Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melanie Staggs

Interest in Cinti Backlot!

Hi folks!

Just saw Fathom Event: To Kill a Mockingbird on the big screen! (Nearly a full house!) Wore my TCM Backlot tee shirt, made an announcement at the end to meet me in the Lobby for info on joining Backlot & starting a Cinti Chapter. SEVERAL people stopped to chat, ask questions, exchange emails, & most of them wrote down their favorite movie! We had fun discussing trivia & facts about the movie.

One young man was a Fathom Event reviewer & had just seen Gone With The Wind for the first time EVER last Sunday at a Fathom Event! Many plan on going to Ben Hur! 

So listen up Backlot members!!! There are MANY folks interested in the Cincinnati area! Let's exchange emails...you can email me privately if you wish. If you are a Backlot member, let's start our chapter & start talking to plan our events! 

We need the email addresses of just 5 members to begin a chapter. We have 3, so that's just 2 more!!

Please email me:

melaniestaggs56@gmail.com

Hi folks!

We now have a Cincinnati Backlot Chapter! Our first meeting will be on a Sunday eve in July.....stayed tuned for an exact date, time & location. Can't wait to meet you film fans!

Thanks, Melanie

Hello!

Today, July 21st, 2019, we had 5 folks at the TCM Fathom Event showing of Glory! It was a very moving & sobering film. This was our first official Cincinnati Backlot meeting as a group! With the very busy summer activities, vacations, and heat, we had a low turn-out & 3 last minute cancellations.

We began with introductions & by hearing trivia/info for the movie, Glory, then after watching the film, we all disclosed our most enjoyable movie genres & possible favorite films.

Bill chose Stagecoach from 1939 with John Wayne, his wife Robyn loves the classic Casablanca, Ron spoke of seeing King Kong as a child, with nightmares to follow, Carole loves the fun & over-the-top Rosalind Russell in Auntie Mame, & mine is To Kill a Mockingbird, with a moral victory seen thru' a child's eyes & inseparable music by Elmer Bernstein.

Next I then discussed all of the Backlot advantages to be experienced & reviewed the online contests & discounts available to Backlot Members.

Finally, we took a group photo which I'm forwarding to Backlot, & made plans for the up & coming TCM Fathom Events at our home theater at Oakley Station. 

A Great first gathering! Thanks to all who attended! Why not join us?!

Melanie Cinti Backlot President