Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many got Green Book right on the Oscars?

spence

Had an early gut reaction recent 3 times Academy Award winning & BP including drama GREEN BOOK would take Hollywoods Highest Honor, ever since the trailer    ANYONE ELSE

Not that of course it was the best, just had Oscars written all over it   If I were a card carrying member & thought it only made $4m. STAN & OLLIE is my 3rd favourite of this pathetic decade td

I know fans on here don't want to or are to frightened to even predict, how about this?

1 minute ago, spence said:

I know fans on here don't want to or are to frightened to even predict, how about this?

Spence, you have posted at least a dozen Oscar prediction threads over the past 5-6 months, and many of us responded in those, including making predictions, some of us more than once.

So no one is "frightened" to predict anything. You simply don't remember that we ALREADY DID THIS. Or are incapable of reviewing the many, MANY threads that you started on this already.

• Like 1

Has anyone else even bothered to notice, but april 2019-(DESPITE GARBO)

Is among tcm's most boring months i9n it's 25yrs & again, they should take an entrance in the fans, like past yrs & involve those that are not just $FILM FESTIVAL ONES$ & finally after a quarter of a century conduct our own fans favs poll 7 survey, TCM is still thee only hold out???

WHATS IS THE PROPBLEM, IF ALL OTHER FILM MEDIUM-(newspapers, mags) HAVE DON THIS??? & IT'S YOUR SO CALLED 25th ANNIVERSARY ON TOP OF WHICH     I read everything, & as I posted TCM is it???

Back when Osborne was around the station at least took an entrance of sorts & held-(editing team only again though, not us & without us there is NO NETWORK!)

IT HAD A VERY NICE IN HOUSE-(again, god let us decide?) 15th ANNIVERSARY OF THE TOP 15 MOST INFLUEJNTIAL MOTION PICTURES OF ALL-TIME, OR SHOULD I SAY UP TO THAT POINT     NOW, SILENCE, EXCEPT FORBACKLT MEMBERS OF COURSE???

IN ESSENSE IT'S LIKE WERE ARE IDIOTS & CHILDREN & CAN'T DO OUR OWN VOITING FOR OUR FAVORITE MOVIES & THEN, THE DISCRIMANATION IS DAZZLING FOR NON "BACK LOT" MEMBERS!?

& ALL ME FELOLOW TCM-ITES ARE WELL AWARE AS TO WHY    $MONEY$

I HAVE VACATIONED IN WHATS LEFT OF AN EMPIRE ONCE CALLED HOLLYWOODLAND (3) TIMES TO DATE to THE ROOSEVELT-(not on the roof, but all over inside & out many times on my vacations, even it's Blossom Room"-(musty & tiny) WHERE OF COURSE VERY FIRST ACADEMY AWARDS WERE HELD IN 1929, PLUS IT'S "CINEGRIL" WHERE 1989's PERFECTTO "FABULOUS BAKER BOYS" (l989) WAS FILMED & IT"S INSTANT, LEGENDARY, CLASSIC MICHELLE PIANO CRAWL SEQUENCE WAS FILMED.   (SUSIE DIAMOND)

CinemaIntern-0(neat handle by the way & AVATAR) Still wish I could add my own AVATAQR & after 15yrs trying & several trying top assist me, all to no avail (TO MY T^CM-ITE PALS, PLEASE WRITE ME & HELP AGAIN, I just find it too tedious & yet I see anybody doing it, WHAT THE ….???)

You & about 90% of others predicted ROMA to take the biggie, I was among chosen few & for about 4 months (always go with first gut instinct, how I won several contests since 1982 onward & SP's & BOXING )   Gotta' aso give credit where it's due , my mom, also a fellow movie reviewer & Oscar oddsmaker one day saw GB's trailer & told me it just bleed Oscar bait. Plus, many other factors, PGA-(not DGA Award) Golden Globes, feel good movie, racially made, a lot like *MSS DAISY, Pretty good $B.O.$ at about $85 million now (TRIVIA: PLEASE AT LEAST SPORTS FANS, try & guess lowest grossing BP winner to date? HUINT: It swept 6 won for 2009 & stunningly only grossed $17m. upo0n initial release??? Plus, timely. Others, no film has won Best foreign Film & Best Picture in history?

9 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Spence, you have posted at least a dozen Oscar prediction threads over the past 5-6 months, and many of us responded in those, including making predictions, some of us more than once.

So no one is "frightened" to predict anything. You simply don't remember that we ALREADY DID THIS. Or are incapable of reviewing the many, MANY threads that you started on this already.

LAWRENCEA,

6 minutes ago, spence said:

CinemaIntern-0(neat handle by the way & AVATAR) Still wish I could add my own AVATAQR & after 15yrs trying & several trying top assist me, all to no avail (TO MY T^CM-ITE PALS, PLEASE WRITE ME & HELP AGAIN, I just find it too tedious & yet I see anybody doing it, WHAT THE ….???)

You & about 90% of others predicted ROMA to take the biggie, I was among chosen few & for about 4 months (always go with first gut instinct, how I won several contests since 1982 onward & SP's & BOXING )   Gotta' aso give credit where it's due , my mom, also a fellow movie reviewer & Oscar oddsmaker one day saw GB's trailer & told me it just bleed Oscar bait. Plus, many other factors, PGA-(not DGA Award) Golden Globes, feel good movie, racially made, a lot like *MSS DAISY, Pretty good $B.O.$ at about $85 million now (TRIVIA: PLEASE AT LEAST SPORTS FANS, try & guess lowest grossing BP winner to date? HUINT: It swept 6 won for 2009 & stunningly only grossed $17m. upo0n initial release??? Plus, timely. Others, no film has won Best foreign Film & Best Picture in history?

Good AVATAR-IS IT EASY TO POST ONE???)   "I'M ON MY WAY BACK TO CANEN LAND"  BUT, Stephen's-(*Burt's given name) overall greatest he was pt of must be *FROM HERE TO ETERNITY & the brilliantly subtle 1981 ATLANTIC CITY-(NOTE: I lived there just before they tore AC down by the way) though in a magnificent & among top 3 greatest courtroom dramas was him, miscast-(calling *OLIVIER), He chose a very, very modest grave, you almost step on it in tiny 3 & 1/2 acre WESTWOOD, CEM-(not far from NATALIE WOOD"s by the way) & "Essential LANCASTER"-(limited to just 4 per usual)> *FROM HERE TO ETERNITY, ATLANTIC CITY, SWEET SMELL OF SUCCCESS"-(among textbook dialogue & was dispicably ignored for a script shot!?)  & was 6'2. & Born a Scorpio like myself. &OF COURSE THE FICTIONAL 1962 BIRDMAN OF ALCATRAZ" (AFI RAKING IN 1999 #18th of all-time male stars) ALSO< WHY DOESNT THE NETWORK EVER, EVER, EVER BROASCAST A POWERFUL THRILLER FROM 1977 "TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING" (Frankenhiemer's 7th with the actor?) (P.S. COULD NEVER FORGET THIS OUT, HE & NOW 102 YEAR OLD RAPOST-(confirmed all the more all the time) K. DOUGLAS & HE WERE PALS, EVEN DOING 7 TOGETHER???

I think I ultimately went with Green Book as the winner of this year's Oscars. I remember also wondering whether or not A Star is Born would win. I will admit, I personally wanted Green Book to win because I personally loved it, but I think it was a back and forth for me between that and A Star is Born.

As I was typing this, I remembered I still had a copy of my Rotten Tomatoes Oscar ballot. I didn't think I had saved what I predicted as Best Picture this year anywhere, for some reason, but I found it. I think I tossed the two movies I mentioned above around quite a bit, but it looks like my final choice was Roma. How cool would that have been? The first foreign film (to the United States, anyway) to win Best Picture. I think that would have been awesome. Frankly, though, I think Green Book deserved it. That's just my opinion, though.

• Like 1

Case in pt with the almost now (9,000) AMPAS voters, as all know what HOLLYWOOD goes for & us rarely matches up-(I'VE WRITTEN TONS OF PIECES ON THIS TOPIC> EXAMPLE: "KONG" (lost), SCARFACE (l983), DUCK SOUP (lost), A NIGHT AT THE OPERA, SNOW WHATE & THE 7 DWARFS, CAPTAINS COURAGEOUS, BRINGING UP BABY (lost), WIZARD OF OZ, (P.S. The recently gone Oscar winning & superb critic & Oscar pundit WILLIAM GOLDMAN always strongly felt GUNGA DIN DESERVED BEST FILM FOR 1939!),  IT'S A GIFT, ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES,  PINOCCHIO, FANTASIA, M. FALCON-(though also lost to CHARLES FSTER KAE!), SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS, YANKEE DOODLE DANDY, GRAPES OF WRATH, CITY LIGHTS & MODERN TIMES-(both staggeringly not only lost BP Gold, but no nominations???), KANE-(at least lost to anther magnificent picture of HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY though),  IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE,  THE TREASURE SIERRA MADRE-(must rate among HOLLYWOODS worst loses!), ,WHITE HEAT,  SINGIN' IN THE RAIN" AND THE QUIET MAN (l952), SHANE, THE SEARCHERS, VERTIGO, NIGHT OF THE HUNTER, BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK, REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE, GIANT, THE OLD MAN & THE SEA, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD_(TRIVIA: Not only  MADONNA'S  FAVORITE MOVIE, TO BE FAIR IT DID LOSE OUT TO ONE OF THE GREATEST TRIUMPHS OF ALL-TIME ON FILM IN LAWRENCE OF ARABIA THOUGH), THE GREAT ESCAPE, HOW THE WEST WAS WON, DR. STRANGELOVE, COOL HAND LUKE, 200l,  ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST,MEAN STEETS, AMERICAN GRAFFITI, TAXI-DRIVER, NETWORK, RAGING BULL-(without pause & AFI agrees, one of the five finest by any artist!), APOCALYPSE NOW, E.T.,  GLORY,  TITANIC,& LOTS MORE. MORE RECENT SNUBS BY THE ALMOST 9,000) AMPAS VOTERS> THERE WILL BE BLOOD, PULP FICTION, SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, & MANY MORE!  (WORST BP WINNERS BY WHATS LEFT OF AN EMPIRE CALLED HOLLYWOODLAND-(sign read from 1923-1949), MOONLIGHT, SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, CIMARRON, CAVALCADE, THE BROADWAY MELODY-(thee single worst winner yet!!!??),  OLIVER!, OTHERS & AIONG IT'S FINEST HRS OF CHOOSING/VOTING A WINNER IS LAST 26 YEARS  TITANIC, SAVING PVT. RYAN-(oops, were among, among it's top 3-05 biggest SUINS OF OMISSION, SOOO MANY THEN STILL WITH US WW2 VETS IMMEDIATELY STOPPED EVER WATCHING ANNUAL OSCARS AFTER RYAN LOST TO THE NICE BUT NOT HEAVYWEIGHT SAKESPEARE IN LOVE!!!  I HEARD OF MANY SO HEARTBROEN THEY JUST PINED AWAY AFTERWARD DUE TO THAT INFAMOUS RIPPOFF!

"TOP 3 TO 5 BIGGEST ACADEMY AWARD SINS OF OMISSION BY HOLLYWOODS & UNCLE OSCAR!!!"

1st place SPENCER TRACY LOSING BEST ACTOR FOR HIS EPIC ALL BY HIMSELF WORK IN 1958's THE OLD MAN & THE SEA  ALSO< SAME TEAR WHERE HE WASN"T EVEN IN THE RACE FOR *FORD'S IRISH POLITICO THE L:AST HURRAH

2nd place CHAPLIN LOSING BEST ACTOR FOR HIS UNNOMINATED ALL-TIME COMEDY FROM '31 CITY LIGHTS

2nd MARIA FALCONETTI IN 1928's French silent PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC-(If eligible?)

4th GARBO LOSING FOR 1937's CAMILLE

5th HITCHCOCK LOSING FOR ABOUT (4) MOTION PICTURES FOR BD GOLD

& 5th SAVING PVT RYAN LOSING (OUT TO SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE)

(P.S. NEVER INCLUDED KANE losing due to losing out to another heavyweight film in HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY

Just now, spence said:

VIGGO, probably will WALK DOWN THE AISLE SOMEDAY FOR SOMETHING

WHO ELSE CAUGHT HIM IN "INDIAN RUNNER"-(Sean Penn)

EASTERN PROMISES-(his first leading shot)

A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE? (strong) (***-out of 4)

35 minutes ago, animaldoctor said:

I think I ultimately went with Green Book as the winner of this year's Oscars. I remember also wondering whether or not A Star is Born would win. I will admit, I personally wanted Green Book to win because I personally loved it, but I think it was a back and forth for me between that and A Star is Born.

As I was typing this, I remembered I still had a copy of my Rotten Tomatoes Oscar ballot. I didn't think I had saved what I predicted as Best Picture this year anywhere, for some reason, but I found it. I think I tossed the two movies I mentioned above around quite a bit, but it looks like my final choice was Roma. How cool would that have been? The first foreign film (to the United States, anyway) to win Best Picture. I think that would have been awesome. Frankly, though, I think Green Book deserved it. That's just my opinion, though.

I liked A STAR IS BORN (2019) ($235m. domestically) & gave it full 3 stars out of four. ESPECIALLY THAT SONG "SHALLOW" which before leaving the theatre knew it would take home o. siong statuette! & MUST ADEMIT & MUST CONFESS, I FEEL I KINDA' KNOW YOU/MY FELLOW TCM-ITES AFTER A QUATER OF A CENTURY & CAN ADMIT PLUS, KNOW MANY WILL EITHER MAKE FUN OR JUST DONT UNDERSTYSAND, WHATEVER?

I AM DEEPLY "IN LOVE"-(not only "Love") WITH MADONNA (Louise Veronica Ciccone) (l958-) OVER 55 YEARS NOW & ALWATYS GETTING STRIONGER, THING IS, GA GA I MUST ADMIT IS A SUPERIOR ACTRESS-(NOTE: BUT MAKE NO ISTAKE, NOWHERE NEAR THE MUSICIAN, CHOREOGRAOHER, DANCER, DRUMMER-(her debut instrument back around age 17 to 20), GUITAR PLATER & NOW LOUISE HAD TRANSFORMED YET AGAIN-(she likes to about every month, since she was a teenager!), TO HEAVY METAL . CAN YOU FANS DIG THIS, SHE IS 28 YEARSOLDER THEN LADY GA HA! IN PERSPECTIVE, MY GURL HAS UNDERWEAR & SHOES OLDER THEN HER!!! BUT, WHAT MADONNA HAS SO GRACIOUSLY DONE AST 20yRS WITH YOUNGER ARTISTS-(by the way, she dislikes being called a SINGER, BUT A PERFORMANCE ARTIST INSTEAD) SHE HAS LINDA' PASSED THE TORCH ONTO THE LIKES OF LADY GA GA-9who's seen her last name, a mouthfull & even longer then Madonna's & also ITALIAN!)  WORLD RECALLS THE DNAMIC DUP'S BIG FEUD, A COMEDY BIT TO HELP PROPELL LADY IS ALL< THEY ARE BUDDIES! NOT SO WITH ELTON JOHN & MADONNA THOUGH, EVER SIONCE AN INCIDEMNT IN 2002 WHICH I WON"T GO INTO. B. SPEARS, C. AGGULLERA, GWEN STEFANI, JUSTIN TIMBERRLAKE, MOLLY CYRUS & OTHERS SHE's GHAPPILY DONE THIS FOR & WILL CONTUINUE TO DO SO< O< ANOTHER ARIANA GRANDES MOST RECENTLY!   IN ESSENSE "MOTHER" HAS FREED THEM FROM THE NEST!!!\

AS FOR YOU A STAR IS BORN QUSTION, NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO WIN THE BIGGIE, THAT DYNAMIC SONG YOU BET!   TO ALL, WHICH A STAR IS BORN DO YOU RATE THE HIGHEST???    THANK YOU & THANK YOU FOR LISTENING ABOUT THE TRUE "QUEEN"  (P.S. For Ga Ga fans, run over to & punch in her doing an 100th Anniversary special to *THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD: FRANCIS (Albert) SINATRA-(l9l5-l998) It'S MARVELOUS AS HE WOULDA SAID.

2 minutes ago, spence said:

I liked A STAR IS BORN (2019) ($235m. domestically) & gave it full 3 stars out of four. ESPECIALLY THAT SONG "SHALLOW" which before leaving the theatre knew it would take home o. siong statuette! & MUST ADEMIT & MUST CONFESS, I FEEL I KINDA' KNOW YOU/MY FELLOW TCM-ITES AFTER A QUATER OF A CENTURY & CAN ADMIT PLUS, KNOW MANY WILL EITHER MAKE FUN OR JUST DONT UNDERSTYSAND, WHATEVER?

I AM DEEPLY "IN LOVE"-(not only "Love") WITH MADONNA (Louise Veronica Ciccone) (l958-) OVER 55 YEARS NOW & ALWATYS GETTING STRIONGER, THING IS, GA GA I MUST ADMIT IS A SUPERIOR ACTRESS-(NOTE: BUT MAKE NO ISTAKE, NOWHERE NEAR THE MUSICIAN, CHOREOGRAOHER, DANCER, DRUMMER-(her debut instrument back around age 17 to 20), GUITAR PLATER & NOW LOUISE HAD TRANSFORMED YET AGAIN-(she likes to about every month, since she was a teenager!), TO HEAVY METAL . CAN YOU FANS DIG THIS, SHE IS 28 YEARSOLDER THEN LADY GA HA! IN PERSPECTIVE, MY GURL HAS UNDERWEAR & SHOES OLDER THEN HER!!! BUT, WHAT MADONNA HAS SO GRACIOUSLY DONE AST 20yRS WITH YOUNGER ARTISTS-(by the way, she dislikes being called a SINGER, BUT A PERFORMANCE ARTIST INSTEAD) SHE HAS LINDA' PASSED THE TORCH ONTO THE LIKES OF LADY GA GA-9who's seen her last name, a mouthfull & even longer then Madonna's & also ITALIAN!)  WORLD RECALLS THE DNAMIC DUP'S BIG FEUD, A COMEDY BIT TO HELP PROPELL LADY IS ALL< THEY ARE BUDDIES! NOT SO WITH ELTON JOHN & MADONNA THOUGH, EVER SIONCE AN INCIDEMNT IN 2002 WHICH I WON"T GO INTO. B. SPEARS, C. AGGULLERA, GWEN STEFANI, JUSTIN TIMBERRLAKE, MOLLY CYRUS & OTHERS SHE's GHAPPILY DONE THIS FOR & WILL CONTUINUE TO DO SO< O< ANOTHER ARIANA GRANDES MOST RECENTLY!   IN ESSENSE "MOTHER" HAS FREED THEM FROM THE NEST!!!\

AS FOR YOU A STAR IS BORN QUSTION, NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO WIN THE BIGGIE, THAT DYNAMIC SONG YOU BET!   TO ALL, WHICH A STAR IS BORN DO YOU RATE THE HIGHEST???    THANK YOU & THANK YOU FOR LISTENING ABOUT THE TRUE "QUEEN"  (P.S. For Ga Ga fans, run over to & punch in her doing an 100th Anniversary special to *THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD: FRANCIS (Albert) SINATRA-(l9l5-l998) It'S MARVELOUS AS HE WOULDA SAID.

I honestly have not seen Madonna as an actress before, and the latest version of A Star is Born is the only one I've seen, so... I've probably got some catching up to do.

& TO ME MADONNA & GA GA ARE ALWATS CONNECTED! FIORREASOJNS I WRITE ABOUT ABOVE. THEY BOTH SANG EDITH PIAF'S "LI VIE EN ROE" ON STAGE, THOUGH AGAIN & I SIMPLE MAKE MYSELF ILL/NEAUSEAS & SICK, WHEN SAYING THIS, BUT LADY HAS A VOCAL EDGE IN THAT LEGENDARY NUMBER-(P.S. Didn't Andrew "The Diceman" Clay do a fine laid back job in the new A STAR IS BORN by the way?   MY MOTHER WAS AT A BREAST CANCER DR FEW YRS BACK & IN THE WAUITING ROOM THEY SCREEN HAD A BIT ON WITH NO LESS THEN THE LEGWENDARY & NOW 93 YEAR OLD LIVING LEGEND TONY BENNNETT ON DUELING IT OUT WITH GA GA & AS MY MA WAS CORRECT 100% SHE HELD HER OWN WITH BENNETT!-(TRIVIA: My #1 #2 ALL_TIME HERO, IDO, etc *"THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD: FRANCIS (Albert) SINARA-(l95-l998) WAS, OR THEY WERE HOLDING AN 100th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION FOR *FS & MY MOTHER LATER TOLD ME GA GA POUNDED IT OUTLIKE A CERTAIJN BLONDE ITALIAN-(originally brunette) TINY SUINGER VS TONY & I SHRIGGED IT OFF OF COURSE & THEN SAW IT MANY TIMES, SHE HIT THE ULLS EYE ON MS GA GA & TONY TOGETHER  "POWERFUL TOGETHER!" THING IS & IRONICALLY, WHENEVER ASJKED WHO HE THOUGHT WAS THE FINEST LIVING SUINGER, SINATRA WITHOUT PAUSE UISED TO SAY NAT "KING" COLE"(l9l9-65)  ERLIER INBUIS LIFE IT WAS *BING THOUGH-(who knows of the now legendary fight between him, JFK & that **** of **** RFK, plus THE OLD MAN, JODEPH KENNEDY & THE ENTIRE DEBACLE PLANNED MANY MONTHS IN ADVANCE ABOUT JFK ALWAYS WANTING & STAYING AT FRANK'S PALM SPRINGS PAD-(TRIVIA: Cost $18,00 PER NIGHT TO STAY THERENOW, OR DID & HOW THE UNFIORTUNATE PETER LAWFIORD-(l923-084_) TOOK THE FULL & PHYSICAL BRUNT OF THAT AWFUL DAY???) POLITICS ASIDE, IRANK JOHN KENNEDY-(l9l70-3) AMING THE 4 GREATEST EVER< BOBBY MAJES ME SICK & NOW, IT'S ALL COMING OUT ABOUT RFK & WHAT A BACK STABBER HE WAS  BIG-TIME!  SEE, THEY NEED ILLINOIS TO BEAT NIXOJN ONLY, IT WAS NARROW, SO FRANK'S CLOSEST MAFIOSO CHRONIE WAS SAM "MOMO" GIANCANA-(l908-075) & HE RAN CHICAGO & VOTERS,etc  I NEVER THOU*GHT ITWAS JOHN AS MUCH AS WEASAL BOBBY THOUGH THAT USED FRANK & THE RAT PACK, SINATRA KNEW THIS ABOUT BOBBY-(you'll never catch a single alone shot of those 2 together!) OBVIOUSLY NIXON WON & BY A NARROW MARGIN IN ILLINOIS ONLY. THE KENNEDY'S IMMEDIATELY FCUT OFF THE RAT PACK AFTER IT WAS OVER!? THE COOL AS A CUCUBRR DIO TRIED TOTELL FRANCIS THIS WAS EXACTLY HOW IT WAS GONNA HAPPEN< BUT HE DIDN"T LISTEMN> (TRIVIA: *SINATRA ALSO A TRUE TO LIFE HERO, SAME DAY OF JFK, HIS SON WAS KIDNAPED IN 1963-(dig this, that kidnapper later became wealthy in real estate) THE 2 NAPPERS TOLD HIM HE WAS TO BRIG I THINK EITHER A MILLION OR @ ONLY IN CASH & NO COPS UP TO MULHOLLAND IVE-(been up there 3 times, yrs later of course) FRANK KEPT HIS WORD & WENT ALONE & WITH THE $DOUGH$ IT WENT A OK THOUGH & ALL FRANK,JR'S MOTHER KET TELLING THE MEDIA-(typically Italian) IS WE MUST RUN & GET THIS BOY SOMETHING TO EAT NOW  unquote. (SOMEWHAT OF AN UPDATE OR THOSE NOT AWARE YET: I was watching & listening to a recent interview with FRANK, JR SINATRA-(l944-2008) & people on youtube kept praising how great & thin & composed he looked-(though this was yrs later of course) I didn't have the heart to tell all on there, he just dropped dead on stage of a heart attack at only ae 72, a full decade younger then his more then legendary pop! & yet Tina-(l948-) is a sweetie, but NANCY-(l940-) the one he out all his estate in, to put it mildly is a MEGA**** GO FIGURE?  For more interested FS, Jr often appeared as himself on all-timer THE SOPRANOS!   Nobody ever spoke of just why he went away so quickly? Now, for those more into THE SINATRA FAMILY TREE & HISTORY! His pop died at age 77 in 1969, ex boxer & fireman. Heart attack all of a sudden,. Here is THE KICKER, his ma' was about age 82-(his eventual sage in '98) & was on the way to see her boy I think it was Tahoe in a rather small plane around 1977, PLANE CRASHED, NO SURVIVIORS!!! More of a kicker & irony, this same & said to be cursed mammoth Mexican mountain, exact same mt Dino's son was killed in in 1977 in the AF Mexicans insist it's cursed, have it's name in y books. Of course our *CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD was devastated, nowhere near what happened though to Dean Martin-(l9l7-97) after his son & that mountain. He literally shut down all say, including JERRY LEWIS For remaining 10yrs of Dino's life Jerry, Frank, Sammy sad he was a walking corpse. See, the famed 1976 MDA telethon get together, where Dino, Jerry & FS got them all back together, didn't really hold & vs what most say, Frank insists he did not arrange it?  Dino & Jerry immediately drew apart again just after, but it was within final yrs where Martin would go out sit alone in a restaurant & only drink scotch,etc that Lewis reconnected with him & then they got tighter again, but it apparently was too late y now Dino stopped eating   (THIS ONE EVEN FRANCIS ALBERT COULD FIX!)

(TRIVIA: In 1952 they shared as #1 Annual $B.O.$ champions)

& for some reason they all chose to be laid to rest far apart from each other?

*SINATRA CHOSE PALM SPRINGS TO BE INTERRED "DESERT MEMORIAL PARK" & much to the stunning surprise of his fans that visit, or even see the photo of his grave, it's amazingly modest!? CFHECK OT OUT FOR CURIOUSITY & all he was laid to rest with was a bottle of Jack Daniels, Red Scarf, pocketful of change, reckon in case he hit the slots somewhere & 1 other tidbit (4) items A watch pf somekind, gotta, talk radio fan,  look it up? (HEART ATTACK A CEDARS SI NI HOSPITAL)   Only as of a few months ago fans could stay overnight in his fmr PS home-(1 floor) for $18,000 all night! (TRIVIA/FAX: He pd for lots of other celebs & anymonymusly  Joe Louis-(among is idols!), was having open heart surgery & sufferered a stroke in the mids of it! & got actor Lee J. Cobb out of the notorious Vegas black book, getting Cob back into Las Vegas. Bela Lugosi so broke upon his 1956 death/funeral *Frank financed entire thing anonymously again! & a ton more! Devoted many children's hospital wings. When Sammy Davis Jr-(l925-90) lost his eye in auto crash, *Frank was the only one to help, due to no hospitals taking blacks diring that early period. So, he drove Sammy around all-time!

As for Dino Crocetti (l9l7-l995)-(died like Chaplin & W.C,. Fields on Christmas day) Crocetti, he chose tiny 3 & 1/2 acre WESTWOOD, CEM. (Emphysema)  Also same little park where likes of Marilyn Monroe-(close by same wall) NATALIE WOOD, 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings