Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CinemaInternational

Murder, She Wrote Appreciation Thread

6 hours ago, Hibi said:

Bad news for Hallmark MSW watchers! (like me) Stupid Hallmark is starting their Christmas in July onslaught Friday (IN JUNE!!) 24 hours a day of sappy Christmas movies. Unsure how long we will have to endure. (last year was 2 wks, but they might expand to the whole month this year) Can't imagine this is a ratings bonanza. P-SSED! Isn't it bad enough we have to endure 2 months of this at the end of the year????

WGN continues to show 3 episodes in the morning every weekeday 9 to 11 Eastern time, so if you are subscribed to that, Murder She Wrote is still on the air....... 

Also another episode note. At tyhe end of the episode Dead Heat in season 2, Jessica is with her (one of a very large number) niece, and she tells her "I'm not much of a good luck charm." Understatement of the decade, Jess!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

WGN continues to show 3 episodes in the morning every weekeday 9 to 11 Eastern time, so if you are subscribed to that, Murder She Wrote is still on the air....... 

That is how I watch. They are not available to stream. COZI has 2 episodes on Saturdays.

29 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

I dont' think I get that station, but I'll check. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

Also another episode note. At tyhe end of the episode Dead Heat in season 2, Jessica is with her (one of a very large number) niece, and she tells her "I'm not much of a good luck charm." Understatement of the decade, Jess!

Yes, she does make occasional comments about being a murder magnet.....

• Like 1

I watched the PAINT ME A MURDER episode from SEASON ONE, it is REALLY bad! The first dozen or so episodes of the series  seemed unsure of what sort of show they wanted it to be so they're throwing pasta at the wall left and right....this is an attempt at an all-star AGATHA CHRISTIE ish type tale, and I sort of hope that this was a spec script that they were required by the WGA to produce because it is REALLY BADLY WRITTEN, some of the worst dialogue in the whole series- AND that is kinda saying something.

CESAR ROMERO (who struggles visibly with his lines and accent), CAPUCINE (soon before her suicide) ROBERT GOULET- who actually quits the episode halfway through- and STEWART GRANGER costar- GRANGER is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

psst- if you go to BING.COM and search under episode titles and "video"- you can get every MsW episode uncut (but with commercials)...for those of you going into severe withdrawal re Xmas in July

I also watched the ThICKER THAN WATER episode about SHERIFF METZGER'S neer do well brother who comes to CABOT COVE and becomes ensnared in a murder.

i really hope that somewhere out there, there is footage of ANGELA LANSBURY and WILLIAM WINDHAM walking alongside JAWS LAKE on the UNIVERSAL LOT redressed as CABOT COVE, having a discussion about why sodium pentathol would be found ERNESTINE PEABODY'S system or some such thing, when all of a sudden, the big rubber shark just comes out of the water and lurches at the extras behind them because some numbnut forgot to turn it off for the shoot.

jaws_1981.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I watched the PAINT ME A MURDER episode from SEASON ONE, it is REALLY bad! The first dozen or so episodes of the series  seemed unsure of what sort of show they wanted it to be so they're throwing pasta at the wall left and right....this is an attempt at an all-star AGATHA CHRISTIE ish type tale, and I sort of hope that this was a spec script that they were required by the WGA to produce because it is REALLY BADLY WRITTEN, some of the worst dialogue in the whole series- AND that is kinda saying something.

CESAR ROMERO (who struggles visibly with his lines and accent), CAPUCINE (soon before her suicide) ROBERT GOULET- who actually quits the episode halfway through- and STEWART GRANGER costar- GRANGER is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

psst- if you go to BING.COM and search under episode titles and "video"- you can get every MsW episode uncut (but with commercials)...for those of you going into severe withdrawal re Xmas in July

Yeah, I remember that one. The first seasons episodes really varied in quality. That was one of the bad ones.

58 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, I remember that one. The first seasons episodes really varied in quality. That was one of the bad ones.

kind of good bad....but also a fair amount of bad bad.

Still neat to see Capucine.

They use one of their popular MURDER, SHE LOCATIONS- a yellow Spanish-style mansion with white gingerbread trim. it was also in MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING and the episode where GRADY AND DONNA GET MARRIED AND SOMEONE STABS CONCHATA FERRELL WITH A MEAT THERMOMETER

It's supposed to be on an isolated island in this episode.

I laughed about amyl nitrate being part of the plot...

Capucine didn't do much television (at least in the U.S.)

22 hours ago, Hibi said:

22 hours ago, Hibi said:

22 hours ago, Hibi said:

3 hours ago, Hibi said:

I wondered. LOL.

It’s easily got to be the most times amyl nitrate has ever been mentioned on this board in one post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

It’s easily got to be the most times amyl nitrate has ever been mentioned on this board in one post.

I'll agree with you there! LOL.

If anyone still wants some Ruth Roman material, don't forget that two of the three episodes she was in can be seen on Amazon prime: "If It's Thursday, It Must Be Beverly" and "The Sins of Castle Cove"

Castle Cove and The Mayor were both on recently on Hallmark. It's too bad they did only 3. Maybe they didnt want to keep paying all the gals salaries. (cost cutting).

Just now, Hibi said:

Castle Cove and The Mayor were both on recently on Hallmark. It's too bad they did only 3. Maybe they didnt want to keep paying all the gals salaries. (cost cutting).

I have an inkling that one other episode "A Body to Die For" was meant to be a fourth one of those, before they changed it. Still a fun episode, but I would have loved to see Ruth, Kathyrn, and Gloria again.

What was that one about? I don't remember the title.

5 minutes ago, Hibi said:

What was that one about? I don't remember the title.

It involved all the local women joining the local gym because they were smitten with the man running it. Turns out he used to be a con artist, and was accused of murder when his old con partner (Hugh O'Brien0 gets shot down in Eve Simpson's bedroom. Ruta Lee, Sally Struthers, and Alix Elias were the other women in the episode ultimately, plus Lee was hilarious in a scene in which she and many other women wanted refunds after finding out he was married "Look honey, if my husband the lawyer hears about this, he'll turn this place into a pizza parlor!"

Yes, I remember that one. It could've been reworked into a Loretta gang episode, but I'm not sure it was written for them. Too bad. It would've been funny.

I saw part of one the other night. Jessica was watching the filming of a "hot" new music video. Then a dead guy fell out of a cabinet or something. It was laughably awful. I recognized Robert Knepper looking shady as usual. I didn't stick around much longer, though.

I hated those episodes where they tried to make Jessica "hip" by putting her with young people "making the scene!" LOL.