  But, she is already back living in an upscale golf community near Charleston, S.C. 

It also shows that she is still in Trump's good graces.

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

S.C.'s Nikki Haley and Gov McMaster are the co-leaders of Trump's S.C. re-election campaign.  Most other elected GOPers have signed on in some manner.  

While this is not really significant in deep red S.C. (Clinton got only 41% of the vote in '16), it primarily shows another move by Haley to project herself to the top of the GOPer candidates for 2024.  Afters resigning from UN, she was going to stay in NYC until kids finished school.  But, she is already back living in an upscale golf community near Charleston, S.C. 

It also shows that she is still in Trump's good graces.

Haley would be wise to move to Florida,  Ohio, or some other battleground state.     No GOPer is going to win NY and as you note SC is already in their bag.

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Haley would be wise to move to Florida,  Ohio, or some other battleground state.     No GOPer is going to win NY and as you note SC is already in their bag.

May have confused you.  Haley is going to run for president in 2024 so not sure what good living in NY would do her.  It is not about helping the GOP, as much as it is about helping Haley.

59 minutes ago, TheCid said:

May have confused you.  Haley is going to run for president in 2024 so not sure what good living in NY would do her.  It is not about helping the GOP, as much as it is about helping Haley.

I understood you.   Being a residence of a state can help one win that state in the election for President (Ok, it didn't help Gore in TN,  which as you may recall was pointed out by GWB supporters when the SC gave Florida, and thus the election to Bush).

This is why I mentioned Florida;  Haley moves to Florida in 2020.  That means by 2024 she has lived in the state over 3 years and that might be enough to pull the state in her favor in 2024.

Of course another option is to do what Hillary Clinton did; move to a state,  become the Senator, and then run for President.     Wouldn't work for Haley in Florida since she would have to beat two very popular GOP Senators in the GOP primary, in Scott and Rubio (assuming Rubio run for re-election in 2022 stead of waiting to run for President, yet again, in 2024).  

Anyhow, I'm sure there are other battleground states where Haley could try this carpetbagger type stunt.  Note: I only use the term carpetbagger since that is what many said Hillary was doing with moving to NY.

• Like 1