Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm pretty sure Gable has been SOTM before - probably more than once - because he spent almost his entire career at MGM, plus he had a couple more at Warner Bros. early in his career. Thus TCM could get those easily. The few that TCM doesn't own like "It Happened One Night" and "The Misfits" are easy to find on disc if you want to see them.

1 minute ago, calvinnme said:

I'm pretty sure Gable has been SOTM before - probably more than once - because he spent almost his entire career at MGM, plus he had a couple more at Warner Bros. early in his career. Thus TCM could get those easily. The few that TCM doesn't own like "It Happened One Night" and "The Misfits" are easy to find on disc if you want to see them.

Gable was SOTM in 1995 and 2004.      My reading of the OP was that they were asking if there is a Gable tribute going on now,  in the month of April (because they saw a lot of Gable films on the schedule?),  and not that they were saying TCM should have  Gable as SOTM.

Anyhow it has been 15 years and as noted TCM has 'easy' access to most of his films.      

26 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Gable was SOTM in 1995 and 2004.      My reading of the OP was that they were asking if there is a Gable tribute going on now,  in the month of April (because they saw a lot of Gable films on the schedule?),  and not that they were saying TCM should have  Gable as SOTM.

Anyhow it has been 15 years and as noted TCM has 'easy' access to most of his films.      

Sorry to get OT. I should have answered the OP's question. 15 years since the last time Gable was SOTM? That's a long time for somebody that has such a diverse body of work over such a long period of time over which TCM has very large control.

4 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

Sorry to get OT. I should have answered the OP's question. 15 years since the last time Gable was SOTM? That's a long time for somebody that has such a diverse body of work over such a long period of time over which TCM has very large control.

But...his movies are in frequent rotation on TCM. There's hardly a week when his movies are off screen.