Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

e honest is there any grandesrt St. paterick's Day movie then *Ford's THE QUIET MAN?

spence

Not certain If I always posted this fun & something trivia fan fans for you fellow TCM-TIMES or so, but here it goes-(PLEASE KE NOW?)   & it yet another AFI-com massive poll & survey for 2008 The American Film Institute-(EST: 1967) With AMPAS chairman *Gregory Peck (l9l6-2003), conducted another huge poll of whats called  AFI'S !0 FOR 10)  Now this other survey was confused for 2006, though this one was not television like the first two)  Franklin' I'm surisingsley more cooperatrive given here though & even more asinine it's 2006 "AFI's 100years of Movies Movies (The other laterer 2007 Revised survey of the all-time greatest pictures all was forgotten as well, & *J. Williams 2006 "A Night at the Music" (By *J. Williams at THE Hollywood Bowl)   So keep young movie lovin' fans out there for more of the same in (TRIVIA: *Oscar winner Gregory Peck-(l9l6-2003) was it's first chairman In 1967 when it was established) (TRIVIA: The legendary s actor & 5 time ACADEMY nominated & won Best Actor Gold for 1962's superb To Kill a Mockingbird" (U-I) 

So, here goes & all only devided into each top ten film genres>(only ten limited to ten overall)> (* always indcates aqn ACADEMY (AMPAS) WINNER/OSWCARS)  (compiled from over 2008) movie buffs & fans! & OF COUTSE AFI's !) TEN IN EACH GENRE!)?                            (10 for 10)

(ANIMATION):

1st place Wizard 0f Oz (l939-M-G-M/Selznick)  2. Pinocchio(l940-Walt Disney RKO),   3rd Bambi (l942-WB), 4.  (l942) (Disney/RKO), 5th Lion King (l994-Walt Disney), 6, Fantasia (l940-Disney/RKO), 6 Toy Story (l995) (Pixar/Disney), 7th Beauty and the Beast: (l997l) (Walt Disney), 7th place Beauty and the Beast (l991) (Walt Disney), 8th Shrek (2001) DW), 9th Cinderella Man" l951) (Disney/RKO)  10th all-time favorite ndle walt prodictions  

ROMANTIC COMEDY:

1st place & in my voting too 1931's City Lights (l931-UA), 2nd *Annie Hall" (l977), 3rd place in the voting resulults voltage 4th *It Happened One Night (l934-Columbia),  6 th 

1st City Lights (l931-UA)-(NOTE: Along with Kane, GFI &  my A #1 of all-time!, buy a flip of a con thoghh barvely over the legendary *Casablanca" (l943) warner Bros.) & it's legendary legedary final Casablanca (l943-Warner Bros.))

WESTERNS:

1st place The Searchers (l956-(MGM)

SPORTS:

Raging Bull (l980)

MYSTERY:

Vertigo (Paramount Pictures)

FANTASY:

Wizard of 0z (M-G-M)

SCI-FI:

2001: A Space 0ddysey (l968-UK)

GANGSTERS:

*The Godfather, Part I" (l972)-

COURTROOM DRAMA:

To Kill a Monkingbird (l962-U=I)

A WORK IN PROGRESS, SO PLEASE BAER WITH ME HUGH

Becauswe there are again (10 for 10) in each classic general!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings