Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Discoveries: In the right place at the right time

TopBilled

screen-shot-2019-04-30-at-9.13.26-am.png

I read this yesterday about Glenn Leedy, the kid who played Toby in SONG OF THE SOUTH (1946):

At age 7, while on the playground of the Booker T. Washington school in Phoenix, AZ (where much of the movie was filmed), a talent scout from the Walt Disney movie studios discovered and recruited him for the role of Toby. His family relocated to Los Angeles to help him pursue a career in films.

Imagine going to school one morning and coming home that afternoon having signed a contract with the Disney studio!

• Like 1

I was rewatching Robert Osborne's private screenings last night that was actually shot during 2014, and although Robert had lots of charm and talent, he really did have an awful lot of luck! That almost old world charm, that devotion to scholarship, and just every turn of his life leading him to his dream job. You know I still miss the guy. He died one week after my aunt did, and I am ashamed to admit that I mourned his death more than that of my aunt (and I never had that many aunts!). I still mourn the guy.

And you know, he KNEW he was lucky too! It was just part of what made the guy so lovable!

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings