Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sesame Street

David Guercio

Does anyone remember a Sesame Street episode from the 90s where Mr Johnson goes to Hoopers for lunch instead of Charlie’s Restaurant?  That way he won’t have to worry about Grover and he has Gina make him a Cheeseburger and then.  Grover calls Hoopers and Bob answers and goes.  It’s for you sir or Mr Johnson.  It’s Grover and he goes.  Oh no and I think Grover asks why aren’t you coming to lunch today sir and Mr Johnson says.  I’m not coming to lunch today.  Because you always bring me the wrong food and Grover says he’ll never do it again and he cry’s and Mr Johnson says.  Alright.  Alright.  I’ll come to lunch and it’s that same segment where he orders a Cheeseburger with French Fries and a Pickle and Grover brings him a Grapefruit on a bun.  Then.  Mr Johnson goes back to Hoopers.  Tells Gina all about what happened and he hopes she still has the Cheeseburger she made him and she gives it to Grover.  I tried to find that one on YouTube.  But I’m not sure they have it.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Hey.  I was just thinking.  Anyone remember the segment on Sesame Street where Bert and Rick Moranis are flying on a plane together and are sitting next to each other and Bert asks the flight attendant how long it will be till they land and she says eproxmently seven hours sir and they both are thinking seven hours whow and they also think that if they talked to each other.  They wouldn’t have anything in common and the flight attendant also says.  In just a few minutes.  We will be serving dinner.  The Chicken or the Fish and Bert asks.  If he could get a bowl of Oatmeal and they both really love Oatmeal and sing Stick Out Your Hand And Say Hello and Rick orders two bowls of hot water so he and Bert could have Oatmeal?  Where do you think they were going and Rick Moranis’s last two movies were actually Disney’s Brother Bear one and two right?

On 4/29/2019 at 8:16 AM, Sepiatone said:

Sorry kid.....

Haven't seen an episode of SESAME STREET since MY kids outgrew it by 1980!  :(  ;) 

Even before that, I think.

I gave up when Jon Stone left the show in the late-80's, Children's Television Workshop folded (or at least circled its wagons into "Sesame Workshop", to start spinoff exports in Kosovo and Palestine), and the whole Street concept started jumping whole oceans of sharks--
I bailed out before we got Ruth Buzzi's dance school around the corner, and that was BEFORE the show split into its new "anthology" format with Grover, Elmo, Abby and...oh, just stay alive until cancellation, Carrol Spinney!  It's only got a year or two left on HBO anyway, and I couldn't watch the show without Big Bird!  Losing all those Richard Hunt characters in the early 90's was traumatic enough!  

(Now, y'see, Dave?  If you're going to manchild-reminisce in lieu of grownup discussion, at least give it some historical context, so that the adults can bother following it too.  Attributed quotes, punctuation and sentence breaks punch up the reading as well.)  😛

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings