Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

identify these stars? a film set??

DickLindsay

Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me ID these photos:

#1 and#2 I believe are two different silent actresses?

who.JPG
who0001.JPG

#3 and #4 are photos of a film set, director JACK CUMMINGS?

who0002.JPG
who0003.JPG

and #5, I do not recognize this actor.  anyone know?

who0004.JPG

THANKS!

hello, thanks for the responses.  I think you are right about the set designs being COMMON CLAY.  I saw the directors name (JACK CUMMINGS) on one of the slate boards, but apparently he is not associated with this film.  thanks again!

an update regarding the SET DESIGN photographs, #3 and 4.

It has been suggested that these photographs are actually from Hollywood Cavalcade (1939); that film **WAS** directed by Irving Cummings and, "Common Clay" was the title of a fictitious film-within-a-film.

SO, is anyone here familiar with the film HOLLYWOOD CAVALCADE?  Does TCM show it?  THANKS!

• 7 months later...

Hollywood Cavalcade starred Alice Faye and Don Ameche (my favorites). It's not a musical. It's in Technicolor and it's available on DVD. "Common Clay" is the film within a film. It's a sort of "Pre- Singing in the Rain" story with Don Ameche as a silent film director and Alice Faye as his star. Also in the film are silent film stars Buster Keaton and the Keystone Cops. Since it's a 20th Century Fox film, it's rather doubtful that it will be shown on TCM. However, you can probably get the DVD from your local library.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings