Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tampa Bay TCM Backlot Chapter is finally happening - founding members wanted

The Tampa Bay TCM Backlot chapter is finally going to be created!  There has been significant interest and previous attempts to set it up, and now it will actually happen. All we need is you!  .

Tampa Bay is an ideal place for a local chapter, and we have been way too long without one. There has clearly been member interest, and the Tampa Bay area has as much to offer as any other place in the country.

Please reply if you want to join and be a Charter Member of the TCM Backlot Tampa Bay Chapter. Let's finally get this set up!  I do ask that you check back for replies or provide a preferred method of contact so the process does not get delayed waiting on responses.  

I am looking forward to meeting everyone 😀.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, all. It seems there hasn't been much activity lately related to this group, but of course we've all been dealing with the Corona virus. I recently created a "Tampa Bay Classic Film Club" meetup group. We have had a couple of events, all online, and it seems it will continue to be online for the foreseeable future.  There are 47 people in the group, so there is definitely interest out there! I've met some nice people I wouldn't have met otherwise. Not all of them have TCM, but they like old movies. I am personally very into TCM and turn it on almost daily to see what's playing. I would definitely join a TCM fan club for my area. I live in Hillsborough County (Tampa mailing address but not within the city limits). Someday I hope it will be safe to mingle again! I know the Tampa Theatre is closed indefinitely due to the pandemic, but I believe they will be streaming their Summer Classics series this year. It would be nice to somehow share that with other people.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2019 at 12:53 AM, Rescue mom said:

The Tampa Bay TCM Backlot chapter is finally going to be created!  There has been significant interest and previous attempts to set it up, and now it will actually happen. All we need is you!  .

Tampa Bay is an ideal place for a local chapter, and we have been way too long without one. There has clearly been member interest, and the Tampa Bay area has as much to offer as any other place in the country.

Please reply if you want to join and be a Charter Member of the TCM Backlot Tampa Bay Chapter. Let's finally get this set up!  I do ask that you check back for replies or provide a preferred method of contact so the process does not get delayed waiting on responses.  

I am looking forward to meeting everyone 😀.

Do you mean where I currently reside TAMPA BAY, FL???