Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

peter mayhew dead at 74

NipkowDisc

I'll ignore that bit of disrespect and mention I used to kid my wife about CHEWBACCA being the only MEXICAN character in STAR WARS.  After all, didn't Han often refer to him as "Chewie"?  or....

CHUY!  :D  ;)  From the "Urban dictionary"....

Chuy,

(pronounced Chew-wee)

Chuy is actually a nickname for people with the name Jesus, (J is pronounced as an H.)

The nickname is most commonly used Mexicans and Naturalized Mexican Americans. It is commonly used by Mexicans and 1st generation Mexican Americans. It is less commonly used by 2nd generation and later Mexican-Americans and Americans of Mexican descent.

;) Sepiatone

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I'll ignore that bit of disrespect and mention I used to kid my wife about CHEWBACCA being the only MEXICAN character in STAR WARS.  After all, didn't Han often refer to him as "Chewie"?  or....

CHUY!  :D  ;)  From the "Urban dictionary"....

Chuy,

(pronounced Chew-wee)

Chuy is actually a nickname for people with the name Jesus, (J is pronounced as an H.)

The nickname is most commonly used Mexicans and Naturalized Mexican Americans. It is commonly used by Mexicans and 1st generation Mexican Americans. It is less commonly used by 2nd generation and later Mexican-Americans and Americans of Mexican descent.

;) Sepiatone

From "Armageddon" (1998)

A.J..... No. If anybody's anybody, I'm Han and you're Chewbacca.
Oscar.... Chewie! Have you even seen Star Wars?

hqdefault.jpg

I recall about 15 years ago in the VH1 special "When Star Wars Ruled the World," Peter was one of those interviewed, the show focusing just on what the "Star Wars" experience was like in the early years, before there were any prequels, sequels or special editions. He mentioned the end scene in the original film when Leia presents Han and Luke each a medal, but not Chewie. "I didn't get a medal," he said, "but I did have the last line." This led to Chewie's roar, which of course ended the movie, and the VH1 special.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings