Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Mueller submits Russia report

10 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

It is clear now that disingenuous Barr plans to release a heavily redacted version of the Mueller report to the trusting public while not giving the full report to Congress for their oversight even though they are entitled to it.

Is there any doubt that Barr is a stooge for Trump and the GOP who have lost any sense of oversight.

What happened to patience?    

59 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What happened to patience?    

Patience in terms of not rushing to a conclusion about the content of the Mueller report is entirely different than having patience, or lack thereof with obstructionists bent on a cover up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pelosi: Barr is ‘going off the rails’...

“He is not the attorney general of Donald Trump. He is the attorney general of the United States,”

Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Wednesday that Attorney General William Barr was “going off the rails,” citing his public testimony over the past two days that appeared to support President Donald Trump’s claims that his campaign was spied on by the intelligence community in 2016.

“How very, very dismaying and disappointing that the chief law enforcement officer of our country is going off the rails,...

Pelosi characterized Barr’s actions as an “obstruction of giving the truth to the American people.”

She said she had seen no information to suggest inappropriate activity by the nation’s intelligence community against the Trump campaign. Pelosi also expressed dismay at what she said was the insufficient focus of the Justice Department on preventing foreign interference in the next election. ...

“He is not the attorney general of Donald Trump. He is the attorney general of the United States,” Pelosi told The AP. “I don’t trust Barr. I trust Mueller.” ......

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/10/pelosi-trusts-mueller-not-barr-1266984

Redacted Mueller report expected release Thursday morning: DOJ

The Justice Department expects to publicly release the redacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Thursday morning, a Justice Department spokeswoman said on Monday.

Anticipation of the report, which is expected to run nearly 400 pages long, has reached a fever pitch since Mueller sent his report to Attorney General William Barr on March 22 following an almost two-year-long investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Two days after receiving the report, Barr sent a letter to Congress describing what he said were the special counsel's “principal conclusions." In that letter, Barr wrote that Mueller found no evidence that members of the Trump campaign “conspired or colluded with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” but he did not come to a conclusion about whether President Donald Trump had obstructed justice. Barr subsequently took it upon himself to decide the question, concluding that Trump had not obstructed justice.

1 hour ago, MovieMadness said:

Redacted Mueller report expected release Thursday morning: DOJ

The Justice Department expects to publicly release the redacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Thursday morning, a Justice Department spokeswoman said on Monday.

Anticipation of the report, which is expected to run nearly 400 pages long, has reached a fever pitch since Mueller sent his report to Attorney General William Barr on March 22 following an almost two-year-long investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Two days after receiving the report, Barr sent a letter to Congress describing what he said were the special counsel's “principal conclusions." In that letter, Barr wrote that Mueller found no evidence that members of the Trump campaign “conspired or colluded with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” but he did not come to a conclusion about whether President Donald Trump had obstructed justice. Barr subsequently took it upon himself to decide the question, concluding that Trump had not obstructed justice.

Rumor is that release of the Mueller report will be delayed due to climate change.

Barr’s Playbook:

He Misled Congress When Omitting Parts of Justice Dep’t Memo in 1989 -

"......When Barr withheld the full OLC opinion in 1989 and said to trust his summary of the principal conclusions, Yale law school professor Harold Koh wrote that Barr’s position was “particularly egregious.” Congress also had no appetite for Barr’s stance, and eventually issued a subpoena to successfully wrench the full OLC opinion out of the Department.

What’s different from that struggle and the current struggle over the Mueller report is that we know how the one in 1989 eventually turned out.

When the OLC opinion was finally made public long after Barr left office,

it was clear that Barr’s summary had failed to fully disclose the opinion’s principal conclusions......

What’s relevant is that Barr represented to Congress in his written and oral testimony that the OLC opinion did not address these legal issues, even though it did.

In the final analysis, Barr’s efforts in 1989 did not serve the Justice Department well. He had long left government service when the OLC opinion was finally made public.

The true content of the opinion, given what Barr told the American people and testified before Congress, remains much to the discredit of the Attorney General."

https://www.justsecurity.org/63635/barrs-playbook-he-misled-congress-when-omitting-parts-of-justice-dept-memo-in-1989/

<_<

25 subplots to watch in the Mueller Investigation

"....... With just hours to go before the report is released, we’ve compiled a handy compendium to get you up to speed on the intertwined storylines, subplots and characters that could show up in the report. ...

ACT I: five subplots

Trump at the center of it all

As most things do, it starts and ends with the president

ACT II: four subplots

The Democrats get hacked

The crime that started it all

ACT III: four subplots

How the Russia probe started

Not just the Steele Dossier

ACT IV: eight subplots

Trump’s team talks to Russians

Despite initial denials, they definitely chatted.

ACT V: four subplots

Influence buying

The Emiratis and Saudis are also under scrutiny.

"& If Mueller doesn’t detail any findings about Trump’s interactions with Deutsche Bank, Democrats are poised to conduct their own investigation.

see all: https://www.politico.com/interactives/2019/the-mueller-probe-subplots/

• Thanks 1

I see that the Trump supporters are desperately trying to bury the Mueller report.

And who says collusion is the bottom line? A Trump sycophant?

Obstruction of justice is key, too, and Mueller's report highlights ten (TEN!) instances in which Trump's behaviour can be seen to have crossed the line. A President can't be charged with having broken the law, and Mueller decided to respect that tradition. He leaves the issue for Congress to decide about the ethics/actions performed by Trump on obstruction of justice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly the Mueller report provides solid evidence that Trump abused the power of the office and has zero respect for the Constitution.     Since there isn't enough GOP Senators that are willing to risk their political career to vote YES for an impeachment conviction,   hopefully the findings will convince enough voters,  especially in those battleground states,  to not vote for Trump in 2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Clearly the Mueller report provides solid evidence that Trump abused the power of the office and has zero respect for the Constitution.   

I'm curious as to whether any of our resident Trump supporters feel that way. If so, will that change their support of Trump, and if not, why? Is it a question of the ends justifying the means, partisan loyalty, both, or neither?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Andrea ChalupaVerified account @AndreaChalupa 1h1 hour ago

Mueller punted to Congress

and now Dems like @SpeakerPelosi, @RepJerryNadler, @RepSwalwell, @LeaderHoyer are punting to the American people.

Given how corrupt the #MuellerReport confirmed Trump is, and Barr acting like Roy Cohn,

what if the election is again stolen? #ImpeachTrump

=======================================

Dana BashVerified account @DanaBashCNN

House Majority @LeaderHoyer just told me :

“Based on what we have seen to date, going forward on impeachment is not worthwhile at this point. Very frankly, there is an election in 18 months and the American people will make a judgement,”

==================================================

Andrea ChalupaVerified account @AndreaChalupa 45m45 minutes ago

.@RepJeffries CNN article: blue wave voted for impeachment.

The grassroots Dems rely on to win elections are overburdened fighting to save health care, help immigrants, etc etc.

Don't put it on us to also #ImpeachTrump with our votes in 2020.

Do your job!

So, Trump supporters, with Mueller saying there were ten or eleven instances of Trump crossing the obstruction of justice line (at least, a strong case being made for it) and White House underlings testifying that they ignored the more outrageous requests of the President, such as firing Bob Mueller, what do you say about your President now?

And JR, posting a laughing emoticon, as you have done on a number of comments, doesn't qualify as an answer.

3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I'm curious as to whether any of our resident Trump supporters feel that way. If so, will that change their support of Trump, and if not, why? Is it a question of the ends justifying the means, partisan loyalty, both, or neither?

Well one can assume JR33928 doesn't since he 'laughed' at my post. 

Frankly the findings match to a 'T' what I suspected all along, so I'm not surprised by anything in the report.

As for the Trump supporters here:  my guess is that none of this will change any of their minds;  they will be voting for Trump,  period.   

But I do wonder about Cid;  Cid said he would vote for Trump if the Dem nominee is what he calls a far-left Dem;  E.g. if the Dem nominee supports Medicare for All,  the green-deal,  etc... he is voting for Trump? 

Did this move that needle? 

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Andrea ChalupaVerified account @AndreaChalupa 1h1 hour ago

Mueller punted to Congress

and now Dems like @SpeakerPelosi, @RepJerryNadler, @RepSwalwell, @LeaderHoyer are punting to the American people.

Given how corrupt the #MuellerReport confirmed Trump is, and Barr acting like Roy Cohn,

what if the election is again stolen? #ImpeachTrump

=======================================

Dana BashVerified account @DanaBashCNN

House Majority @LeaderHoyer just told me :

“Based on what we have seen to date, going forward on impeachment is not worthwhile at this point. Very frankly, there is an election in 18 months and the American people will make a judgement,”

==================================================

Andrea ChalupaVerified account @AndreaChalupa 45m45 minutes ago

.@RepJeffries CNN article: blue wave voted for impeachment.

The grassroots Dems rely on to win elections are overburdened fighting to save health care, help immigrants, etc etc.

Don't put it on us to also #ImpeachTrump with our votes in 2020.

Do your job!

LOL. Good luck on that. No one has the b-lls. They're afraid of the blowback after Bill was impeached.......

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-report-trump-said-im-****-after-special-counsels-appointment

Trump Said ‘I’m ****’ After Special Counsel’s Appointment: Mueller Report

President Trump has long claimed that he had nothing to fear from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation—but according to an anecdote in the report, he was terrified when he found out Mueller was appointed. When former Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Trump that Mueller had been appointed on May 17, 2017, Trump reportedly responded, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m ****,” before ripping into Sessions for recusing himself from the investigation. Sessions allegedly recalled that Trump said something in the vein of “you were supposed to protect me,” before adding that “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

• Thanks 1

There is a lot of damaging info related to Trump in the redacted Mueller Report;  So what is CNN doing;  speculating about what is redacted.    Erin Burnett shows a part of the report that is 95% blacked out,  mentions two of the parts that are not redacted (related to Mueller passing evidence on Cohen to the NY AG),  and ask;  what does that say about the those redacted sections?????    Then guest come on to speculate about that.

What total clowns;   The report makes clear Trump is an immature,  unprofessional,  unstable a-hole.  No need to speculate on that.      But I guess what is clear in the redacted report still isn't enough for CNN to get over TDS.

PBS NewsHourVerified account @NewsHour 1m1 minute ago

“One of the most tantalizing parts of this report was in the appendix.

It said special counsel Mueller and his team had referred 14 cases to other prosecutors,” reports @johnson_carrie

------------------------------------------------

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 5m5 minutes ago

364/ Trump is facing *twenty* pending federal and state investigations, including counterintelligence investigations, and many focus on his transition—

see: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1119049073410158601