Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"A Battle For The Soul Of This Nation" - You Tell 'Em, Joe!


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

I'd be surprised. Hillary Clinton was polling 3-4% ahead of Trump nationally. And she almost won electorally. Biden has been polling 8-10% ahead of Trump consistently for months. And it's not just New York and California that are giving him that lead. 

It will come down to the battleground states:  FL, PA, WI, MI and then NC, OH, AZ.  Supposedly PA may decide it all and that one is a toss-up at this point.

A lot of Republican leaning voters do NOT vote early and are expected to show up at the polls tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ElCid said:

It will come down to the battleground states:  FL, PA, WI, MI and then NC, OH, AZ.  Supposedly PA may decide it all and that one is a toss-up at this point.

A lot of Republican leaning voters do NOT vote early and are expected to show up at the polls tomorrow. 

Actually, Texas is more of a toss up - less than 2 point lead for Trump - than Pennsylvania is. Biden is ahead by five points in PA. I am going by 538.com because it averages a bunch of polls together and weights by past accuracy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

Actually, Texas is more of a toss up - less than 2 point lead for Trump - than Pennsylvania is. Biden is ahead by five points in PA. I am going by 538.com because it averages a bunch of polls together and weights by past accuracy. 

It was wrong in 2016, but supposedly it and others fixed the problems that resulted in faulty information.  I relied on 538 in 2016.

Regardless, this election is going to the courts.  If it gets to Supreme Court, Trump wins.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ElCid said:

It was wrong in 2016, but supposedly it and others fixed the problems that resulted in faulty information.  I relied on 538 in 2016.

Regardless, this election is going to the courts.  If it gets to Supreme Court, Trump wins.

Yeah, but won't it be interesting to see what kind of convoluted logic the now 5 conservative idiots on that court will utilize to make sure that that happens???

MY guess? Well, it'll be somethin' along the lines that when George Washington was first voted in as POTUS back in 1788-89, it wasn't done in ANY way like THIS election. Nope, NONE of these newfangled ways of voters having their choices counted were done back when the framers set up this whole shebang. And so NATURUALLY how we do it today would be ruled "unconstitutional", and thus leading to Fat Boy's reelection. 

(...what, you gotta BETTER one?...well, lemme hear it then, but I'm stickin' with those conservative idiots doin' EXACTLY what I said here, dude...EXACTLY what I said here, and because of course ALL five of those idiots are avowed "strict Constitutionalists"!)  ;)

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, but won't it be interesting to see what kind of convoluted logic the now 5 conservative idiots on that court will utilize to make sure that that happens???

MY guess? Well, it'll be somethin' along the lines that when George Washington was first voted in as POTUS back in 1788-89, it wasn't done in ANY way like THIS election. Nope, NONE of these newfangled ways of voters having their choices counted were done back when the framers set up this whole shebang. And so NATURUALLY how we do it today would be ruled "unconstitutional", and thus leading to Fat Boy's reelection. 

(...what, you gotta BETTER one?...well, lemme hear it then, but I'm stickin' with those conservative idiots doin' EXACTLY what I said here, dude...EXACTLY what I said here, and because of course ALL five of those idiots are avowed "strict Constitutionalists"!)  ;)

LOL

To emphasize, in 1788-89, the legislatures elected the electors in most states.  Only two states had anything resembling a popular vote for the candidates/electors.  Also there was that they voted for two candidates.  One with most votes became president and second became vice-president.

 I am firmly convinced that if it gets to the US Supreme Court, they will decide by 5-4 at least to give the presidency to Trump.  Of course their law clerks will be working very hard to try and find some rationalization for denying the right for millions of Americans to have their legal votes counted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ElCid said:

... I am firmly convinced that if it gets to the US Supreme Court, they will decide by 5-4 at least to give the presidency to Trump.  Of course their law clerks will be working very hard to try and find some rationalization for denying the right for millions of Americans to have their legal votes counted.

And thus the very reason I called those five "idiots" in my previous post, as in my view there should not be a single one of them sitting on that court who aligns their political beliefs with EITHER a conservative OR a liberal bent.

Nope, every one of them, all nine of them, should be a Centrist or else they shouldn't have been confirmed in the first place.

(...yeah, I know...what a pipe dream THAT is, huh)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ElCid said:

To emphasize, in 1788-89, the legislatures elected the electors in most states.  Only two states had anything resembling a popular vote for the candidates/electors.  Also there was that they voted for two candidates.  One with most votes became president and second became vice-president.

 I am firmly convinced that if it gets to the US Supreme Court, they will decide by 5-4 at least to give the presidency to Trump.  Of course their law clerks will be working very hard to try and find some rationalization for denying the right for millions of Americans to have their legal votes counted.

Not 6-3? You think Barrett will recuse herself? I don't think its going there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Not 6-3? You think Barrett will recuse herself? I don't think its going there.

"5-4 at least."  Barrett is one of the "5".  Although I don't rule out a 6-3.

What do you mean by "not going there?"  Barrett not recusing herself [never happen] or the election not going to the Supreme Court?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ElCid said:

"5-4 at least."  Barrett is one of the "5".  Although I don't rule out a 6-3.

What do you mean by "not going there?"  Barrett not recusing herself [never happen] or the election not going to the Supreme Court?

Not going to the Supremes. So you are putting Roberts in the 4 then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hibi said:

Not going to the Supremes. So you are putting Roberts in the 4 then?

At best, but you never know. 

It may not go to the SC, but I wouldn't bet against it.  Trump and the GOPers already have millions of dollars and dozens (hundreds?) of lawyers in place to challenge every state where he lost or may lose in extended counts until he can get 270.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, Hibi said:

Do you think the country would stand for that? I know they might try. As long as Biden wins with a good majority they arent going to prevail.

Most people are saying that Trump has not met the threshold of showing any evidence whatsoever of wrongdoing.  It is all just stamping his feet because he doesn't like the way things are going.  If that is the case any Court would be wise not to take up any such case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Most people are saying that Trump has not met the threshold of showing any evidence whatsoever of wrongdoing.  It is all just stamping his feet because he doesn't like the way things are going.  If that is the case any Court would be wise not to take up any such case.

In America, anybody can sue anybody else or initiate a case before the courts.  The court may reject it, but then it can be appealed.   A court would be wise to reject Trump's claims, but will they be?  

Assuming Biden wins, I like to think that at this juncture even the Republican Supreme Court will reject any filings from Trump unless there is very clear evidence of error or wrongdoing which would affect the outcome of the election.  Trump has made his fortune and his lifestyle based upon suing others or threatening to sue.  It is what he does.

Hopefully, assuming Biden wins, the GOPers are beginning to turn their backs on Trump.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
·

45m

I pledge to be a President who seeks not to divide, but to unify.
Who doesn’t see Red and Blue states,
but a United States.
 
And who will work with all my heart to win the confidence of the whole people...........
 
 
I believe that this is part of the mandate from the American people.
 
They want us to cooperate. That’s the choice I’ll make. And I call on the Congress — Democrats and Republicans alike — to make that choice with me..........
 
Now that the campaign is over—what is the people’s will? What is our mandate? I believe it is this: Americans have called on us to marshal the forces of decency and the forces of fairness.
 
To marshal the forces of science and the forces of hope in the great battles of our time........
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...