Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Modern-ish funny martial arts film?

Kay

Hi there. Long time, no see.  So I saw the climactic fight scene to this film on TV some time ago, on the station A&E if you must know, and didn't have the wherewithal at the time to find out what it was, so here I am wondering. Anyhoo, if you know your martial arts films this should be easy, (easier than seems to be to google keywords:)

This fight scene had a lot of comical elements to it, with mostly real stunts being performed, not like "Kung Fu Hustle" cartoon comedy, except for some silliness where one of the fellas drinks gasoline and starts breathing fire on his opponent. I hope that's a big enough clue, 'cause it's about all I've got to give you. I also remember one of them being knocked onto a bed of coals and hopping across it in crab-walk pose. The whole thing was pretty tongue-in-cheek.

I don't think I heard any dialogue while I was watching but I feel it was probably dubbed. It was pretty recent looking, no older than the 1990's, I bet.

Well, thanks for clicking.

Thank you for guessing at it. None of these films really look like the one I saw, with the possible exception of The Spiritual Boxer, but I'm doubtful this is it, either. I can't be sure unless I can view some of the film, tho. I don't recognize the actors in it, either. I recall, I think, a mildly chubby guy dressed in tan (who drank the gasoline) fighting a more slender fellow dressed in black. Couldn't figure which of them was the villain, if either of them. The film ended right after the fight scene. Also don't recall who won, (if either.)

I suppose none of that really helps, but y'know...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings