Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TomJH

"A Battle For The Soul Of This Nation" - You Tell 'Em, Joe!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

bWDtvjv7_bigger.jpg

New @foxnewspoll@JoeBiden leads @realDonaldTrump in a head-to-head matchup. Among his base of support, Biden leads with suburban women 57% to 34% and people 65+ with 57% to 38%
 
Image
6:36 PM · Mar 27, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

 

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

bWDtvjv7_bigger.jpg

.@JoeBiden also gets high marks in the poll for promising to pick a woman as VP with 63% approving the move. Here we some hypothetical matchups with a woman on the ticket:
 
Image
6:39 PM · Mar 27, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Diversity is the strength of America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Not a joke, folks, we just launched our new podcast. It’s called "Here's the Deal." For our first episode, I sat down with Ron Klain, former White House Ebola Response Coordinator, for a discussion on COVID-19.
 
en at https://JoeBiden.com/Heres-The-Deal or wherever you get your podcasts.
 
:unsure:
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden releases plans to expand Medicare, forgive student debt

".......Biden announced Thursday he would lower the Medicare eligibility age to 60 and forgive federal student debt for low-income and middle-class people who attended public colleges and universities, historically black colleges and universities (HBCU), and underfunded minority-serving institution (MSI).

The proposals mark an initial olive branch to supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), some of whom have expressed skepticism at Biden’s centrist brand of politics and were dismayed when the Vermont progressive withdrew from the race Wednesday. Biden specifically referenced Sanders’s advocacy for the two issues in a Medium post announcing his plans.

“I believe that as we are being plunged into what is likely to be one of the most volatile and difficult economic times in this country’s recent history, we can take these critical steps to help make it easier for working people to make ends meet,” Biden wrote.

“Senator Sanders and his supporters can take pride in their work in laying the groundwork for these ideas, and I’m proud to adopt them as part of my campaign......."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/492063-biden-releases-plans-to-expand-medicare-forgive-student-debt

:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jakeem said:

iv53EUUj_bigger.jpg

As the coronavirus pandemic nears its peak in the U.S., the federal government is set to end funding for community-based testing sites on Friday, meaning some of those sites will close.
 
2:55 PM · Apr 9, 2020·SocialFlow

 

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

oneP6BrA_bigger.jpg

I can't believe I have to say this, but we should be expanding the number of testing sites and surging the number of tests — not reducing them. Testing is key to finding a way out of this crisis.
 
4:27 PM · Apr 9, 2020·Twitter Web App

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Biden releases plans to expand Medicare, forgive student debt

".......Biden announced Thursday he would lower the Medicare eligibility age to 60 and forgive federal student debt for low-income and middle-class people who attended public colleges and universities, historically black colleges and universities (HBCU), and underfunded minority-serving institution (MSI).

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/492063-biden-releases-plans-to-expand-medicare-forgive-student-debt

:huh:

Hopefully this will not cost him the election, but it will cost him some votes.  The question is how will the government pay for it?  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Hopefully this will not cost him the election, but it will cost him some votes.  The question is how will the government pay for it?  

He will gain more votes than he will lose.  You are either all in for Trump or not by now.   And in States like your own, it hardly matters.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

He will gain more votes than he will lose.  You are either all in for Trump or not by now.   And in States like your own, it hardly matters.

I agree Biden will gain more votes than he loses,  BUT, mostly in blue states like CA and NY,  where Trump lost by wide margins in 2016.

So the only useful question here is:  will Biden gain or lose more votes in the states Trump or Clinton won by less than 3%.

My gut tells me he will lose some votes in those states for moving "left" but not enough to cost him.    But my POV is driven more by hope than any actual data.   (so again,  I would like to see polling data,  by states,  for these "less than 3%" states).

    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree Biden will gain more votes than he loses,  BUT, mostly in blue states like CA and NY,  where Trump lost by wide margins in 2016.

So the only useful question here is:  will Biden gain or lose more votes in the states Trump or Clinton won by less than 3%.

My gut tells me he will lose some votes in those states for moving "left" but not enough to cost him.    But my POV is driven more by hope than any actual data.   (so again,  I would like to see polling data,  by states,  for these "less than 3%" states).

    

I know 2016 was a lifetime ago but did not Sanders do better than Clinton in the primaries in those States?

Part of me still finds d it hard to believe that Trump still has support despite being the total incompetent hole that he is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

He will gain more votes than he will lose.  You are either all in for Trump or not by now.   And in States like your own, it hardly matters.

Hope you are not implying that I am all in for Trump or not.  I assume you mean voters, but there are still a lot in the battleground states that are undecided.  They may not like Trump or things he has done, but will they overcome their inclination to trend moderate-conservative in voting vs. voting for a candidate who espouses Socialist policies?

58 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I know 2016 was a lifetime ago but did not Sanders do better than Clinton in the primaries in those States?

Part of me still finds d it hard to believe that Trump still has support despite being the total incompetent hole that he is.  

It doesn't matter how Clinton, Sanders or anyone else did in the Democratic primaries in battleground states.  It matters whether or not the Dem. candidate can win in a general election.  Trump won when the moderate Republicans and independents voted for him.  And too many Dems did not bother to vote at all.

James' replay sums it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheCid said:

The question is how will the government pay for it?  

How is the gov gonna pay for the trillion dollar stimulus they just passed and the handful more that they want to pass?  That didn't stop them at all did it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cigarjoe said:

How is the gov gonna pay for the trillion dollar stimulus they just passed and the handful more that they want to pass?  That didn't stop them at all did it?

You have a point, but it is different.  The stimulus bills are to save the country from the effects of Covid 19 Pandemic.  Most (all) people support that, even if they disagree with parts of it.

However, lowering Medicare age and forgiving existing student loans is something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

This is a bad idea. A really bad one, on multiple levels - for starters, it threatens the integrity of Dem voter data & puts Nov prospects in hands of a shady firm w/ a failed track record.

Plenty of orgs bid for contracts. I hope there is enough good sense to reject this one. https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1248686918730240000 

 
So Bloomberg figured out that it’s cheaper to buy Biden than win himself? Or does he just want to make use of all those people he hired and promised to pay through the election? Recall that one reason his campaign fizzed out despite its ginormous spend wasn’t just his record but the fact that his rapidly assembled media team had zero loyalty to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden tells Sanders in endorsement live stream,

'You don't get enough credit, Bernie'

 

"........Sanders offered Biden his endorsement, something Biden called a "big deal" while telling Sanders "you just made me" the Democratic nominee and heaping praise on his former primary competitor.

"You've been the most powerful voice for a fair and more just America," Biden told Sanders.

"...You don't get enough credit, Bernie, for being the voice that forces us to take a hard look in the mirror and ask ourselves, 'Have we done enough?' And we haven't."

Biden, who during the stream said it's not "good enough" to go "back to the way things were before" after the coronavirus crisis, also embraced Sanders' 2020 campaign slogan of "not me, us" and asked the senator's supporters to join him.

"Thank you for being so generous," Biden told Sanders ............

https://theweek.com/speedreads/908409/john-oliver-doesnt-want-america-back-normal-after-coronavirus-pandemic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

3h

It's clear

@JoeBiden

needs to pick as his vice presidential candidate someone he can immediately declare his coronavirus czar, freeing him up to fix the thousands of missteps in US domestic and foreign policy the current president produced.

I see @SenWarren

in that role.

----------------------------------

Meanwhile,
@JoeBiden\ will *also* need someone who can, as AG, restore rule of law in America,
including reinstating investigations AG Barr improperly squashed and ensuring that the most corrupt presidency in U.S. history is properly investigated.
 
I see  @KamalaHarris
in that role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

3h

It's clear

@JoeBiden

needs to pick as his vice presidential candidate someone he can immediately declare his coronavirus czar, freeing him up to fix the thousands of missteps in US domestic and foreign policy the current president produced.

I see @SenWarren

in that role.

----------------------------------

Meanwhile,
@JoeBiden\ will *also* need someone who can, as AG, restore rule of law in America,
including reinstating investigations AG Barr improperly squashed and ensuring that the most corrupt presidency in U.S. history is properly investigated.
 
I see  @KamalaHarris
in that role.

I wonder if Harris would view being AG as a step up from being a US Senator from the largest state in the nation.

As for Warren as V.P.     Poor choice and she would only drag down the ticket in the key "purple" states that Biden has to win this time,  that Clinton lost.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

3h

It's clear

@JoeBiden

needs to pick as his vice presidential candidate someone he can immediately declare his coronavirus czar, freeing him up to fix the thousands of missteps in US domestic and foreign policy the current president produced.

I see @SenWarren

in that role.

----------------------------------

Meanwhile,
@JoeBiden\ will *also* need someone who can, as AG, restore rule of law in America,
including reinstating investigations AG Barr improperly squashed and ensuring that the most corrupt presidency in U.S. history is properly investigated.
 
I see  @KamalaHarris
in that role.

I don't see this at all.  First, Biden should pick a czar that is not vice-president.   The vice-president needs to get involved in all the other political work needed to restore American democracy.

As for Harris, she was AG of CA and I have heard there were issues.  She could be AG I guess and her experience as a senator may actually help.

The biggest issue is no matter who Biden nominates for any cabinet position, they have to get past Mitch McConnell and the GOPer senate.  Would Warren and Harris do more for Biden as senators?   Also, I don't see either one getting more Dem votes in Nov in battleground states, maybe less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VP is a pretty weak, mostly honorary,  position in most cases

maybe the strong progressives should stay in the Senate

:unsure:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

3h

It's clear

@JoeBiden

needs to pick as his vice presidential candidate someone he can immediately declare his coronavirus czar, freeing him up to fix the thousands of missteps in US domestic and foreign policy the current president produced.

I see @SenWarren

in that role.

----------------------------------

Meanwhile,
@JoeBiden\ will *also* need someone who can, as AG, restore rule of law in America,
including reinstating investigations AG Barr improperly squashed and ensuring that the most corrupt presidency in U.S. history is properly investigated.
 
I see  @KamalaHarris
in that role.

Enough of the nonsense and foreign interference.  Adam Schiff for AG all the way.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...