Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sylvia Miles (September 9, 1924-June 12, 2019)

Swithin

Sylvia Miles, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress Oscars for her roles in Midnight Cowboy and Farewell My Lovely has died aged 94. She appeared in numerous film and stage performances and was quite the actress around Manhattan. I had the pleasure of meeting her a few times, and she was always gracious, friendly, and amusing.

sylviamiles.jpg?w=1000

Heat-1972-film-images-bae8d2b8-5b3b-46f5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Great character actress, "Midnight Cowboy" is in my top ten favorite films. She was great at playing tough talking broads who had "been around". I thought she was very sexy too. I saw her once walking around NYC but did not have the courage to approach her. I would have loved to have asked her about the Statue Of Liberty!

3 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Great character actress, "Midnight Cowboy" is in my top ten favorite films. She was great at playing tough talking broads who had "been around". I thought she was very sexy too. I saw her once walking around NYC but did not have the courage to approach her. I would have loved to have asked her about the Statue Of Liberty!

HAHA. I bet she would've laughed her azz off! Too bad you didnt.

• Haha 1

I only thought that she was in her late 80s, so its some surprise to see that she was almost 95. Two performances of hers really stand out for me, the first being Midnight Cowboy where her scene of indignation at not getting paid is the highlight of the whole film for me, and Crossing Delancey where she made for a very funny matchmaker, full of wiles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rayban said:

She was a singular presence - on screen or on stage.

RIP, Miss Miles.

She once threw a plate of pasta into John Simon's lap.

He had it coming, she'd decided.

I forgot about that! Who didn't loathe John Simon? LOL.

• Like 1

A critic performers hated. Wrote really nasty reviews and criticized actors looks, etc. Very mean spirited.

OMG! I just looked him up and he's still ALIVE! Only the good die young, I guess. He's as old as Sylvia!

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings