Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheCid

2020 Election

Anyone remotely interested in election interference in the 2020 .... yes 2020 election should watch this.  Extraordinary reporting.

• Thanks 1

Here’s an idea. Why not hold House hearings on what every American should watch for and be on guard against
in terms of how Russia or any other foreign actor tries to influence our election?

Or maybe a network do a one hour special?

No one knows what meddling means.

giphy.gif
  • Like 1

Early returns show Bernie Sanders leading Nevada's presidential caucuses
as the fiery progressive pushes for a second straight victory.

Behind him are a half-dozen more moderate candidates fighting to become the preferred Sanders alternative.

Caucuses still confuse me.  As I understand it, the caucuses elect delegates from each county who then get together and elect the delegates to national convention.  And nobody knows the final tally of county votes yet, much less the state delegate count.

13 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Biden declares himself back in race after 2nd place Nevada finish

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/nation-world/joe-biden-in-nevada-were-alive-and-were-coming-back/507-c41a5336-4ca4-40da-9f33-ff4f9d83b259

Goodness never seen anybody so happy after losing. :lol:

0f3e63a2-3fac-460f-b1fc-65e849877999_750

This is still early in the primary season. To be one of the top two contenders is viable and how it's usually fought out.

Unlike the Republican Party, the Democratic party has a multi-generational, multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi gender face of people who probably weren't all that well represented in the first two races that were held.

That's something that Republican voters have to be reminded of.

We have a diversified country and we have always had a diversified country.

And the Democratic party is the only party that represents the majority of Americans.

According to a lady on Fareed Zakaria, millennials only come out to vote for someone that they "love."  If they don't feel that, they don't come out.

Democrats surely need that vote in order to defeat Donald Trump.  

While polling is dubious this early, CBS News did one on who people think will win in November.  65% believe Trump will win.   90% of GOPers believe it as did 33% of Democrats.  This is significant because GOPers will vote and many Dem groups won't if their candidate is not on the ticket.

As always, the race will primarily be determined by two factors.   Which side appeals most to the independents and moderate Republicans in the contested states (the ones Trump won last time).  And whether or not the multiple Dem leaning groups actually vote for a Dem.  There may be some moderate Dems who will either not vote or will actually vote for Trump - the evil you know vs. the one you don't (Sanders).

9 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

This is still early in the primary season. To be one of the top two contenders is viable and how it's usually fought out.

Unlike the Republican Party, the Democratic party has a multi-generational, multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi gender face of people who probably weren't all that well represented in the first two races that were held.

That's something that Republican voters have to be reminded of.

We have a diversified country and we have always had a diversified country.

And the Democratic party is the only party that represents the majority of Americans.

And if they had united behind Hillary Clinton in 2016, Trump would not be president.  The Dem Party is getting worse and worse at not being a political party,but being a gaggle of sub-groups who dislike each other and cannot get organized.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

And if they had united behind Hillary Clinton in 2016, Trump would not be president.  The Dem Party is getting worse and worse at not being a political party,but being a gaggle of sub-groups who dislike each other and cannot get organized.

You are certainly helping that along.  You could be saying you will get behind whoever the democrats nominate but I haven't heard that.  And you cannot put the blame for a candidate that you personally do not like being ahead on any posters here.   There is a reason people are voting for that person which you are ignoring or simply do not like.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

4:21 AM · Feb 24, 2020·SocialFlow

Thanks to trump, the Republican party is now the anti- Latino party.

trump dehumanized the Mexican and Mexican American people, he has been unfair to American Puerto Ricans in terms of their disaster relief, and his Administration has physically and psychologically mistreated Central American Latino migrants, unfortunately including many children.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Thanks to trump, the Republican party is now the anti- Latino party.

trump dehumanized the Mexican and Mexican American people, he has been unfair to American Puerto Ricans in terms of their disaster relief, and his Administration has physically and psychologically mistreated Central American Latino migrants, unfortunately including many children.

Will Latino voters come out and vote for Bloomberg?   A gay man like Mayor Pete?   A women candidate?

So far they have only shown support for Sanders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Will Latino voters come out and vote for Bloomberg?   A gay man like Mayor Pete?   A women candidate?

So far they have only shown support for Sanders.

I don't know. I'm not Latino.

But I have to tell you, that a demographic or individuals from any demographic have a right to support or vote for whichever candidate appeals to them. That's their right and that's their freedom.

As American citizens, we even have the freedom not to vote at all.

9 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

But I have to tell you, that a demographic or individuals from any demographic have a right to support or vote for whichever candidate appeals to them. That's their right and that's their freedom.

Yes,   Latinos have the same rights as white males to not vote for gays and women or like Latinos do often here in CA,   not vote at all.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yes,   Latinos have the same rights as white males to not vote for gays and women or like Latinos do often here in CA,   not vote at all.

I don't like to stereotype groups of people or to imply that they all think the same way. 

Americans are always allowed to be individuals.

The Mexican American people that I help tend to show up to vote like any other group of people that I'm familiar with.

I've been a poll worker for over 15 years and as far as I've noticed they show up to vote in the precincts where they live.

I don't have any knowledge or proof that they are particularly prejudice against women holding office or against gay people.

31 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't like to stereotype groups of people or to imply that they all think the same way. 

Quite right. I've heard recently that Trump has a surprising -- and growing -- number of Latino supporters. 

I'm also afraid that, just as many Democrats voted for Trump because they didn't like Hillary, many Democrats in 2020 will vote for Trump because they don't like Sanders. At least Hillary got the popular vote, which may not be worth much apart from talking points. I doubt that Bernie will even get that.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

As James pointed out it is not about an ethnic or other grouping, but actually showing up to vote.  The lack of African-Americans voting in S.C. politics is one of the things that keeps the GOPers in control-and voter suppression is not the main thing keeping them away.

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Mexican American people that I help tend to show up to vote like any other group of people that I'm familiar with.

I've been a poll worker for over 15 years and as far as I've noticed they show up to vote in the precincts where they live.

I don't have any knowledge or proof that they are particularly prejudice against women holding office or against gay people.

Uh,    did you forget that it was you that posted this "Thanks to trump, the Republican party is now the anti- Latino party.".

24 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Uh,    did you forget that it was you that posted this "Thanks to trump, the Republican party is now the anti- Latino party.".

Also I can say that trump and his party have an equal hatred for black Americans, Muslim Americans, Progressive women and just about any group that is not part of his base or the 1% billionaires.

The Republican party is supported by white supremacists, neo-nazis, neo- confederates and every other extreme right-wing bigot that you can find along the fringes.

Now many such individuals run for office Under the Umbrella of the Republican Party.

True, trump didn't start this trend. It started a long time ago with Barry Goldwater and gained steam underneath Gingrich.

But trump is The birther Who  brought it to fruition --

Who brought it out into the public into the Forefront and he certainly deserves the credit for it.

27 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Also I can say that trump and his party have an equal hatred for black Americans, Muslim Americans, Progressive women and just about any group that is not part of his base or the 1% billionaires.

The Republican party is supported by white supremacists, neo-nazis, neo- confederates and every other extreme right-wing bigot that you can find along the fringes.

Now many such individuals run for office Under the Umbrella of the Republican Party.

True, trump didn't start this trend. It started a long time ago with Barry Goldwater and gained steam underneath Gingrich.

But trump is The birther Who  brought it to fruition --

Who brought it out into the public into the Forefront and he certainly deserves the credit for it.

Again,   you posted this: I don't like to stereotype groups of people or to imply that they all think the same way. 

Sounds like BS since it appears you love to stereotype groups of people and imply that they all think the same way,  when they are Republicans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1