Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

Robert Webber

got interested in him after watching him in a 2-part episode of Barnaby Jones last nite on Decades. reading his IMDb bio it says he bore a close resemblance to Kevin McCarthy. that is BS. webber didn't look anything like McCarthy. I sometimes would confuse him with ed nelson.

He didn't look like Ed Nelson either. He was taller and more in shape than Nelson and McCarthy. Plus he had a very distinctive voice.

He was in several episodes of Cannon and for awhile, he turned up in nearly every season of The Rockford Files (always playing a different character, and usually a villain). I think he and Garner lived near each other and were good friends off-screen.

19 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

yeah, webber certainly didn't mind playing villains.

He was very effective in those roles. He had a high class but roguish charm, which worked perfectly.

• Like 1

I've seen him on guest spots on other shows. Alfred Hitchcock Presents etc. Handsome actor.

3 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

got interested in him after watching him in a 2-part episode of Barnaby Jones last nite on Decades. reading his IMDb bio it says he bore a close resemblance to Kevin McCarthy. that is BS. webber didn't look anything like McCarthy. I sometimes would confuse him with ed nelson.

They had that marathon going all weekend. How many episodes did you get to see ?

He's great as one of the two iconic hit men (along with Gig Young) after Bennie in Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Gracia.

• Like 1

Yes, he had supporting parts in movies too. I remember him in The Sandpiper with the Burtons.

His role was pointless, but the first thing I always think of with Robert Webber is The Dirty Dozen.

get-attachment+(17).jpg

For me it was SOB.  Great ensemble cast. He was terrific as Ben Coogan, press agent to Julie Andrews' Sally Miles.

Ben Coogan: I don't like to be a party pooper, but I get seasick.

Dr. Irving Finegarten: A-ha! The last of your excremental bodily functions! Worthy of the Guinness Book of Records.

• Like 3

He was in a terrific episode of ‘The Rockford Files’  from 1976 as a phony psychic. He and James Gardner had great chemistry together. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GatorSteve said:

He was in a terrific episode of ‘The Rockford Files’  from 1976 as a phony psychic. He and James Gardner had great chemistry together. 

He also did two episodes of Garner's next series, Bret Maverick in 1982.

:o

ROBERT WEBBER and KEVIN McCARTHY???

The only other person I've seen that resembles McCarthy was my 7th grade English teacher!  :D

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rayban said:

He was memorable opposite Joanne Woodward in "The Stripper".

51qYQrkFBaL.jpg

I see the title was changed to the more exploitive The Stripper! (which must've been a let down to the menfolk who went to see it as that's not what the storyline was about). It bombed anyway.

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

:o

ROBERT WEBBER and KEVIN McCARTHY???

The only other person I've seen that resembles McCarthy was my 7th grade English teacher!  :D

Sepiatone

Actually Sepia, I've always thought there was some resemblance between Kevin McCarthy and Ricky Nelson...

See what I mean?...

18+Kevin_McCarthy_(actor).jpg

hqdefault.jpg