Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Rise of Skywalker

Defenestrator

Since the first trailer dropped for the final chapter in the nine-part Skywalker story of the "Star Wars" saga, as follows ...

I thought I should add a thread after not finding one here.

It looks good to me. With the movie title presented as "The Rise of Skywalker," personally I hope they change it. Since this is the final chapter of Star Wars Proper, I wonder how everyone would feel about my suggestion:

"The Galactic Curtain"

Or maybe they could save that one for a few years from now, when people visiting a theater are surprised by a trailer ending with the outline of an "X."

• Like 1

I think this should be an interesting addition to the Star Wars saga. I'll admit I got a tad emotional upon seeing Carrie Fisher in the teaser... It's still strange that she's gone. With a title like "Rise of Skywalker," it almost leads one to believe that Disney isn't done making "Star Wars" content... 

• Like 1

I thought it was funny that one of the local news reports about the release of the trailer showed the tiny part with Lando's laugh and referred to it as the return of a sinister cackle, apparently unaware that people who may have suggested such a thing were talking about the Emperor's laugh at the end of the trailer.

I recall when "The Empire Strikes Back" was originally reviewed on WCBS in New York by Dennis Cunningham, he gave it an enthusiastic 8 out of 10 and then said something about Wookiees to anchorman Rolland Smith, who knew nothing about "Star Wars," resulting in the following exchange in the next five seconds before a commercial break:

Smith: What's a Wookie?

Cunningham (feeling rushed): Um ... er ... Chewbacca was one.

Smith (after a pause): Well that helps.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Defenestrator said:

It looks good to me. With the movie title presented as "The Rise of Skywalker," personally I hope they change it. Since this is the final chapter of Star Wars Proper, I wonder how everyone would feel about my suggestion:

"The Galactic Curtain"

Or maybe they could save that one for a few years from now, when people visiting a theater are surprised by a trailer ending with the outline of an "X."

It wouldn't work for now. According to our longtime "Star Wars" emthusiast HoldenIsHere, the subtitles of the current trilogy have been designed to form a sentence. So we now know it says:

THE FORCE AWAKENS THE LAST JEDI -- THE RISE OF SKYWALKER.

• Like 1

Here's an interview with Ian McDiarmid from Monday's edition of Star Wars Celebration Chicago. You can tell he's enjoying every minute of his return to the movie franchise. I must say I never saw it coming.

• Thanks 1

If you wanted to write something into this final chapter, what would it be? Perhaps some kind of explanation why Luke had no memory of his mother while Leia remembered she was sad, for example.

My choice: I would like for a third brother, Seedo, to be seeking revenge against Lando for his part in the death of Beedo, while mentioning the earlier death of their brother Greedo, with Seedo's dialogue in his own language with subtitles:

Lando: Why are you still mad about Greedo? The surveillance showed that he drew against Han first.

Seedo (translation): That surveillance was altered. Solo drew first!

And maybe they could have some line from Lando not to disturb Chewbacca because it was "Life Day." Would that be the first and only acknowledgment of the "Holiday Special" to make it into the films, other than its introduction of Boba Fett, that is?

On 4/15/2019 at 11:04 PM, jakeem said:

It wouldn't work for now. According to our longtime "Star Wars" emthusiast HoldenIsHere, the subtitles of the current trilogy have been designed to form a sentence. So we now know it says:

THE FORCE AWAKENS THE LAST JEDI -- THE RISE OF SKYWALKER.

Of course it's not really a sentence if it relies on an em dash to change course in the middle of it. If that was the intent, perhaps this movie should be called "With Coffee"?

THE FORCE AWAKENS THE LAST JEDI WITH COFFEE

But in all seriousness backing up what you've said, I've also read that it's possible the use of skywalker is not a proper name but a new kind of knight replacing the jedi, which does give different meaning to that sentence of sorts.

• Haha 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings