Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE LAST WARNING - Restored and Soon Out On DVD

TomJH

One of the best old dark house thrillers (though set in a theatre) of the silent era, director Paul Leni's THE LAST WARNING has been restored and will be available on DVD and Blu Ray on May 28 (though Amazon says June 4). Take a look at the mouth watering imagery from this Flicker Alley promotion. This is a film of remarkable camera work, filmed on the same set as Chaney's Phantom of the Opera.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Yeah, I thought that looked like a pre-pencil thin mustache John Boles there.

Thanks for the heads-up here, Tom. Looks good!

(...hopefully TCM will show it on their Silent Sunday Night series sometime soon)

49 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, I thought that looked like a pre-pencil thin mustache John Boles there.

Thanks for the heads-up here, Tom. Looks good!

(...hopefully TCM will show it on their Silent Sunday Night series sometime soon)

A few years ago I actually contacted Charlie Tabesh in programming to see if they could show The Last Warning on TCM. He said that he would look into it but it would be expensive since the film was a silent and they would have to have a musical score accompanying it.

Well, Flicker Alley has done it all for them. Now it is a matter of getting the broadcast rights. Here's hoping.

It really is a fun film.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TomJH said:

Here's Laura La Plante appearing on You Bet Your Life 25 years after being the star of The Last Warning.

LOL

"A politician gets elected, and a statesman get defeated."

(...aah Groucho, always with the timeless lines...as true now as it was in 1954...heck, maybe even more so)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings