Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hollywood Hair Hall of Fame


ElCid
 Share

Recommended Posts

I like the Hollywood Hair theme, but I don't think they have June Allyson's sausage roll curls or enough 1940s helmet hair. Of course maybe they were trying to choose hair styles that were actually becoming. I would also have included Farrah Fawcett, although the Farrah flip was a TV creation. In some parts of the South the Farrah flip has never gone out of style.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fedya said:

To be fair, they did do a month-long spotlight on costume designers some years back.

Well a spotlight about costume designers or hairstylists. That is acceptable, since those are actual movie-related professions.

But I think it's weak/bland to do a spotlight on hair in general, just like it would be to do one on clothes in general. My opinion.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kingrat said:

I like the Hollywood Hair theme, but I don't think they have June Allyson's sausage roll curls or enough 1940s helmet hair. Of course maybe they were trying to choose hair styles that were actually becoming. I would also have included Farrah Fawcett, although the Farrah flip was a TV creation. In some parts of the South the Farrah flip has never gone out of style.

It would be nice to have the Farrah Flip (even if it has to be "Sunburn" or "Somebody Killed Her Husband"), but otherwise, the 70's were defined when Carrie Fisher pulled off her hiding-hoodie:

Untitled-1.jpg

And then, three years later, white girls tried wearing cornrows:

360x0.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TopBilled said:

To be honest, this seems like one of their weaker "themes." I assume it's being done as a tie-in with a book. 

What's next? The Hollywood Clothing Hall of Fame?

Or how about the Hollywood Non-clothing Hall of Fame?  Of course that one get a little tricky.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Or how about the Hollywood Non-clothing Hall of Fame?  Of course that one get a little tricky.

In fact that is the gag Robert Altman uses at the end of PRET-A-PORTER/READY TO WEAR. The whole movie is about the garment industry and the extraordinary clothes people wear. But at the end, there's a big fashion show where the models are all nude.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Well a spotlight about costume designers or hairstylists. That is acceptable, since those are actual movie-related professions.

But I think it's weak/bland to do a spotlight on hair in general, just like it would be to do one on clothes in general. My opinion.

Clothes-wise I can't see making mention outside of JOAN CRAWFORD'S shoulder pads.  And look how they're spoofed in this SCTV clip.....

Aren't those FOOTBALL pads O'Hara's wearing under that dress?  :o  :D  

 

Sepiatione

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

51Hq611ahnL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Who could forget THIS fashion stinker?

We CAN'T!!! It came true!!!

 

I remember this ad from Playboy!  Or maybe it was an item on the new fashion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...