Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

William J. Creber (1931-2019)

Defenestrator

Mourning the production designer who created so many of my most treasured movie and TV moments. William J. Creber leaves us at age 87, having been Oscar-nominated for "The Greatest Story Ever Told," "The Poseidon Adventure" and "The Towering Inferno" and also having created the incredible sets of the first three "Planet of the Apes" movies and being one of the major reasons that the Irwin Allen shows "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" and "The Time Tunnel" were so memorable to me growing up. I remember when "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" premiered on CBS, TV Guide ran a story of William's incredible creation of the destroyed New York City located underground in the Apes' Forbidden Zone. He had followed in the impressive footsteps of his father Lewis H. Creber, whose long art direction/set decoration film career culminated in the "Perry Mason" and "Peyton Place" TV series of the sixties. Their legacy continues to the next generation and his Emmy-winning son Kenneth Creber. What a proud legacy it is.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/william-j-creber-dead-dies-planet-of-the-apes-1203161852/

• Thanks 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings