• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy 97th Birthday to Doris Day!

noah80

You knew the pic¬†was coming!¬†ūüėä

Doris in 2019

2019doris.jpg

Just a few days ahead of her 97th birthday on April 3, Doris Day is sharing her exclusive birthday portrait, following a weekend celebration in her honor in her adopted home of Carmel, California.

• Thanks 3

Happy Birthday!

It's almost April 3, and that means Doris' 97th birthday is just around the corner!  Over the past few years, your online birthday messages have brought her such joy, so we have once again posted a special birthday card, where you can send her your love, greetings and best wishes.  

Doris is always so touched by the generous outpouring of messages from fans all over the world, who have enjoyed her music and movies. And nothing means more to her than knowing that you share her love for animals and support her work to make this a better world for them.

Please click here to sign Doris' card and wish her a Happy 97th Birthday!

If you would like to make a donation in Doris' honor while you are there, it would mean so much to her, to all of us at DDAF, and most of all, to the animals.

Please join us in wishing Doris the happiest of birthdays!

The DDAF Team

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Thanks Hibi. I sent her a note too. As a little boy, she was my second Mommy. If I scraped my knee, I'd go to the record player, play a Doris Day record, and all would be better. We are talking Circa: 1965. She was my Do Do.(dough dough) Loved her music long before I knew she made movies. I still love everything about Doris Day.

47 minutes ago, noah80 said:

Doris wanted Henry Mancini to compose music for her films but her husband Martin Melcher was too cheap to hire him. The result you get: Ya! Ya! Roly! Poly!

LOL. Yes, Doris wasn't thrilled by his cost cutting measures for her movie songs. He hired mostly unknowns on their way up (or nowhere) although Bacharach-David did write one (Send Me No Flowers) before they made it really big.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hibi said:

LOL. Yes, Doris wasn't thrilled by his cost cutting measures for her movie songs. He hired mostly unknowns on their way up (or nowhere) although Bacharach-David did write one (Send Me No Flowers) before they made it really big.

love this song! Send Me No Flowers

Yes, I like it too. It has that unmistakable Bacharach sound. One title song Doris did NOT sing was The Thrill of It All. She must've really hated that one (I think it was the Johnny Mann singers who sang it over the credits). I think that was the only time that Doris did not sing the title song (when there was one).

On 4/2/2019 at 3:46 AM, GGGGerald said:

I had to send her birthday greetings. We April 3rds have to support each other. :)

I understand.  That's why I always sent up birthday greetings to Jackie Onassis.  ;)

And still do so to guitarist STEVE MORSE.

Both ALSO July 28th.  ;)

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings