Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Magnetic Monster

Does anyone remember this classic from 1953?

I was born in Newark, New Jersey in the late 1940's. I used to go to the movies [The West End Theatre] to see movies like this. The last time I saw it on tv was back in the early 1960's.

Channel 11, WPIX in Manhattan used to have a horror/sci-fi program that was on around 5 or 6 P.M. on every Saturday The only thing I can recall about the movie was towards the end. They are trying to kill the "thing" and a metal ladder gets magnetically stuck to a chamber wall where they were working.

I remember the end, but I won't spoil it for you by posting it here. It is one of the lesser known early '50's sci-fi movies.

Alain

You're thinking of "Chiller Theater," which aired on WPIX on Saturday nights.

I've seen Magnetic Monster, but it was so long ago, I can't remember very much of it. I think there is a trailer for it on youtube.

Chiller Theater, of course! I was a devote' of that show I can tell ya. I remember seeing "I Married A Monster From Outer Space", "Attack of the 50' Woman" and many others on that show. As a matter of fact, I believe that they used clips from both movies on the Chiller Theater intro.

Thanks for bring that show back to my mind again!

Alain

You might want to request TCM get it and show it. I don't think it's been shown on TV in ages. I remember seeing MAGNETIC MONSTER quite a few times back in the 1960's but not since then. It's one of those early 1950's sci-fi films that seems to have disappeared when channels started going for the newer films.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...