Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
hamradio

King Kong Hanging on Broadway

I confess I don't know much about 'Kiss Me, Kate' but I did catch a couple scenes and found them both hilarious.

• The two hoods (Keenan Wynne and James Whitmore) wrangling with Howard Kiel about money
  • Kiel manipulates the hoods into seizing Kathryn Grayson as a hostage --physically hauling her away--she cries for Kiel to do something --and he leans up against the door jamb, rolling his eyes and murmuring softly:  "Gentlemen...this ...is an outrage." And the two hoods grin at his wit. I still find this part laugh-out-loud funny.

4 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

I confess I don't know much about 'Kiss Me, Kate' but I did catch a couple scenes and found them both hilarious.

• The two hoods (Keenan Wynne and James Whitmore) wrangling with Howard Kiel about money
  • Kiel manipulates the hoods into seizing Kathryn Grayson as a hostage --physically hauling her away--she cries for Kiel to do something --and he leans up against the door jamb, rolling his eyes and murmuring softly:  "Gentlemen...this ...is an outrage." And the two hoods grin at his wit. I still find this part laugh-out-loud funny.

It's Keenan Wynn and Howard Keel.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 5:47 AM, Sgt_Markoff said:

Feh. I see the ads for it all the time on NYC streets. Pathetic. Not only Kong, but "Kiss Me Kate", "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Oklahoma!" are (apparently) all playing on the Great White Way lately. Strictly for tourists.

I would say the casts for these 3 shows are great, but I don't know who it was who requested an "Oklahoma!" revival.

• Haha 1

Aye. Anyway Broadway productions, I mean the crews and cast, I believe they work their butts off. That's one good thing I can say about them, they aren't lazy.

I just wish this Jeff Daniels guy would bump into me on the street so I can gaze back genuinely unrecognizant as to who just jostled me.

You'd be surprised at how frail the egos of these 'stars' often are. Some of them really are no better than ...well, that great, great star of stage and screen, Joseph Tura.

to-be-or-not-to-be.jpg?w=487

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2019 at 12:56 PM, NickAndNora34 said:

I would say the casts for these 3 shows are great, but I don't know who it was who requested an "Oklahoma!" revival.

Breaking: Present-Day Adaptation of OKLAHOMA! in the Works for TV

Skydance Television today announced that it has partnered with The Rodgers amp Hammerstein Organization and Concord to develop an original television series inspired by the hit Broadway musical Oklahoma The present-day series written by John Lee Hancock (The Blind SideThe Highwaymen) and Bekah Brunstetter (This is UsAmerican Gods) will be set in America's heartland and include music by the legendary team of Rodgers amp Hammerstein, reimagined for a contemporary audience, in addition to new music to support the story.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Present-Day-Adaptation-of-OKLAHOMA-in-the-Works-for-TV-20190416

:lol:

56 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Breaking: Present-Day Adaptation of OKLAHOMA! in the Works for TV

Skydance Television today announced that it has partnered with The Rodgers amp Hammerstein Organization and Concord to develop an original television series inspired by the hit Broadway musical Oklahoma The present-day series written by John Lee Hancock (The Blind SideThe Highwaymen) and Bekah Brunstetter (This is UsAmerican Gods) will be set in America's heartland and include music by the legendary team of Rodgers amp Hammerstein, reimagined for a contemporary audience, in addition to new music to support the story.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Present-Day-Adaptation-of-OKLAHOMA-in-the-Works-for-TV-20190416

:lol:

what, they cain't say no???