Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

anyone plane to see, or had new tim button live action dumbo yet/ whant your views please

spence

as for me going to it tomorrow afternoon & of course have to worries it will be as all-time wondrous as the 1941 Disney/RKo-(my $6th all-time favorite & overall motion picture! 7&of course of his masterpieces, UNCLE Walt animated lease! Must vote for Pinocchio, my 3rd, but FANTASia for me is THE KANE of animation & my A #1

This version didn't open strongly thought at just about $43m (TRIVIA: His biggest $B.O. hit it actually DIE another die-(springs)-(DUBBED IN SINATRaAland10 & then A league of there at $251 million domestically. also kinda liked the new version (***) no where near as as  CHECK OUT HIS 77 to 8 ENCOUnters sith letterman, obviously preferring him over talk show hosts  (FINAL QUESTIN PIXAR OE HE CLASSIC Jazz?)

Just went to this surprisingly flat/mediocre or at times bad (**-out of 4 stars)  Live action Tim Burton rehash of one of Disney's all-timers yesterday, or the day before.  What a drag, this focusos more on the kids then him & that's the problem of many.  Some of the talented & magical Tim Burton has same cast here  M. Keaton, De Vito,etc However the even look bored to distraction this time around. Don't even expect the visuals to be remembered come next Oscar race either   In all, something is sorely missing, the score-(a staple in his flix) Burton's flix are usual a feast for the eyes &this is somewhat as well, just something missing this time around.?  You'd think with one of all-time Oscar champ (26 victories) & nomination champ (59) woulda already laid the ground work for this all-timer though> I don't even recall many songs here either. As for Dumbo himself, another let down & not like it's beautiful & magical trailers show. &on that front the 1941 Walt Disney/RKO Radio classic is my personal A #1 all-time favourite animated motion picture, most, including Spielberg always loved PINOCCHIO the most, but this had the heart & of course ion this pc era there are NO BLACK CROWS HERE???  Looking back at Tim Burton's career-(my favorite is the sadly little known 1994 Hollywood homage ED WOOD ($6m.) & of course 1989's superb BATMAN ($251m.) you know the 1 with JACK NICHOLSON as The Joker & not Ledger. EDWARD SCISSORHANDS (l990), BIG FISH, BATMANL RETRNS (l992) (the 1 with Marvelous Michelle Pfeiifer as the definitive Catwiman &not Ann Hathaway, who remembers hers vs Pfeiffer's by the way? He also helm,ed the fun '96 MARS ATTACKS! (***) ($36m.) which I liked more than same yrs blockbuster hit INDEPENDANCE DAY by the way. & several more (TRIVIA: it may surprised even moviebuffs that tim Burton has yet toeven be up for a Best Director Oscar & certainy won't for this mess  THANKS

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings