Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A question, be honest but not creul please??? & Hollywood vs. The real exotic clubs

spence

FIRST & FOREMOST!  NEED TO CLEAR SOME THINGS UO BETWEEN PEOPLE-(sick & disabled & were extremely hard working four decades, until our bodies went south)

CLEAR THINGS UP WITH THIS VENTING POST OF MINE> I know many of you on here hate her, welp, some like or still love her  She's always had that type of personality  LOVE OR HATE?

(PLEASE EXCUSE SLOPPY WRITING BELOW,. FURIOUS, IN PAIN & SOMEWHAT OF A BRAIN TUMOR!)

Among the most astounding things about this lady nobody can ever take away from her though is unlike a Kardashian, M. Jackson-(YUL, PIG) & so many others, nobody gave her 1 inkling of help in the beginning, SHE BUILT HERSELF & NAME ALL THE WAY UP FROPMTHE GROUND!

This despite her mama dying when she was only a little gal of age 5 in 1963! & her then much more rigged papa got giving her a solid dime when she left a age 17/18 for NYC-(which she now calls a huge & frightening place, upon her arrival at about age 20?51 she was viscously raped at her throat on top of her bldg. Some other scum put a gun to her head & as she says, she got ribbed so many times she just stopped locking the door!   She had no any assistance in learning her musical instruments-likes of Jackson, Houston, Prince-(the latter disgusts me almost as much as Jackson, due to him just wanting to get high in his elevetor & taking an entire pocket of painkillers-(always 4-get the name of them) etc) On top of which Prince didn't even have anykind of physical pain at the time. The 5'2 inch tiny addict just had to help put feul to the fire of true DISABLED-(HA HA!) that take & needs their meds had a soring board to start, NOT HER!   In total what he wanted was yet another BUZZ. Just disregard handicapped people that have to be left here, O well, likes of himself doesn't care  WHAT THE.... RIGHT!  Pred more of a buzz & the others are left in his wake. All the while she kept up that beautifully smiling face=(& asked 2 days ago in an online ASk the Fans Interview what was her best feature, without pause she said "Her Eyes" Unquote, despite al the god awful diversity, she put up with because just KNEW she'd make it sometime!  If thigs were that darn awful for this infividual,l why didn]'   See t6hese docs love to still prescribe anykind of mds-(need 'erm pr not) because of the celebrity involved. 

t he just man up like *ROBIN WILLIAMS instead? The geniuses himself never, ever woulda wanted to inflict his later problems on people after he went away. 

See, I have personally dealt with this nonsense over 3yrs, about 85% of first my ma & I making the outfits,. costumes & other things from THE EXOTIC DANCERS  dating back to the early & even mid 1980's onward  Not around that life style anymore. My mother made the costumes for about (1984-2012 28yrs) & as for myself quarter of a century (l987-2012) Started out w/such things as pasties, bottoms i.e. underwear, le warmers, bras, capes-(ack when they liked to look sexy anyway ) Then as times went by they just didn't care about keeping up appearances any,ore  Just drinking, drugs & you can figure in the rest!?    I gotta admit & did fine at my job-(even still own business cards) then the bottom fell out in the4se places BIG-TIME!\\I grew up with the girls, literally. My age even  & LET ME KNOW YOU TRUE, IT AIN'T LIKE THE SUPERCIAL HOLLYWOD FILMS LIKE "SHOWGIRLS" (l995) ($20mn. gross) OR THE WORST 1996 "STRIPTEASE" ($33m.)  BUT ONE MOVIE HIT THE BULL ON THE HEAD IN TERMS (F THEIR LIFESTYLE & ALL< A SMALL INDIE OFTEN AIRED "DANCING AT THE BLUE IGUANA" (**1/2) don't care for Daryl Hannah, but Oscar contender Jennifer-(not Meg) Tilly is dead on as a forgotten stripper, among other things! She actually deserved a 2nd shot at a S. Actress nomination for it! & by the way always liked Burt Reynolds-(l936-2018) but had some of his most phony & asinine roles in Demi Moore's 1996 STRIPTEASE (*) ($33m.)   When you a teenage & 290 some old buy, TIME OF YOUR LIFE,l but it gets old & sometimes FAST!   I WAS IN 7th HEAVEN FOR YRS SPORTSFANS! Think (t wrote of it, but in case 1995's epic by Verhoeven really as a huge & absurb fantasy. You know him he directed ROBOCOP, TOTAL RECALL & OTHERS

Must admit, like any other red blooded 20, 30 & even 40yr old guy, I certainly had a TIME!, But it wears thin, & this isn't creul, but fact, I should know being around & living with them for t6rs  Most true do have mental & drug problems, though as my late grandmother said of mn "NO WONDER, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE THEM & HAD TO ACT LIKE A PIG FOR A LIVING" UNQUOTE  So, obviously like any alcoholic & others of that ilk, they wanted to slow down everything. 

SORRY TO VENT, JUST SAW JACKSON, PRINCE,etc AGAIN & THEY ARE STARTING-(just a tinge thank god) TO THROW MY "LOVE" MADONNA IN THERE WiITH THE REST, WHY THOUGH?  She was never into hard drugs-(loves her grass as she calls it), wine, pain pills, you ge thrown from horses 3-4 times! Plus, on her old regiment since marrying *SEAN, (l985-89) she religiously every day did RUNNING, BICYCLE RIDING, YOGA, WEIGHT TRAINING & OF COURSE HER DANCING   & ALL THE CHROPREOGRAOHER SHE DOES & FROM SUCH A TINY THING, WAS ONCE 5'4 114lbs &DIG THIS SHOE SUIZE IS AN 8'  HE GOT HER INTO THE WGT TRAIING

NOT TO TAKE TOO LONG & BREAK HER DIWN ONLY A MINISCULE   (MORE LATER ORAS TYEY SAY TO BE CIONTINUE$D )

I know of her (correspondence every few months, when she gets bored the4sdays. She's going on age 61-(ironicfally same date ELVIS went on August 16th, 1977) But, she was only 19 then of course (AN ASIDE: FOR LADY GA GA FANS< DIG THIS, MADONNA IS STUNNINGLY (28) YEARS HER SENIOR!  LOUISE HAS SIOCKS OLDER THEN THE TALENTED SINGER, HU? I EAS STUNNED WHEN FIRST HEARING ABOUT THIS!  EXAMPLE: LADY GA GA WAS 6 WHEN MADONNA FIRST HIT IT BIG!!!) ON THE MMUSUCAL FRONT HER IDOL IS DAVID BOWIE BY THE WAY, SONG IMAGINE, IDOLS DIETRICH, MONROE, & DON"T THINK SHE'LL MIND, HOPE NOT> LIFE & DEATH FOR ME FOLKS. SHE ACTUALLY STILL SCARES ME A 54 YEAR OLD BIG IRISH MUG, MORE THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL ON EARTH!!! HER SHOE SIZE IS AN '8!   (TONS OF MORE FUN FAX & WORKING-(maybe) ON PRODUCIJNG ANOTHER FILM, MOST HAD NO IDEA THIS WOMAN-(hates being called Singer, Performance Artist)& HAES MADGE!!! AMNG REASONS SHE LEFT ENGLAND, HUh, HUH,    CAN'T STOP, & FIR THOSE THAT SAY HEY, SHE'S NOT A MOVIE STAR (27 MOTION PICTURES TO DATE@!) GOLDEN GLOBE-("Evita") 2 SINGS WON THE GOLDEN BOY-(though singer doesn't kate that home, just the writer)    & AGAIN, MADONNA (Louise Veronica) CICCONE YOU MUST FINALLY BREAKDOWN & GET A HOLLYWOOD WAKLK OF FAME STAR BY NOW, I NAG. REMEMBER WHEN SHE BLOCKED OFF TRAFFIC ON H. BLVD TO HAVE HER MAMMOTH PHOTOS TAKEN ALL OVER "ROOSEVELT HOTEL" (2007) WHATS THE DIFFEENCE?

PLEASE AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING TIS TIME, BETTER THEN TALKING ABOUT GEORGE JESSELL, HUH?

(P.S. By no means "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN THAT HAS LIVED", BUT "THE SEXIEST!" & "THEE CLOOLEST!"  Couldn't believe the recently gone S. King once write a nice article for either here pr PREMIERE-)bet they'd conduct such fans surveys, always did) HEADING WAS "THE COOLEST ACTORS ALIVE" *his candidates around 2007) WHO ARE YOURS?

Men> Alive of course, otherwise my tops would be (SINATRA, ELVIS, & "KING OF THE MOVIE COOL: McQUEEN"-(sick of that shirt too, I used that nickname when I was 12 about Steven???) Sinatra, Elvis & Steve McQueen & Steve was my very first hero, idol, role model as a kid age 9 to 15)

De Niro, Clooney, Denzel, Freeman, Spacey, but this was a frw yrs ago!? & C. Slater is another cool guy

WHERE IS THE HELL IS M.A.D.O.N.N.A.?-(despite whte house announcement?), Maryl Elizabeth Mastrantonio & Spacey was in there then!, Of course Nicholson & only 3 of the ladies Steven King voted on?

Jodie Foster, Holly Hunter  & Frances McDormand?

YOUR THOUGHTS???

Must cast a vite for my mom (ROBYNE E. SHANNON) 1st of all, she loathes MADONNA-(the Veronica was her idea to add on yrs later, but MADONNA was her ma's actual nane &hers')

BY A LABDSLIDE FOR HER  ELVIS (Aaron) PRESLEY-(l935-l977) But many yrs before he koeft & back before his 1958 Army stint, she was local president & chapter of Delaware section of his fan club!)

ALSO-RAN FOR HER AS "COOLEST:  BRUCE!!!

What exactly is your question? 

"BE HONEST BUT NOT CRUEL PLEASE??? & HOLLYWOOD VS. THE REAL EXOTIC CLUBS"

Are you asking to compare Hollywood depiction vs Real Exotic Clubs? 

When I was 15 my playground was Times Square/42nd Street before the "exotic club" era.

Mayor Fiorello La Guardia banned burlesque in New York City on April 30, 1937.  14 burlesque theaters were refused the renewal of their licenses, effectively banning burlesque in New York. About six months later, burlesque producers were opening new venues by calling their shows “follies” or “reviews,” while enterprising producers like Mike Todd (Elizabeth Taylor’s third husband) flouted the ban by putting burlesque performers in legit Broadway theaters. When the popularity of the jazz clubs of 52nd Street began to lose clientele burlesque picked up the slack. Eventually by '65 Times Square was sprinkled with topless gogo bars and strip joints that were either small clubs where the dancers danced on the bar top, or hole in the wall theaters with burlesque shows on small 12 x 12' stages competing with live nude girl peep shows with viewing booths. There were no "exotic clubs."  

Lived in Montana after '72 where strip shows were all in bars/lounges, nothing too fancy or ornate. Didn't visit a real "exotic club" till I was back in NY in the late 90's. Most of these upstate places have no DJ canned music that the girls themselves provide and a small stage with fixed lights. Never been to anything as big as depicted in a Hollywood film but I'd assume these exist someplace.

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings