• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

5 Supporting Players Make The Movie

15 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

THE EMPEROR WALTZ

That is correct. A movie I really enjoy.

Your turn.

I applaud these choices from this movie. I might have listed some of the more well-known actors who had smaller roles in this classic earlier in their careers, but this is a good use of the game to help us memorize some names we should know. As I sit out this round, allow me to add one clue that could help people to guess: Alvin Greenman plays the character Alfred.

55 minutes ago, Defenestrator said:

I applaud these choices from this movie. I might have listed some of the more well-known actors who had smaller roles in this classic earlier in their careers, but this is a good use of the game to help us memorize some names we should know. As I sit out this round, allow me to add one clue that could help people to guess: Alvin Greenman plays the character Alfred.

The only person who is allowed to add Clues would be the person who wrote the question.

Since you obviously know the answer, you can have the next turn, if you so desire.

Alfred was always my favorite character in 'Miracle on 34th Street" too.

Def-- Your turn/ or do you still want to pass?

Okay, rule clarified.

Here's one that isn't actually a "trick" question. It just has to do with a particular cut or version of the film:

James Olson

William Prince

Rossano Brazzi

Joanna Pettet

Paul Shenar

6 minutes ago, Defenestrator said:

Okay, rule clarified.

Here's one that isn't actually a "trick" question. It just has to do with a particular cut or version of the film:

James Olson

William Prince

Rossano Brazzi

Joanna Pettet

Paul Shenar

You may want to visit some of the previous offerings on this thread. This is simply about who was in the movie. And according to the cast, you simply give the name  of the movie. It has nothing to do with a particular cut or version of the same film. It's just that simple.

Just now, Defenestrator said:

I think you should wait for the answer. They're in the movie. But there's an interesting side issue.

We try to keep it as simple as possible. And thank you for your collaboration.

Would you like to explain the exact letter of the law each entry must adhere to on this thread, and then I can reply as to whether this one complies, before revealing the answer?

42 minutes ago, Defenestrator said:

I think you should wait for the answer. They're in the movie. But there's an interesting side issue.

This is not complicated. 5 supporting players are listed and we guess what film they were in together. Very simple. If there's a side issue then the question belongs in a thread like Movie trivia or General trivia. Please don't complicate what is intended to be a simple thread. Last week you and another player had a problem with each other when you tried to change what this thread was about and your posts were deleted by the moderator. The week before your post was deleted from a thread you started in Information Only. You already made a crack to the OP about it being a "trick" question and now you want to make this thread into something it's not again. Please adhere to the rules. Just list 5 supporting players who were in a film together and let someone guess the film and in the reverse let other players list 5 films and you can guess the film. Again, if you have a question that you think has interesting or challenging information it should be posted in General or Movie trivia when it's your turn to post.

I didn't have a problem here. On this thread earlier, the OP had mistakenly posted five movies instead of actors once, and I was unaware there was a second thread for that purpose, so I inquired as to whether she was intending to change the initial rules to alternate between five actors and five movies. She misinterpreted my query as an intention to bring my own set of rules. I posted a friendly clarification (and an earlier well-meaning joke) which resulted in all of that stuff deleted, which I was fine with. The current issue is that I have posted a clue since it is my turn that I feel complies with all the rules as in the initial post of this thread, and according to what you just said. But I asked the OP for any clarification of what rule my post may specifically be violating. If you don't know the trivia answer or her ruling, it is improper for you to reply in her stead.

As for the other thread that I started on the Information Please forum, I myself asked the webmaster to remove that entire thread since its intended good-natured humor lost its meaning in the forum it had been moved to.

PoT, it is still your forum to supply any additional rule that the clue doesn't fit.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

You may want to visit some of the previous offerings on this thread. This is simply about who was in the movie. And according to the cast, you simply give the name  of the movie. It has nothing to do with a particular cut or version of the same film. It's just that simple.

The OP answered you. That should be sufficient at this point. 

Congratulations, you got it.

You will note the rules of the thread from the initial post are as follows:

You'll see the names of 5 supporting players listed.

Then your job will be to name a movie where all 5 appeared.

There could be more than one right answer.

"Two Minute Warning" (1976) had scenes added for the TV version with the five actors I named, plus star Charlton Heston (surely no supporting player) making what for many is the official version of the movie since more saw the TV version than went to the original theatrical release. The TV version also was what reaired in syndication for years, and was included on the Blu-Ray release. So I complied with the rules, but felt I should mention about the cut or version of the film out of respect for the game, without getting so specific as to ruin someone's fun at guessing. Four of the five actors aren't even listed among the imdb credits for the film, which may make it a unique question for this thread, although for Ms. Pettet it does specify "(TV version)."

Your turn.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Next:

Charles Coburn

Marjorie Main

Laird Cregar

Allyn Joslyn

Louis Calhern

Is it HEAVEN CAN WAIT (1943)..?

Thanks Larry.

Okay, which classic film featured these 5 fantastic performers:

GROUCHO MARX
IDA MOORE
ROBERT STACK
MARGE CHAMPION
IRVING BACON

5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Thanks Larry.

Okay, which classic film featured these 5 fantastic performers:

GROUCHO MARX
IDA MOORE
ROBERT STACK
MARGE CHAMPION
IRVING BACON

Mr Music

8 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

James Burke

William Hopper

Ludwig Stossel

Ed Brophy

Chester Clute

Is it ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT (1942)..?

• Like 1

Yes, Top Billed. This is one of the few Bogart Classics I've never seen. I heard it's quite good.

You're up.....

2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Is it ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT (1942)..?

Thank you! Definitely one of Bogart's best.

Okay, which film featured these 5 people:

Morris Carnovsky
Basil Rathbone
Isabel Jeans
Montagu Love
Renie Riano