• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Mueller submits Russia report

2 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

IMPEACH slowly, drag the repubs down with Twump practice

凌遲 - Death by a thousand cuts.....

dSnxnrp.jpg

Just another opinion and one even the Trump haters on CNN don't agree with.

The basis view I've been seeing is to NOT impeach at all but if the Dems are going to impeach do it quickly so that it ends before the end of the year;   the view was that dragging it out would hurt Dems the most politically.

Hey,  those are just opinions also,   but I believe they are driven by logic while your opinion is driven by your hate.

3 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Maybe so, but did you predict that Twump would win?

No I didn't think Trump would win.    Yea,  my prediction are often incorrect.  So what.

What I want in 2020 is for Trump to be defeated.   I believe a long drawn out failed impeachment attempt only helps Trump.    I could be wrong again.      Either way,   Pelosi gets it which is why she issued that statement.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

No I didn't think Trump would win.    Yea,  my prediction are often incorrect.  So what.

What I want in 2020 is for Trump to be defeated.   I believe a long drawn out failed impeachment attempt only helps Trump.    I could be wrong again.      Either way,   Pelosi gets it which is why she issued that statement.

From where I'm sitting (10 miles from Woodstock, N.Y.) people are breakin' out the pitchforks and lightin' the torches. :D

15 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

From where I'm sitting (10 miles from Woodstock, N.Y.) people are breakin' out the pitchforks and lightin' the torches. :D

Yeah, but you're in NY, just as James is in California. Your states are going Blue regardless of who the candidate is. I'm in Florida, one of the true battleground states, and from what I've seen/heard, any Dem candidate has a tough road ahead to beat Trump here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, but you're in NY, just as James is in California. Your states are going Blue regardless of who the candidate is. I'm in Florida, one of the true battleground states, and from what I've seen/heard, any Dem candidate has a tough road ahead to beat Trump here.

Florida will once again be a key state if not THE key state:   So Larry,  what vibe are you getting as it relates to impeachment?    Should the Dems push it even though the Senate will never get to 2\3 or should the Dems just move on,   hoping that there is enough in the Mueller report that will  taint the view of Trump as it relates to moderates,  independents and those that voted for Trump because they hated all thing Clinton?

Also if the Dems go with someone perceived as being too-far-left,   that will hurt in purple Florida.    

Of course Trump has been damaged (duh),   but as you say it will still be a tough road for any Dem to beat Trump in states like Florida.

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Florida will once again be a key state if not THE key state:   So Larry,  what vibe are you getting as it relates to impeachment?    Should the Dems push it even though the Senate will never get to 2\3 or should the Dems just move on,   hoping that there is enough in the Mueller report that will  taint the view of Trump as it relates to moderates,  independents and those that voted for Trump because they hated all thing Clinton?

Also if the Dems go with someone perceived as being too-far-left,   that will hurt in purple Florida.    

Of course Trump has been damaged (duh),   but as you say it will still be a tough road for any Dem to beat Trump in states like Florida.

I don't think impeachment will gain much favor here, especially in my deep-red part of the state. If anything, the proposal that the House formally censure Trump (basically a symbolic public chastisement that would be embarrassing but carry no real punitive measures) would likely be accepted.

I know Cid says that impeachment hearings would turn off a lot of independents, but as an independent I can't say how accurate that is. I obviously will not be voting for Trump, and there's absolutely nothing to convince me to do so. But I've felt and said as much since he first announced.

I have a hard time understanding what people believe in if they could be on the fence regarding Trump. I mean, one may not like the Democratic candidate, but would their dislike be so intense as to make them vote against other, meaningful things that they do believe in? A vote for Trump is blatantly anti-environment (are there any environmental protections left at this point? Will there be if he has another full term? And this goes beyond just climate change concerns, and into the health of the citizenry, with pollution controls lost and water and food safety an afterthought), anti-healthcare reform ("We'll fix it later" isn't a valid proposal, and people are getting sick and going broke while we wait for a fix), anti-Wall Street regulation (setting us up for another 2008-style crash), anti-choice (this will become a major issue if Trump gets another term and doesn't have to worry about reelection. The Moral Majority types will want their pay-off, and this is the big one), the one-percenters tax cut that balloons the debt and strangles social programs, etc. etc.

So when I hear this idea that people who may support one or more of those things throwing those concerns out the window because the House holds impeachment hearings, it makes little sense to me. I'm not saying people don't think that way, I just can't figure out why. It's like saying, "I care about the environment, I support a woman's right to choose, I want the super-rich to pay a proportionate tax rate, and I'm worried about corporate malfeasance collapsing the world economy again, but I'll forget all that if Nancy Pelosi makes Trump feel bad." 

The final issue regarding the 2020 elections will be voter turnout. Trump's army will be out in full force. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if gets more of the popular vote. The thing the Dems need to do is motivate the other side enough to get off their lazy ***** and vote. Right now they look too fractured, too sectarian, and too disillusioned to do so.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson

That the Mueller Report vindicated the Steele dossier at approximately the percentage Steele adjudged his own raw pre-processed intel to be accurate—about 70%—isn't something one can have an opinion on. It's fact.

Don't know what the hell Greenwald and Woodward are talking about.......

Meanwhile, people like Greenwald are citing *their own bad reporting* for what the allegations against Trump ever were,

as they have *zero* evidence that any notable percentage of the mainstream media said Trump had an *agreement with the IRA or GRU*. That's a *crazy* allegation. ...........

see: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1121242452042637312

• Haha 1

A frustrated Mueller told AG Barr his short summary of the special counsel report caused confusion

The special counsel expressed frustration over the lack of context and substance of the letter that Barr made public.

.... "He expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the special counsel's obstruction analysis," a Department of Justice spokeswoman said.

Members of Mueller's team have previously expressed frustration that Barr cleared Trump of obstruction of justice in a letter summarizing Mueller's findings in March. A U.S. official who spoke with the members of Mueller's team told NBC News early this month that they believed the evidence that Trump sought to impede the investigation was stronger than Barr suggested.

A senior law enforcement official who also has spoken to members of Mueller's team told NBC News this month that they say the report includes detailed accounts of contacts between Trump's campaign and Russia.........

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/mueller-told-ag-barr-his-short-summary-special-counsel-report-n1000441?fbclid=IwAR3tujmKjtjoXp9Zqn6w00mbB4igUGlHXqKLD5YmXRTcHksGFgL-ftZwPZI

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, mr6666 said:

A frustrated Mueller told AG Barr his short summary of the special counsel report caused confusion

The special counsel expressed frustration over the lack of context and substance of the letter that Barr made public.

.... "He expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the special counsel's obstruction analysis," a Department of Justice spokeswoman said.

That's too bad, he wrote the report and didn't indict anyone so he has nothing to complain about. It was a big nothing burger.

• Haha 1

Read Mueller’s letter to William Barr about Russia report: ‘There is now public confusion’

“This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

Read Mueller’s full letter below:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/read-muellers-letter-to-william-barr-about-russia-report-there-is-now-public-confusion?utm_source=pbsofficial&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2gS4B9s1iGA-n5dTkJnz6nt6kHQLeX2ZW5wDxC83B3gatH4HP7Lg9iMFA

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

That's too bad, he wrote the report and didn't indict anyone so he has nothing to complain about. It was a big nothing burger.

Over the course of his nearly two-year-long probe, special counsel Robert Mueller and his team of prosecutors

have now indicted 34 individuals and three Russian businesses on charges ranging from computer hacking to conspiracy and financial crimes.

Those indictments have led to seven guilty pleas and four people sentenced to prison.

Here's what you need to know.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/breakdown-indictments-cases-muellers-probe/story?id=61219489

• Like 1