Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clint Eastwood starring in & directing new Western!

NickAndNora34

A Fistful of Poligrip

The Incontinent Josey Wales

Metamucil Force

Every Which Way, and Slowly

The Good, the Bad, and the Earlybird Special

Hang 'Em Really Low

Million Dollar Reverse Mortgage

Dusty Harry

The Bridgework of Madison County

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

It's a remake of 'Paint Your Wagon' with Clint now in the Lee Marvin slot and ...Matt Damon in Clint's old role!

Wow Sarge, I'm shocked!!!

(...that you even know who Matt Damon is, that is) ;) 

She ain't no Hollywood chippy, she was foisted upon an unsuspecting world by the folks in your neck of the woods, Sarge. 

I don't know how much acting she's done beyond the SNL I saw her in, but I do know she's making a stripper movie with Jennifer Lopez at the moment. Yay?

• Sad 1

Yep, FWIW here Sarge, Cardi B is the latest flash-in-the-pan Hip-Hop, Rapper hailing from your Big Apple.

And WHO reminded me the first time I ever saw her on my TV a while back, of a cross between Rosie Perez and Carmen Miranda.

(...wouldn't ya say, Lawrence?!) ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Btw, and speaking of Rosie Perez...and seein' as how this thread is one that can't really be "derailed" at all...

I STILL chuckle every time I remember David Letterman asking Rosie on his old show what kind of car she just purchased and she replied, "an Isuzu Twoopah"!

(...and it was so damn cute that Dave made her say it a second time)

8 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

It's a remake of 'Paint Your Wagon' with Clint now in the Lee Marvin slot and ...Matt Damon in Clint's old role!

Now, y'see, THAT'S a better April Fool's headline--Clint doing another grizzled-senior-citizen western is too believable a scenario, and "Oopsie, he isn't!" tends to get just an "Oh....Okay. 😑 "

Internet April Fool's is a very tricky art-form, since it has to be im-plausible enough to get the joke without going dopey-viral as a "real" rumor for the next seven years, while being pointed and plausibly deadpan enough to be satirical--"Disney to do live-action/CGI remake of 'Chicken Little'", for example.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

New York is even worse as far for some trollope to claim as a hometown. Multiple layers of pretension. No one on the West Coast should dare to claim they're an 'ac-TOR' but they sure do so here. And its just as foppish.

Ahhh I'm just a grouch this week. Pardon me. The only fun I have in Gotham is occasionally seeing double-parked vehicles get viciously towed away by the NYPD...

tow-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

20 hours ago, EricJ said:

Internet April Fool's is a very tricky art-form, since it has to be im-plausible enough to get the joke without going dopey-viral as a "real" rumor for the next seven years, while being pointed and plausibly deadpan enough to be satirical--"Disney to do live-action/CGI remake of 'Chicken Little'", for example.

Another plausible one would be "Disney to do live action remake of a remake of an original Disney cartoon film." :lol: 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings