Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

KAY FRANCIS DAY

Hibi

Kay is getting an all day salute today till 8pm (Sorry I'm late to report this). A nice sampling of her WB career (including two of her best, Confession and One Way Passage!). Among others: Mandalay; House on 56th St.; Jewel Robbery and one of her Monogram's, Divorce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Kay is getting an all day salute today till 8pm (Sorry I'm late to report this). A nice sampling of her WB career (including two of her best, Confession and One Way Passage!). Among others: Mandalay; House on 56th St.; Jewel Robbery and one of her Monogram's, Divorce.

The Monogram picture seldom airs. It was one of her very last films.

She co-produced it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_(film)

18 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Yes, I know. I think I've seen all 3, but they are rarely shown. I'm recording it, just in case.

ALLOTMENT WIVES, the most noir of the three, is shown sometimes on TCM. I don't think WIFE WANTED (the last film she made) has ever aired. Not sure if it was digitally restored. 

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The poster implies a different type of Francis film;  that post-war vibe.

Image result for allotment wives 1945

Yes, the three films she co-produced and starred in at Monogram were all exploiting wartime and postwar issues. What I like about ALLOTMENT WIVES is she plays against type as a villain. And it has a bit of a lesbian vibe to it, too. I think she was a little freer at poverty row than she was at the bigger studios.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings