Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM promos

Brrrcold

At least once a week I see the short promo film with the two composer brothers, describing their project and playing the final composition. My question: Has anyone ever seen a TCM promo using just the music - without the background story? It seems like they initiated a project and never really used what they paid the composers to do.

• 11 months later...

As I recall, one of the brother-composers (the one not in Sugarland) actually posted on here about a year ago in another thread discussing this exact same topic waxing nostalgic about the experience but didn't reference whether the music composed was actually ever used in anything but the promo itself. 

I had always thought it was ironic that you always see this behind-the-scenes video, but never hear the actual ID music on air.

I finally saw a network ID with this music played standalone last week.   It certainly seems the "making of" video plays more than the ID itself.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings