Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I agree that 'Iceman Cometh' has some awkwardness in the original play; the writing is certainly "of its time" particularly in the way that character-backstories were reiterated not once, not twice, but three or four times over. Very, very noticeable. Its as if there was some need to hammer the characters into the audience thrice over, for each figure Oneill concocted. Whew!

But believe me I got a lot of enjoyment out of both versions I cited above. Owned both of 'em for quite a while. Moving stuff. Tour de force from Marvin and Robards both. Also I really relished seeing some fine supporting stars "trotted over a lengthy bit of ground", as it were. Wanted to see how they stand up in a real 'gut-buster'. Lots to learn, lots to observe. Which version is better? I think the one with Lee Marvin. Who did better as the unfortunate young lad? As appealing / sympathetic as Bridges was (he just looks more fragile), I pick Redford.