Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CinemaInternational

Murder, She Wrote Appreciation Thread

I think that Penelope is the Felicity character. Mia Kirschner is the other lead but they are both supposed to be "composite" characterd.

11 minutes ago, Roy Cronin said:

I think that Penelope is the Felicity character. Mia Kirschner is the other lead but they are both supposed to be "composite" characterd.

"composite" so Lifetime isn't sued for defamation by Huffman and Loughlin. Lol. 

I wonder if they'll put up that "any similarity to persons living or dead..." disclaimer? Or perhaps they put up a disclaimer stating that it's a "dramatization" ?

Too bad the unauthorized Full House story had already been made prior to Loughlin's scandal. 

Just had to remark that one of the episodes that Hallmark aired last night has one of the most memorable villain arrests in the series. In "Portrait of Death", Jessica reveals that the killer is an escaped murderer from death row. Said killer then goes to try to kill Jessica, but is stopped as the police come right in. When they started the read the rights, the killer barks: "Forget It! I Know the Drill!"

I don't recall that episode! I thought I'd seen them all.

1 hour ago, Roy Cronin said:

Oh, of course! :D

Well, it looks like Hallmark has started even earlier this year with the Xmas movies. They've been running 24/7 since Saturday. OCTOBER! :(

Hallmark Channel goes Christmas on Wednesday. No more Golden Girls. Lifetime has started Christmas movies too. Still fire season out here in California. Good thing TCM doesn't play this game.

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Well, it looks like Hallmark has started even earlier this year with the Xmas movies. They've been running 24/7 since Saturday. OCTOBER! :(

I know. I wanted to stab myself in the eye when I had to be in the room with a Hallmark Christmas movie containing another common trope: career woman makes a wish to Santa to see what her life would be like had she not gotten on the plane to pursue a huge job opportunity.  She wants to know what her life would have been like had she stayed and married her then boyfriend.  Then through the fantasy, we see her initially resent domestic life, then learn to love it, then being given the same job opportunity, initially wanting it, husband throws fit because he doesn't want her to stop playing Suzy Homemaker, she gives up the job because she realizes that the family life is really what she wanted all along.  God forbid she's able to work and take care of her kids--seeing that they're both in school! Ugh. I was hoping that she'd somehow get the job, but of course, that's not fitting in fantasy land Hallmark. 

Thankfully I can watch "my girls" on Hulu.  No commercials! and the alleged "naughty" words aren't censored like they are on Hallmark. 

The only Lifetime Christmas programming I want are scandalous stories about the housewife having a passionate affair with the local mall Santa.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I know. I wanted to stab myself in the eye when I had to be in the room with a Hallmark Christmas movie containing another common trope: career woman makes a wish to Santa to see what her life would be like had she not gotten on the plane to pursue a huge job opportunity.  She wants to know what her life would have been like had she stayed and married her then boyfriend.  Then through the fantasy, we see her initially resent domestic life, then learn to love it, then being given the same job opportunity, initially wanting it, husband throws fit because he doesn't want her to stop playing Suzy Homemaker, she gives up the job because she realizes that the family life is really what she wanted all along.  God forbid she's able to work and take care of her kids--seeing that they're both in school! Ugh. I was hoping that she'd somehow get the job, but of course, that's not fitting in fantasy land Hallmark. 

Thankfully I can watch "my girls" on Hulu.  No commercials! and the alleged "naughty" words aren't censored like they are on Hallmark. 

ROFL!!!!

• Haha 1