Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

unsung lowlife

NipkowDisc

anybody mention this character? chester (Neville brand) from D.O.A. so misunderstood but the kindly mr. mayfack (luther adler) gives him employment.

:D

Image result for neville brand DOA

"I offed alotta guys I coulda liked but I'm gonna give it to you good, Bigelow, in the belly so you can enjoy it nice and slow."

Image result for neville brand DOA

• Like 1

I mentioned Chester and his employment on the noir alley thread a few days back.    My point was that no gangster boss would hire a psycho like Chester because Chester isn't reliable;   E.g.  the boss only wants to get info from someone and asks Chester to use some violence to do so;  Chester is so sadistic, he kills the person.    Now the boss is involved in a murder - not wise.

Chester is a very interesting noir figure,  but he isn't realistic.    Instead a mob boss would be better served by having someone like Joe Stefanos,  from Out of the Past,  do his dirty work.    Joe was cool and calm.  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings