Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cooper, jeane

MOVIE SCENES YOU TRIED TO EMULATE IN REAL LIFE

Guest cooper, jeane

For me it was Grace Kelly pulling no punches in "To Catch a Thief". When she turned at her door and put her arm around Cary Grant to initiate the kiss - I thought "I gotta try this!" Luckily, that was met with much more success than in college when 3 of us decided to do Gene Kelly's "Singing in the Rain" routine during a massive rain storm. Our antics got us noticed by Pittsburgh's finest and a ride in the squad car back to the dorm. How about anyone else?

Guest son, jery

Great idea, Jeanne! I worked as an attendant, or aide, in a super exclusive sanatorium for the very rich when I was in college one summer. I had just seen Gone With the Wind. In my mind, I kept viewing Scarlett's last, dramatic shot, on the red staircase of her Atlanta home and says: "Tomorrow is Another Day." Since I worked the midnight shift it was very slow, and I positioned myself on a beautiful, Victorian staircase, and pretended I was Scarlett--just as the night watchman came by. He probably thought I belonged with the patients. Those cute and glorious doctors laughed, however. One advised me: "Next time, try 'Duck Soup'!"

Guest walker, ken

This is going to sound crazy,and thinking back ,it was!! But it's true. In 1941 I saw my first chapter of the "Captain Marvel" serial,[i was 7 yrs old].I was so taken in by the flying scenes that I thought I could do the same thing!! I soon found out the truth after jumping off a small set of steps.Fortunately a chipped tooth was the only thing that happened.I have a copy of this serial today and still enjoy it.

Guest Alix

I used to know guys in high school who tried to imitate Newbomb Turk's rendition of "Volare" in HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS. Forgive me for saying it, but they pooped out after the first line or two.

Guest Alix

Maybe you just had a faulty cape.

Guest walker, ken

Alix, You know,You just may be right!!!!{double wink}

Guest mongo

When I was a kid I saw "Samson and Delilah" with Victor Mature and was fascinated when he knocked the temple down. In my Brooklyn cold water flat I painted a picture of Daygone the temple god on a door that was off its hinges and proceeded to entertain my siblings. As Samson I started knocking things over in the room until the big finale when the door (temple god) fell over and hit me on the head and almost fractured my skull. After that I got my hair cut.

Guest Alix

Ken, ya made me smile!

Guest walker, ken

mongo, Maybe the gods were sending you a message !![wink]

Guest son, jery

Mongo, I've heard of movies giving viewers a headache but I think in your case, it gave you a BIG headache. HIlarious!

Guest cooper, jeane

Gee - I've heard of seeing ***stars*** but that was too realistic!

Guest cooper, jeane

I could've been a contender! Thus where the immortal words my 8 year old nephew uttered upon recently leaving the emergency room. His one eye swollen and bruised after a fall on the playground and he decides to play Brando!

Guest Josie

When DON'T I imitate movies?! My brother and I constantly reenact the Godfather "you come to me on the day of my daughters wedding" scene all the time, and I've done millions of Singing in the rain skits, twirling umbrella's and splashing to hearts content! My mother and I always do the "My aunt DIED of influenza, or so they say..." scene from MY FAIR LADY, and when I get mad at people I say "I hear your father's turned idiot, can't pay your taxes!" Another thing I do is try' to get my friends to do the whole Robin and the Seven Hoods dealie, but they don't get it. You a crooked hood! If that dame don't watch it, her 6 best friends are gonna be carrying her by the polls.

Guest Rob

When my grandmother died in 1995, the adults were at one table and the cousins were at another. The adults were beginning to move on past their grief while us cousins were struggling. One of my cousins excused himself from the table and when he returned, he exclaimed: "All right ramblers, let's get rambling..." from the Quentin Tarantino film "Reservoir Dogs". We then spent the next 45 minutes quoting verbatim from "Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction" and found ourselves feeling better. Sorry Grandma about the language...

Guest Rob

At the funeral dinner after my grandmother died in 1995, the adults were at one table and the cousins were at another. The adults were beginning to move on past their grief while us cousins were struggling. One of my cousins excused himself from the table and when he returned, he exclaimed: "All right ramblers, let's get rambling..." from the Quentin Tarantino film "Reservoir Dogs". We then spent the next 45 minutes quoting verbatim from "Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction" and found ourselves feeling better. Sorry Grandma about the language...

Guest son, jery

Rob, great episode. When some of my friends are down, we usually start quoting from the wonderful "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?", especially: "But-cha are in the chair! You are in the chair, Blanche!" Or: "You mean after all these years, we could have been friends?"

Guest finnie1, moira

There are 2 movie scenes that my sister and I have acted out with each other for decades: In "The Vikings", Ernest Borgnine is about to be thrown into a pit of snarling wolves, when he cries: "O-D-I-N!" and throws himself to his death...I'm sure it looked pretty comical to see 2 little girls doing this regularly, not to mention 2 slightly middle-aged women, occasionally.... In "Spartacus", Tony Curtis, in his best Bronx accent, recites the lines "Long ago, long ago, in the land of my father..." while the slave army rests up before the next battle. To my ears, the words sounded like: "Lungago,lungago, in de lan ub my fadder...". My sis and I should talk...we have New England accents! (:

Guest cooper, jeane

Moira - thanks for the laugh!

Guest son, jery

John Wayne played a Roman gladiator/soldier in some biblical mess. It may have been "The Greatest Story Ever Told." Anyway, we see him all dressed up in finery and he looks off into the distance and brays: "Shore-ly, here lies a ma-yan of GAWD!"

Guest *~*Megan*~*

I always do that. I guess I have a few good ones to tell. I had broken up with an ex-boyfriend because he cheated on me with my ex friend (boyfriend and friend at the time). Well after I'd yelled at him, I called her up and she tried apologizing to me and I pulled an Al Pacino and fit some Godfather Part 2 in and said "You're not a friend, you're not an acquintance.You're nothing to me now, I don't wanna know you or what you do. And when you visit (I gave a list of friends here) I wanna know a day in advance so I won't be there." I'm a HUGE Godfather fan, so I've used several more from the films. Another good one was when I was with my friend and we stuck all these paper fish all over a teacher's house whom we used to have, and wrote "Mr. P Sleeps with the Fishes!" on a little note. I've also OF COURSE used the Singing in the Rain one, who hasn't? I also used the Eliza Doolittle "Influenza" monologue at a party once, I see someone else has too :)

Guest chef, personal

Oh, that's funny jery. At this house it's Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte:"what.....do....you...think...I...asked...you..here...for... COMPANY???" and evil, seething Olivia: " a dirty, little affair with a MARRIED man.." oh that scene around the dinner table has some good ones, alright. and later on Agnes Moorehead: "weeelll your finally showing the right side of yer face, aint ya...well, I'VE SEEN IT ALL ALONG" What's funniest is my friends kids imitate the agnes moorehead voice better than anyone! Oh my gosh it's hilarious. They loved the movie.

Guest Kilduff, John

I've stood at my bedroom window and yelled out "I'm as mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore" in a "Network" homage... Whenever I take a bath, I tell somebody to alert the media, like in "Arthur"... I have a lot of fun. Sincerely, John Kilduff

Guest BaradaNickto

I once tried to impersonate the lovely German singer Kaaren Verne from the Bogart movie "All Through the Night." In that movie there's a beautiful little song with the same title, and I memorized the words to perform it in front of my family. Needless to say, Verne has a MUCH better singing voice than I could ever hope for, but I had fun anyway. :)

Guest jeanecooper

As long as you had fun, and the audience did not throw anything hard -that's all that matters! I admire your guts for standing up in front of your family, and performing. I was usually the writer/director of our homespun theatricals and forced my younger brother onto the "stage". Actually forced is too strong a word - as "Smithfield" or "Hormel" could have been printed across his then -little - scene stealing butt.

I saw the Seven Samurai's as a kid and made myself a handful of wooden swords and fought the many trees and bushes around the yard. Wow I haven't thought of this time in my life for close to thirty years. Another time I just remembered is after seeing Sound of Music and my sisters and I became the Von Trapp kids. Man I am glad I found this topic these memories are giving me a great warmth.