Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

11 minutes ago, MarshaKatz said:

THE GAMBLER (1971) (In my opinion, the best film about gambling addiction and the entire cast is superb)

Interesting. Never heard of it before.

23 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Interesting. Never heard of it before.

T.B. Sorry I made a mistake about the year which should be 1974 for THE GAMBLER which stars James Caan, Jacqueline Brookes, Morris Carnovsky, a very young James Woods, Lauren Hutton, Paul Sorvino, and a terrific ensemble cast of wonderful "character" actors, screenplay is semi-autobiographical by James Toback, and the film was directed by Karel Reisz. Caan received a Golden Globe nomination and his performance is wonderful. I highly recommend it and wish TCM would air this film.

TORN CURTAIN

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, MarshaKatz said:

T.B. Sorry I made a mistake about the year which should be 1974 for THE GAMBLER which stars James Caan, Jacqueline Brookes, Morris Carnovsky, a very young James Woods, Lauren Hutton, Paul Sorvino, and a terrific ensemble cast of wonderful "character" actors, screenplay is semi-autobiographical by James Toback, and the film was directed by Karel Reisz. Caan received a Golden Globe nomination and his performance is wonderful. I highly recommend it and wish TCM would air this film.

TORN CURTAIN

Thank you Marsha. There's also a film from 2014 called THE GAMBLER. But I will look for the earlier one you described!

• Thanks 1