Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Night to Remember and tcm forgets

NipkowDisc

okay, it's the early morning of the 15th but tcm has no titanic films scheduled. I hate the one with Barbara stanwyck and Clifton webb as the titanic sinking ain't no bleeping soap opera.

A Night To Remember is exactly what a motion picture about the sinking of the Titanic should be.

boy, are these guys slackers. that's why space cadets like me oughta be programming for this channel. we know how to do it.

:D

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

okay, it's the early morning of the 15th but tcm has no titanic films scheduled. I hate the one with Barbara stanwyck and Clifton webb as the titanic sinking ain't no bleeping soap opera.

A Night To Remember is exactly what a motion picture about the sinking of the Titanic should be.

boy, are these guys slackers. that's why space cadets like me oughta be programming for this channel. we know how to do it.

:D

It would certainly be interesting if you had to deal with people complaining about your schedules.

:)

Let's try a little empathy, mate!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

It would certainly be interesting if you had to deal with people complaining about your schedules.

:)

Let's try a little empathy, mate!

I'd love to have Nipkowdisc do the programming for a whole week. Hot Spell, 50 Foot Woman, Nunzio, Aztec Mummies. It would be the best week in TCM programming history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

I'd love to have Nipkowdisc do the programming for a whole week. Hot Spell, 50 Foot Woman, Nunzio, Aztec Mummies. It would be the best week in TCM programming history.

Having seen most of those, I thing the word "greatest" may be overstating it a bit. Especially if he throws in some Titanic movies.

you would see Hot Spell and Attila produced by dino de as in laurentis and starring Anthony quinn and Sophia loren! why does tcm ignore that? :huh:the incident tony musante's best film and maybe tcm is a little afraid politically correct-wise to show it because of some of the harsh real life language. to some a searing film because of the mid-1960s racial tensions. some of the k. Gordon murray Mexican horror imports have terrific sets and cinematography like curse of the crying woman.

tcm slackness has greatly diminished their phony boasts of cinema excellence. I knew that when among other things they have shown themselves too cheap to get the BFI cut of the restored Hammer's Dracula.

you doan show proper homage to a guy like Christopher Lee with empty words uttered by schtootzes like mankiewicz. you do it by procuring the hard stuff.

Image result for attila anthony quinn sophia loren

Hi, NipkowDisc.  Just a guess --- TCM has probably aired ANTR in honor of Titanic's April anniversary at some time in the past (2012 was the 100th anniversary, so possibly then?), but they probably can't arrange to do this every year.   

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

Hi, NipkowDisc.  Just a guess --- TCM has probably aired ANTR in honor of Titanic's April anniversary at some time in the past (2012 was the 100th anniversary, so possibly then?), but they probably can't arrange to do this every year.   

True.

Word is TCM's financial status lately is pretty much in a, ahem, "sink or swim" mode presently.

(...sorry folks...just couldn't resist)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings